OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

I said if it were up to me… obviously it’s unrealistic to expect us to not give up IQ and Obi…if anything id keep RJ and if Utah is asking for him I would hang up the phone… they can take grimes though… maybe it’s just me but I actually want to see what this team can do with an actual pg in Brunson and keep what we got…it would be exciting to get Mitchell but I don’t see how gutting the team to get him will make us better… if anything I’d rather try to trade rose/Fournier/randle for anything just so the younger guys can play more…

I’m getting lit up in the NBA thread :lol:

Just for saying RJ has improved and gotten better.

And I probably slandered RJ more than anyone in here since he rookie year. But RJ proved me wrong this season.

it truly baffles me how high y’all value some of these young scrubs we got

not to mention how tightly other fans wanna hold into these draft picks that are heavily protected or will never be top ten picks anyway

we not the thunder man
we don’t have an abundance of young talent to look forward to the future for

RJ, jericho, and grimes the only ones with real potential

if we can fool the jazz into taking a package where only grimes is sacrificed from that group for a bonefied star you making that ******* trade

everyone else who cares

quickley is a inefficient chuck
obi about to be 25 still throwing up air balls on a regular basis and can’t dribble

these the dudes y’all protecting???

I’m getting lit up in the NBA thread :lol:

Just for saying RJ has improved and gotten better.

And I probably slandered RJ more than anyone in here since he rookie year. But RJ proved me wrong this season.
Same :rofl:

Like damn I can't say SOMETHING good about the Knicks?

I'm dogging them 98% of the time

People really just hate New York and hate the Knicks so any type of positivity in that thread gets rained on

From 2021

It starts with actually acquiring a star

Agreed, but at what point do we stop "tryna get a star" and actually attempt to build something real? A 6'1 star will get u to the 2nd rd at best. I know the game has sped up and turned into a 3-pt contest, but it still slows down come playoff time and thats when you need a star wing that can put the team on his back and play both sides of the court effectively. My hope is that RJ can someday develop into that type of player, and if/when that happens he'll still have a solid supporting cast around him.

Agreed, but at what point do we stop "tryna get a star" and actually attempt to build something real? A 6'1 star will get u to the 2nd rd at best. I know the game has sped up and turned into a 3-pt contest, but it still slows down come playoff time and thats when you need a star wing that can put the team on his back and play both sides of the court effectively. My hope is that RJ can someday develop into that type of player, and if/when that happens he'll still have a solid supporting cast around him.
When the Knicks signed Brunson they proved they are trying to compete

We will never be the OKC Thunder

If we are talking about overrating young guys on the team well I don’t see how grimes would be untouchable… hes basically shump with a 3 point shot but not as athletic…His defense is overrated too… every time hes slapping someone and gets in foul trouble quickly… kinda reminds me of Mitch his first few years…I don’t understand how some people are quick to say trade RJ but keep grimes… nah that don’t make sense

Yo fix the thread title. Don’t put that out in the universe fam.

Like others, I’d rather keep Grimes, but if he’s the only player with potential being moved, then so be it. I just don’t want to gut the whole team. RJ is the only untouchable imo.

Id like to keep Grimes over any of our young guys as well, but if that’s who Utah values the most and wants a package centered around him then we should consider ourselves lucky.

The Melo trade was 3 young guys and 1 unprotected FRP. Ain’t no way is Mitchell better than Melo.

Now they saying Grimes will be just as good if not better than Donovan in 2 years. Just bring back Trier as starting SG.

Dudes be making a busll**** analysis to support their position along with misconstruting what others have said.

There's a big difference between sucking and having a plan B (draft picks) to shape the team. And sucking with no cap and no picks.

If they are talking about 4 picks and a player. Sure ... that's not a bad deal but anything more than that, which would gut the team is bad business.

Historically, Champions are built from within. Sure the Celtics brought in 2 guys and Lebron just built his teams. But lost in the mix are the Warriors, Bucks, Raptors with contenders being Celtics, Suns, Heats, etc ... they are winning with one guy brought in at most.

Also what's the point of bringing Brunson and then trying to trade for Mitchell. Why not go all in on Mitchell and then using the money to fill in???

I don't like the move and regardless I see the team as 1st or 2nd round team. I much rather see it with guys thattl are young and are building together than 2 stars no asssets no bench. If the experiment goes bad we are ******.

Plus i keep seeing but the position of the draft picks ... yet
Screenshot_20220714-134855_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20220714-134825_Google.jpg

And who said Grimes can't be just as good as Mitchell?

Our off-season can literally be Brunson, Mitchell, Hartenstein, and Mitch resigned and a lot of y'all are gonna be mad about it :rofl:

it’s fans like these last few pages that help keep this organization bad.
Dolan, to his credit, has been remarkably hands off in recent times. You’d think Phil Jackson would be a good hire but good coach =/= good team president.

Can’t say Dolan is anything like a Sterling neither. Has had 4 brothas running the show at one point. Maybe one or two had some dirt on him but still.

And now Leon is given room and more importantly time to emulate the better run teams of the league.

NY being different changes everything tho.
Superstars want to come here no matter what any ****boy on tv or the internet says.

Year 3 of a rebuild to blow it up for Jalen Brunson & Spida? Dawgs yes, but for the value to this team Grimes is a much better fit.

Hard to say who’s really pushing these buttons on the Knicks front. Outside of coach Bryant but the real influencers in the room are hard to finger 🐾 .

Don gives Thibs another win-now option. So does that mean you try to keep DRose now? Be real ****** up if they ship him there. For everyone, it’d be real ****** up.

Knicks just gonna leave ALL the rebounding to the front court as well I see in this supposed retooling.

Also, who’s to say Grimes is not a win now option? I think I’d have to agree that he’s untouchable here.
I would hope the RJ slander hasn’t been as loud, or present even, in this melodrama.

floodarea floodarea is he untouchable or not worth it & you can’t believe you ever had a folder with his selfies on your phone? Which one is it today?

If anything was to happen I would hope Leon approaches Ainge with a firm & fair offer. And says otherwise Danny go **** yourself.

Back
Top Bottom