OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Dallas is going to re-sign Brunson. It’s one of the many reasons they got rid of KP. More flexibility.

1 - Brunson is unrestricted this offseason
2- Don’t think they’ll have the $ to pay him $10M+
3- Luka contract jumps from $10M to $35M next season
4- Dallas is at $124M now & at $150M next season, BEFORE paying Brunson

5- Spencer Dinwiddie

I would swap IQ for Brunson

Last edited:

Get this clown outta here ASAP

Knicks won & Randle had 5points… so he’s tight

Knicks have
Rose - $14.5M
Burks - $10
Nerlens - $9M
Kemba - $9M
Gibson - $5M

In EXPIRING CONTRACTS, heading into next season plus a lot of picks. Positioned very well to make a trade, plus a top 10 pick this offseason too. Randle and picks and expiring can tempt some teams

Last edited:
IQ is the 1st young gun I’m giving up. His role can be better served by Grimes.

And as great as I believe RJ can be, he needs an offensive force that can dominate inside to run with.

I like Obi but if a more physical 4 (Paulo) were to fall into their laps this draft, send him packing too if need be.

1 - Brunson is unrestricted this offseason
2- Don’t think they’ll have the $ to pay him $10M+
3- Luka contract jumps from $10M to $35M next season
4- Dallas is at $124M now & at $150M next season, BEFORE paying Brunson

5- Spencer Dinwiddie

I would swap IQ for Brunson

You might be right.

Dallas fans in the NBA thread are convinced they’re re-signing him since KP left.

Dallas swapped KP’s $31M
For Dwinwiddie $17M & Bertrand $16M

Only way Dallas can do it is if they trade/unload a contract to make room

they really gotta get randles outta nyc.
julius is such a pos.
has there ever been a fall from grace this hard and quick? dude is a cancer

781A3652-0237-468B-9CC6-662C3BF106A7.jpeg

Randle is ****ing worthless man. In not even talking about talent either.

Dude gives zero ****s about the team. Just don't see him coming back. No effort on offense, no effort on defends .. he already checked out.

You can't depend on a dude like that, never know when he will show up.

I remember an article about Randle

“Leon took the job and not too [much later] Wes took the job with him,” the 26-year-old Randle said. “And Wes called me. He’s like, ‘Yo, what do you need to be an All-Star? What do you need to lead this team?’ One of the things I told him, ‘I really need a coach to hold me accountable, I need a coach to push me.’ ”

That coach is Tom Thibodeau. His staff included Payne, who recruited Randle at Kentucky and helped him develop into a one-and-done lottery pick there. Under Thibodeau, Randle is enjoying a breakout season, leading the Knicks (33-27), who will ride an eight-game winning streak into a Saturday matinee against the Raptors at the Garden, to a likely playoff berth. Randle has developed into one of the sport’s premier forwards, averaging team-highs of 23.9 points, 10.5 rebounds and 6.1 assists. He has given Thibodeau a ton of credit not only for his play, but also for the team as a whole. He has provided stability, accountability and, most of all, a winning mentality.

Randle got what he was looking for. He got the bag

four game win streak when we supposed to be losing

cant make this up :rofl:

Thibs was for sure tryna throw the game when he subbed Randle back in

dmvisrnb dmvisrnb they already have the pg but have to sign someone in the meantime to start. Brunson fits in nicely there. A couple shrewd moves and trades & they could both develop the youts & make the playoffs next year.

didn't Mitch just buy a place in Dallas? if so, i can see a sign and trade deal with him and Brunson. solves both teams' needs tbh. both teams would also have to dump some salary to make it work though. i think there is a market for Kemba, but idk about Noel. we'd probably have to package IQ to move him. i'd be cool with a wing rotation of Brunson, Rose, RJ, Grimes, Burks, Fournier, and Cam. our front court is looking thin though.

Brunson-RJ-Burks-Grant-Mitch
Deuce-Grimes-Cam-Obi-Sims
Rose——Banchero🙏
Taj

Perfect summer sees Randle & Evan finding new places to be great.

Make something out of nothing & get that lotto pick, Leon. All these picks are stacking up and there’s already the ryc taking up most of the rotation.

They don’t need much more than a dude in his prime to play ready to play better defense than Randle. Grant gives you that with an expiring contract as well. Let Thibs get his hands on him & he’ll be switching him 2-5. Only need him as a rental with Obi maturing.

Drummond? In the event Mitch does it.

Develop Sims. Protect him. Can’t keep drafting good players & fumbling one way or the other.

If Mitch has made up his mind to go elsewhere then get him involved in one of the trades. Brunson + Theo for Mitch + Fournier + NN or something like that, idk.

& I’m still baffled about the Knicks undervaluing Mitch.

I understand the fans, esp seeing some **** in here, but these knuckleheads let this situation get out of control for no reason. He’s the defensive anchor to what was and is one of the best defenses in the league.

Back
Top Bottom