OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

AA13AF69-FB5D-446C-9073-ADCD60140AF6.png

Aye? 😅

Burks geeez

1 point 0/7 FG in 36 minutes
Dude is not even a PG bro .... clearly a bench role player .... not hating on him, but no way he should be starting.

DRose if anything should be a starter and give the rains to IQ as the 6th man or bring back Kemba to play alongside people that play for each other vices the starting 5.

Listening to Thibs, unless a new coach comes in, he will just be a bench guy. SMH.

I get players have off nights man and if that's what it was, an off night, I wouldnt be mad. But for 3 years even last year at a high level, Randle is a turn over machine that plays selfishly and has a bad attitude when things arent going his way. Dude just doesn't hustle or gives good energy for others to feed off. Hate it.

Last edited:
at this point all i’m concerned with is whether or not RJ finishes the season with decent shooting splits

^ in sports in general i feel like once guys get that big contract they really dont care.... thats not the case with everyone but here it is... i feel like randle was trying to prove himself last year since it was a contract year then once he signed that contract he was back to his old ways aka year 1 on the Knicks...after last year i was thinking him and rj can be a good 1-2 punch and then maybe add a third guy... but neither are that guy... RJ has a lot of potential but is really inconsistent and randle is just inconsistent in general... his defense, effort and turnovers are getting old...the guy can post up and has a mid range but thinks hes steph curry and camps at the 3 point line smh...

so what exactly was accomplished since Kemba was benched? I know dude was struggling a lot on defense but he was at least shooting well from 3. With how terrible the offense is might as well play him every other game for 15-20 min at least for the hope of a big offensive quarter/half.

Decided to take my wife out and let my parents babysit instead of watch the game. Seems like I made the right choice. Peeped the box score and it looks like Obi played well. From the looks of it here, Randle was being Randle. Highly doubt we make it back to the playoffs at this rate.

Obi is too nice of a person. Can’t believe he really responded like this.

i've grown disillusioned with this coach. fast. obi feels he probably has to sweet talk thibs cause the other night he took a permanent seat after getting upset for getting yanked early in a game. and he still has to earn minutes despite the effort he's shown? come on. thibs shouldn't be talking about merit

also, just get rid of mitch. knicks don't need him tbh

at this point, i just want Randle off the team so Obi can play 30 mpg. trade Mitch, Randle, Knox, and IQ if necessary for Myles and whomever else Indy will be willing to give us.

Sadly they’re gonna throw the boat at Portland for Dame. And all we’ll have left is Dame and Randle to lead us no where.

Randle really gotta go. He doesn’t do anything positive out there. Sure he may garner attention, but idk, he can’t even hit open shots anymore. His patented baseline jumper is a guaranteed brick too now.

Like legit if we had someone like Thaddeus Young in his place we’d be more effective.

Last edited:
Could this be true ? This is according to SNY . First I'm hearing ang of this.

FB_IMG_1639248173190.jpg

Seems like we gettin fleece'd ... however u spell it ...

Really starting to change my views on RJ and Randle. Feel like RJ is our Kelly Oubre and Randle is no more than a 3rd option on a Contender. Would’nt even better mad if both of them were gone.

Back
Top Bottom