OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

i never liked the fournier signing... and the kemba one was a gamble but a small contract... not surprised it didnt work out...also resigning noel and burks was a mistake... only guy they signed which was correct was rose....you could sign other guys who coulda been had for cheaper with the same or better production.... oubre and schroeder woulda been better than kemba and fournier... and not resigning noel and burks coulda used that money on someone else like lonzo

Lonzo didnt want to come here. he wanted Chicago. Noel was our insurance last season when Mitch couldn't stay on the floor whether that be injury or fouls. him and Burks played well for us. hindsight is 20/20 so its easy to say we could've used that money elsewhere. the issue is Thibs more than Randle. his rotations do not work and him continue to allow Randle to show poor body language and let him play through bad stretches is rubbing the rest of the team the wrong way. dude can turnover, chuck an air ball, while not playing any D in back to back possessions, but says nothing. Obi misses one 3 and gets pulled. trades a frp for Cam only for him not to play anyway while Burks continues to struggle this season. #FIRETHIBS

I’ll always give Fournier props for the way he handles the tough questions from the media. Dudes been as professional as they come since he came here. Always liked his approach.

On the court, dude is crazy inconsistent though. Smart player, but soft. Wouldn’t mind him coming off the bench to light up opposing benches if they want to start Grimes.

You guys keep putting all the blame on Randle, but I say is just as much if not more Thibs fault.

Clearly Thibs want to content and not waste his time mentoring and developing the youth.
Thibs is a problem but I'm sick of watching Randle play on the Knicks.

You get the right 9 Guys for Thibs he's going to have to play them. Cuz at least there the team will be defensively good.

As far as playing young guys, Thibs was never about that and if we being honest neither have the Knicks. If we're changing in to a team that is going to properly develop our young players and picks then we should've never hired Thibs to begin with.

Fournier would look like an entirely different player without sharing the floor with Julius and with an actual PG. He's not a scrub, he's just not a strong defender. Only Thibs/Julius could make him look as trash as he has this season. Thibs has ZERO clue about how to run an offense or any plays in general

Fournier would look like an entirely different player without sharing the floor with Julius and with an actual PG. He's not a scrub, he's just not a strong defender. Only Thibs/Julius could make him look as trash as he has this season. Thibs has ZERO clue about how to run an offense or any plays in general

Fournier's best games are when he's getting consistent touches in rhythm. He's more than a catch & shoot guy. He can put the ball on the floor a bit.

He's not far removed from seasons as a 18-20 PPG scorer. Using him as the tertiary ball handler behind Randle or Barrett & allowing him to make basic pick & roll reads is so obvious but we're content letting him stand on the wings.

Another one of Thibs flaws. He has zero offensive plays. Zero off ball movement.

This is true...When i saw the game against Miami their offense compared to ours was night and day... they had ball movement, back door plays, guys always moving without the ball and just overall their offense is easy for them to score...

Thibs is a problem but I'm sick of watching Randle play on the Knicks.

You get the right 9 Guys for Thibs he's going to have to play them. Cuz at least there the team will be defensively good.

As far as playing young guys, Thibs was never about that and if we being honest neither have the Knicks. If we're changing in to a team that is going to properly develop our young players and picks then we should've never hired Thibs to begin with.

its not even necessarily about development at this point. the young guys are just flat out better than some of the vets that he insists on playing heavy minutes. Burks has continued to struggle this season, but has not been replaced or seen his minutes decline. Sims has shown that he can grab boards and rim run, while Taj is out there just being a body. they're not playing well at all, and Thibs refuses to make changes. the starting unit in itself is abysmal. Van Gundy was speaking nothing but facts last night. Thibs is just being stubborn for the hell of it.

its not even necessarily about development at this point. the young guys are just flat out better than some of the vets that he insists on playing heavy minutes. Burks has continued to struggle this season, but has not been replaced or seen his minutes decline. Sims has shown that he can grab boards and rim run, while Taj is out there just being a body. they're not playing well at all, and Thibs refuses to make changes. the starting unit in itself is abysmal. Van Gundy was speaking nothing but facts last night. Thibs is just being stubborn for the hell of it.
Well I'm actually for getting rid of most of these guys so it doesnt matter that much to me right now.

I don't think some of these guys on the bench are THAT much better than whose currently in the rotation. Its just whose playing now are just playing pretty poorly as of late.

As far as the other stuff, Thibs is Thibs. It seems we haven't had a coach who makes adjustments or calls offensive plays out of timeouts since Van Gundy :lol: Not Pringles, not Larry Brown. Actually probably only assistant coaches like Don Chaney, Mike Woodson, Mike Miller, etc. did those things as well but we know how that turned out.

Last edited:
Getting ready to lose by 40 with the starters and lose by 20 because the bench will get us a plus 20. 🤦‍♂️

I don’t fall asleep until 1am the earliest anyway. So might as well put some background noise.

Back
Top Bottom