OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Gotta look at the bigs contracts in the league too.

1647195823764.png
for a thread the moves to give mitch the excuse that “he just needs a pg” whenever he’s not productive or throws up goose eggs on the stat sheet, i feel like this just reenforces my point more

everyone from steven adams and up which is around what i predict mitch to be asking, holds significantly more weight for their teams than mitch ever has for ours (with the exception of turner) and consistently string together impressive performances on either or both ends, PG or not

we’re not gonna have a PG next year, the year after that, and probably the year after that too

so where do y’all expect to see improvements?

he is not in the same class as adams, allen, or capella, so why are y’all okay with paying him like he is??

I def think he’s better than Steven Adams, but Adams got paid when there was a big man frenzy in free agency. Don’t think he’s worth more than Capela and Allen

I already know our back up plan is Mo Bamba. Really depends on the offers I guess. Detroit will give Mitch what he wants.

Mitch is tasked with guarding multiple players every possession instead of being able to guard the paint. Randle, Fournier and Burks are food out there and their man goes by them every single time on D...forcing the help to come and be out of position. But maybe I be watching a different version of the games or something 🥴

Our young guys ceilings: Let’s keep it real, Deuce is a G League Superstar and no more than a backup on a sub 500 team. Sims is good for a backup but no way he’s a starter. Grimes, Obi, IQ top out as 7th and 8th men and are good for spot starts on a good 1st or 2nd round exit in the playoffs team.

Nah dmvisrnb dmvisrnb some of these cats like flood just started watching. Son has more to say about Knicks gossip than the game.

That’s why most his points are trash like that one above. Very shortsighted takes. And emotional takes based on things like which player is cuter on some Jeanie Buss vibes.

Camby would get bodied early thanks to his frame. He was even skinnier than Mitch who will still get stronger. The Cambyman would eventually go on to win DPOY for another team.

anybody else's game audio messed up ?

mine went out like at halftime and never came back ...

* just came back * :smokin

Last edited:
Thank you Deuce...ignore Quickley on offense and don't immediately give him the ball like you have been every game. Look him off. You are perfectly capable of running the offense...

Edit: Nevermind. Burks is in already 🤦🏾‍♂️

How the **** you pull Duece when he is working the paint and playing D? ****ing Thibs man. ...

Right after that pass sub and mills hit a 3.

Guck you fat **** Thibs.

You’re comparing camby to Mitch? How old are you? Camby was contributing off the rip when he joined the Knicks and he was the fan favorite as well. And he was never featured in either. And if you tell me Charlie ward and Chris child’s were good PGs then I don’t know what to say.

Mitch has never posted consecutive good games let alone a stretch. He is injury prone and is not very coordinated. You can pay someone on potential. But not on potential that he’s never seen doing. We’ve heard since he got drafted that he had a 3 pointer back in HS. He can’t even make a FT at a 60% clip. Like what do people see. He isn’t even what de Andrea Jordan was in his early years.

Deandre Jordan was close to a max contract player at one point in the NBA. So to even be close to that, we won.

Idk who compared him to Camby, but Camby was Def better. Also we have an old school stubborn coach zero chance he’ll let Mitch expand his game to anything.

I don’t trust anyone on this team outside of RJ and Mitch. You’re about to lose Mitch for literally nothing, that’s a huge huge L.

Deandre Jordan was close to a max contract player at one point in the NBA. So to even be close to that, we won.

Idk who compared him to Camby, but Camby was Def better. Also we have an old school stubborn coach zero chance he’ll let Mitch expand his game to anything.

I don’t trust anyone on this team outside of RJ and Mitch. You’re about to lose Mitch for literally nothing, that’s a huge huge L.

What has Mitch shown to be featured though. I remember last year we did dump him the ball in the post a few times and he had no moves. He’s the same player he was his rookie year down there except he lost bounce. Like he gets out jumped for rebounds by smaller players at times because he doesn’t understand the concept of boxing out and he isn’t the fastest one off the ground on 2nd jumps. I think people are just infatuated that he’s 7’0 with above average athleticism but no finesse.

He has shown almost 0 development outside of his weight gain this past off season.

to say mitch has DPOY potential at this point in his career is pretty asinine and disconnected

Mister Meaner Mister Meaner says he’s anchored our defense that was top 5 last year and son played literally 30 games :rofl:

but coming from the guy that swore knox was the goods i’m not surprised

Marcus Camby also went to college for 3 years so when we got him in that trade in his 3rd season he was by far more polished. The only comp I’m going for was the slight frame to start careers. They get that strength to handle the bigs with some seasoning. Camby was able to get strong enough to win DPOY.

Hey floodarea floodarea lets not compare scrubs. Both were handled wrong by this org but at least I was a fan for basketball reasons.

Camby was def a fan favorite, for me especially...but the rest is CAP. At age 24/25, Camby was 7/5 and 10/8 with 2 blocks a game his first 2 years with the Knicks. And he continued to improve after to the point that he became DPOY

Back
Top Bottom