OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

floodarea floodarea is he untouchable or not worth it & you can’t believe you ever had a folder with his selfies on your phone? Which one is it today?
1657828802206.jpeg

keko jones keko jones sees max potential in everyone. Should be a motivational speaker or something.
If seeing max potential in our draftee is a bad thing, so beat it.

But lets see .... from last season till now.

1. I didn't want Cam. I actually didn't even like him coming out of Duke. However, he is here now and I want him to florish. For me, is the why we gave a first for him??? But we did, so Utilize him ... but if he is a piece to move, so beat it. No love lost.

2. I hate/hated the idea of having IQ as the 1. As a 2 from the bench, I saw great potential. IQ has zero vision and he tends to play selfish and wave off other players. I see a better player in Duece than IQ. But again, people have to be given the opportunity. If he's moved for a bigger piece so beat it.

3. Didn't want to sign Brunson for 100+ million. Wanted our youth to get the opportunity. But once he signed you can't denied that he has won everywhere and will be beneficial for our team.

4. I don't want to mortgage the farm for Mitchell. I know how hard is to be an all star at the 1 and he is one. But to sell the farm is going to be stupid for a redundant player.

Do I see potential in Grimes, Sims, Duece, Obi, RJ ... yes. I see potential in them expecially as a collective unit. I have been all for about the let them fail and move from there.

I'm tired of seeing the same BS ... give the farm up and then cant do **** because we have nothing to improve.

Melo is a better player than Mitchell and all we got was a couple of good seasons and decades of pulgatory. Unlile Melo we will still own some picks but we are going to fall in the not good enough to win and not bad enough to get a high pick.

I'm not saying Grimes will be better than Mithcell, but no one here can say he wont ... those are facts. However, some of ya are just stuck ****ting on our dudes.

Is funny that Mitchell is this bigtime game changer and the organization so enough of him to say .. naw this aint it .. we need to retool.

But it's cool .... ya go ahead and ask for your Mitchell.

Last edited:
Yea, they gonna take all those protected picks dudes are laughing at now & fleece NY for insanely valuable 1st rounders tomorrow.

Fournier, IQ & Keels plus them picks would be the least painful for me.

JB-Spida-RJ-Randle-Mitch
Rose-Grimes-Cam-Obi-Hart

Deuce gets the other 40 games 🥀 has to sit. Sims gets regular minutes backing the 4 & 5.

If seeing max potential in our draftee is a bad thing, so beat it.

But lets see .... from last season till now.

1. I didn't want Cam. I actually didn't even like him coming out of Duke. However, he is here now and I want him to florish. For me, is the why we gave a first for him??? But we did, so Utilize him ... but if he is a piece to move, so beat it. No love lost.

2. I hate/hated the idea of having IQ as the 1. As a 2 from the bench, I saw great potential. IQ has zero vision and he tends to play selfish and wave off other players. I see a better player in Duece than IQ. But again, people have to be given the opportunity. If he's moved for a bigger piece so beat it.

3. Didn't want to sign Brunson for 100+ million. Wanted our youth to get the opportunity. But once he signed you can't denied that he has won everywhere and will be beneficial for our team.

4. I don't want to mortgage the farm for Mitchell. I know how hard is to be an all star at the 1 and he is one. But to sell the farm is going to be stupid for a redundant player.

Do I see potential in Grimes, Sims, Duece, Obi, RJ ... yes. I see potential in them expecially as a collective unit. I have been all for about the let them fail and move from there.

I'm tired of seeing the same BS ... give the farm up and then cant do **** because we have nothing to improve.

Melo is a better player than Mitchell and all we got was a couple of good seasons and decades of pulgatory. Unlile Melo we will still own some picks but we are going to fall in the not good enough to win and not bad enough to get a high pick.

I'm not saying Grimes will be better than Mithcell, but no one here can say he wont ... those are facts. However, some of ya are just stuck ****ting on our dudes.

Is funny that Mitchell is this bigtime game changer and the organization so enough of him to say .. naw this aint it .. we need to retool.

But it's cool .... ya go ahead and ask for your Mitchell.
It is factual that Grimes will not be better than Donovan. :lol:

It is factual that Grimes will not be better than Donovan. :lol:
Iight!

Is not something I'm about to debate or die on a hill. At the moment there's no question I would take D.Mitch 10/10.

Can't compare a 3 time all star to a dude that barely got playing time. LMAO

That’s not what I said but carry on.
I know what you said... who wouldn't be cool if they took those players and 4 portected from other teams and maybe 2 protected from ours, plus keep everything else.

I wouldn't mind either. But like I said no one wants Keels so that **** aint happening.

But **** i be happy to and I wouldnt ***** so much.

