OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

The thing is Jazz just don't want picks... If they want obi, grimes, IQ, duece, cam and 5-6 first round picks would you still want to do the trade?

give em grimes. keep the kids that have been here a couple of years already (like obi). fine with throwing iq in (he becomes superfluous). knicks should wait it out a bit. there isn't much competition from other teams

The thing is Jazz just don't want picks... If they want obi, grimes, IQ, duece, cam and 5-6 first round picks would you still want to do the trade?
obi - 25 year old player who only excels at literally one thing

IQ - an inefficient chuck and poor defender

cam - no drive, poor shooter, injury prone

mcbride - ceiling is a serviceable bench player

grimes - a legit talent with the highest upside in that package but if he has to go in exchange for a star so be it

that group with five firsts is an EASY trade

Yes, which means we still have randle, no matter what backlash you throw at him, hes still a 20 points player.

so later on we can flip randle for another player or still keep him

Giving our track history of draft picks and how bad we do, im all for giving them away. Besides KP, it rarely works in our favor when it comes to drafting.

We going to beat ourselves in the head when the Heat come in and swoop Mitchell and now we have no one to look forward too, all the major stars are signed to new contracts, and we wont see anyone good in the market for a good 4-5 years.

We had hopes for zion coming to NY, look how quickly he signed that extension.

the key truth that’s being lost on so many of y’all who are trying to hold onto as many draft picks as possible is that it’s way easier to acquire talent when you have a competitive team with bonafide stars on it than it is when you have zero stars and you’re swinging for a home run in the draft between picks 10-20
You full of ****, playing ignorant or not watching wtf is going on.

Aint no team with bonified stars that are capped out bringing in real talent. They are bringing in "over the hill" dudes or dudes that aren't reallly good for MLE and vet min.

We will be capped out. With No youth and no picks.

Just point out facts.

They want all the young players and 6 picks ? Lmao

How many rings or finals Donovan been to ?
Imagine a team blowing up their squat and the final sale is their price Juelz and they are willing to take what all the fans see as bust and BS picks.

Just saying.

You full of ****, playing ignorant or not watching wtf is going on.

Aint no team with bonified stars that are capped out bringing in real talent. They are bringing in "over the hill" dudes or dudes that aren't reallly good for MLE and vet min.

We will be capped out. With No youth and no picks.

Just point out facts.
aight man idk what to tell you either you get it or you don’t :lol:

it’s those same over the hill dudes that are making significant enough contributions for rings but you’re right, let’s just keep doing everything the exact same way we’ve been doing it the past decade

all those new banners from the past 10 years are fun to look at huh

When melo was here nobody was actually running to go play here... unless you want to count chandler and noah lol

When melo was here nobody was actually running to go play here... unless you want to count chandler and noah lol
yeah because we had a deplorable owner who was too hands on and no one wanted to play for

now we have a deplorable owner who’s been invisible the past 5 years and a player friendly front office team. it’s a different story

if y’all are trying to sit there and tell me talent doesn’t attract talent idk what to tell you. that’s literally how it’s always worked

i know everyone wanna look at everything as black and white as possible to support their arguments but at least pretend to know what was goin on back then

aight man idk what to tell you either you get it or you don’t :lol:

it’s those same over the hill dudes that are making significant enough contributions for rings but you’re right, let’s just keep doing everything the exact same way we’ve been doing it the past decade

all those new banners from the past 10 years are fun to look at huh
Tell me who? Please tell me which guys are making significant contributions?

Where are these guys flocking to Brooklyn, Sixers, Lakers, etc ... who are they?

Sometime you want to be dismissive but lets chat.

Give examples of what you mean and dont come with Allen to Heats.

We are capped out with Jalen/Mitch/Radle and Mitch .. what others stars are joining?

days after the draft this whole thread was talking up leon for acquiring all these picks that could be used in a bigger trade down the line and now that he actually might use them y’all are *****ing

thread is crazy :rofl:

Like i said before, we suck at drafting, besides RJ and KP, its never really worked in our favor. So im all for trading all the draft picks, give them all away idc

Tell me who? Please tell me which guys are making significant contributions?

Where are these guys flocking to Brooklyn, Sixers, Lakers, etc ... who are they?