I just don’t want to give up RJ or get fleeced. That’s all. If we make a decent trade, cool. If we do nothing, cool. I’m satisfied with our off-season if it ended today.

genuinely curious to hear out the 2-3 year plans of people who are against trading for mitchell at all costs

there’s no premier free agents coming up

no other superstars that are forecasted to want out as it currently stands

none of our first round picks are going to be top 10

so what do you do?

genuinely curious to hear out the 2-3 year plans of people who are against trading for mitchell at all costs

there’s no premier free agents coming up

no other superstars that are forecasted to want out as it currently stands

none of our first round picks are going to be top 10

so what do you do?
Every year there are no allstars that want out and yet every year a superstar is out.

No one and I mean absolutely no one said no to Mitchell at no cost. However, some are saying if the cost is manageable then sure.

If we stay put and do nothing, we will have at least 3/4 years of picks to negotiate missing pieces or draft well.

If we get fleece for Mitchell let it be for the next 3 years worth of picks ... nothing more than 2025. Like that you can recoup in the 2026 draft while potentially moving Mitch / Mitch / Randle and Brunson.

But hey .... thata just me doing some ORM.

PS why you keep harping on the none of our picks are going to be top 10? Top 10 can be bust and outside top 10 can be good.

You're asking for 2 players to be our coner stone and they weren't top 10.

Last edited:
Every year there are no allstars that want out and yet every year a superstar is out.

No one and I mean absolutely no one said no to Mitchell at no cost. However, some are saying if the cost is manageable then sure.

If we stay put and do nothing, we will have at least 3/4 years of picks to negotiate missing pieces or draft well.

If we get fleece for Mitchell let it be for the next 3 years worth of picks ... nothing more than 2025. Like that you can recoup in the 2026 draft while potentially moving Mitch / Mitch / Randle and Brunson.

But hey .... thata just me doing some ORM.
there’s plenty of people out there that flat out don’t want mitchell regardless of the cost

i’ll give you your first point sure but what gives you any reason to believe we’ll be able to land a better star than mitchell with our assets as currently suggested?

everything about how the knicks have been ran the past decade almost should tell you that we don’t commit to full rebuilds, we don’t draft well, and we don’t develop young talent well

so the people crying out that we should stand pat and do all three is beyond out of touch to me

and again, assuming we’re a 6 seed at best with this team to middle of the pack play-in contender, NONE of these first round picks we have will be in any position that could hold leverage

you want to swing and draft a bunch of cleanthony earlys, frank ntilikinas, kevin knoxs, and obi toppins??? i know i sure as hell don’t

on top of all that, the protections on the picks we got from other teams don’t seem like they’ll actually be coming to us

there’s literally no better time to make a move like this than now where you can sell a team like utah who’s looking to rebuild on the unproven upside of younger players on top of picks that haven’t been set in stone yet

you keep talking about being worried over the next three years if utah guts us but i truly don’t understand what you’re so afraid of losing

outside of the obvious standouts in RJ, jericho, and grimes along with players that can’t be traded like brunson and mitch, this team is ***

but nah we need mitchell at all costs... hes a superstar give up the whole team who cares... some of yall man I can't lol

but nah we need mitchell at all costs... hes a superstar give up the whole team who cares... some of yall man I can't lol

What to become a 6th seed in the east? Celtics heat bucks 6ers and hawks are still better than us. And if they don’t gut the team the nets too.

If we actually entertain this BS I’m becoming a nets fan.

Majority aint bad.

Basically 5.

The way I see it ... 4 picks from other teams 1/2 1st unprotected (nothing more)

Give them a combination Duece/Cam - IQ/Cam and maybe get Pat back and Im on board.

You really didnt lose **** ....

Now if they want all 8 plus swaps and IQ/Grimes/Obi ... then **** nooo ....

That's my stance.

BTW. I do think

JB/Spida/RJ/Randle/Mitch

Rose/Pat/Grime/Obi/Isaiah

Is a team that can challenge Celtics/Milwaukee/Heat

Ya literally saying no to Mitchell when all jazz really want are picks, Highly doubt Knicks will give them RJ, and Obi.

Everyone else can go and ya saying no ?

We havent gotten **** since the melo era, how ya content with this current roster ? Its the same players with different names every year, same sharp shooter with a different name

same Rose that gets injured mid Jan

Having Mitchell might not make a huge diffrence, but he will certain make watching the Knicks more fun, and would actually make me want to go to the games

I would see

Brunson
Mitchell
RJ
Obi ( assuming randle in the trade )
Mitch

Probably the best starting 5 we had in recent years. We light years from being a championship team, but this starting 5 would give me something to root for.

the key truth that’s being lost on so many of y’all who are trying to hold onto as many draft picks as possible is that it’s way easier to acquire talent when you have a competitive team with bonafide stars on it than it is when you have zero stars and you’re swinging for a home run in the draft between picks 10-20

Back
Top Bottom