Sometime you want to be dismissive but lets chat.

Give examples of what you mean and dont come with Allen to Heats.

We are capped out with Jalen/Mitch/Radle and Mitch .. what others stars are joining?
sure thing

2021 bucks - bobby portis & pj tucker both acquired through signings and were great role players during their finals run

2020 lakers - rondo 8/4/6 during their finals run
KCP averaged 10 points during their finals run and was acquired that year

2019 raptors - signed marc gasol mid-season and averaged 9/6/4 during the finals run

2017/2018 warriors - kevin durant signed there bc of their existing talent

there’s way more examples of this through the history of the league but this is just teams that actually won

it’s not a hard concept to grasp and has literally always been that way

to think you’d rather hold onto picks when we can’t draft and cap when no one ever comes here is beyond me :lol:

Last edited:
days after the draft this whole thread was talking up leon for acquiring all these picks that could be used in a bigger trade down the line and now that he actually might use them y’all are *****ing

thread is crazy :rofl:
Just to be clear ....
Unless there's a PG on the block that is viewed as a star ... I don't care a trade.

If Leon aint finding a star to bring to thre Knicks, regardless of potential, Thibs aint pLying them.
I was all about trading for a PG ... my issue now has change because of the Brunson signing. I just don't believe giving up all that to have Brunson and Mitch is a good idea. Expecially when you can't fill needs going forward.
As much as I think KD is a *****, I think Leon should throw a bunch of picks / Randle and IQ.

At least see what they say.
I'm all about giving up assets for game changers. Just saying ....

magic head coach been talking for an entire quarter while the knicks are playing

why does this constantly happen??

sure thing

2021 bucks - bobby portis & pj tucker both acquired through signings and were great role players during their finals run

2020 lakers - rondo 8/4/6 during their finals run
KCP averaged 10 points during their finals run and was acquired that year

2019 raptors - signed marc gasol mid-season and averaged 9/6/4 during the finals run

2017/2018 warriors - kevin durant signed their bc of their existing talent

there’s way more examples of this through the history of the league but this is just teams that actually won

it’s not a hard concept to grasp and has literally always been that way

to think you’d rather hold onto picks when we can’t draft and cap when no one ever comes here is beyond me :lol:
Lmao .... 🤣

You dead serious too ....

Iight.

While you're at it, besides the lakers. Every team you mention built themselves organically. Even the Raptors after aquiring KL and Green was mostly organically.

Just saying ...

But Ok ...

Lmao .... 🤣

You dead serious too ....

Iight.

While you're at it, besides the lakers. Every team you mention built themselves organically. Even the Raptors after aquiring KL and Green was mostly organically.

Just saying ...
how tf do you acquire someone organically????

you either draft them or you don’t :rofl:

all them players i mentioned were acquired THAT season or mid-season

like damn idk what to do w y’all fr :lol:

son keeps moving the goalpost to try and validate his points that have literally no backbone or merit to go off of

wanna call me dismissive but bringing up zero points to support his argument and just deflecting instead lmfao

I will say grimes does seem like he’s improved in the off-season. He always had bounce but his handle was hesitant. He worked on that. This is something that can’t be said in Frank and some of the other scrubs we drafted over there years. RJ and Grimes seem to actually work which is nice to see.

how tf do you acquire someone organically????

you either draft them or you don’t :rofl:

all them players i mentioned were acquired THAT season or mid-season

like damn idk what to do w y’all fr :lol:

son keeps moving the goalpost to try and validate his points that have literally no backbone or merit to go off of

wanna call me dismissive but bringing up zero points to support his argument and just deflecting instead lmfao
You talk about reading comprehension but can't understand what was said.

Anyways, No one needs to validate anything ...

Just because you see things one way and I see then differently .. it is what it is.

You always have issues with things you disagree .... if you was right ... you wouldnt see so many people against doing something they consider dumb. But according to you ... thats the right thing to do.

The teams you mentioned where legit title contenders, the talent you mentioned minus KD were over the hill .. but were good pieces to conpliment the championship team.

So what you're saying these talented group are going to be title contenders and they are going to be a BP type of player to help ..

Aint no one moving the goal post ...

Back
Top Bottom