OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Listen at the end of the day Leon and RJ are under enormous pressured. If RJ regress, or the teams doea bad, you best believe people are coming from them. It would of have been such a Knick move to trade RJ and pick for Mitchell, after signing Brunson to 100m. Im glad it didn't go down ....

If Brunson was not signed, I wouldn't have been really mad at the idea, but still ...

It has always been a lose lose for the Knicks, Unless they win it all!

still strange that rj was a bargaining chip according to reports, then signed a day later while talk about grimes was kept at bay

front office deserves scrutiny (or maybe they were being slick, who knows)

still strange that rj was a bargaining chip according to reports, then signed a day later while talk about grimes was kept at bay

front office deserves scrutiny (or maybe they were being slick, who knows)
if the jazz refused any trade without RJ in the conversation then i think the front office should be applauded for not making an impulsive move

however, if there was avenues for the trade to take place without RJ in the mix, then they definitely should’ve got it done

Oh so is cool to support Leon now?

Oh ok.

Cavs got themselves a nice squad.

Kinda feels like all teams won the trade.

^ the cavs are in better position to get rid of guys while still acquiring donovan... meanwhile if we did the trade we wouldnt be as good... i think they shoulda counter offered 3 unprotected FRP, grimes and multiple pick swaps... but RJ and IQ and 3 unprotected FRP is excessive...the only guy of real value is sexton... those FRP and pick swaps are garbage compared to ours... how often are we in the lottery the last 2 decades so of course our picks are better...

1 Brunson / Rose
> Quickley
2 Grimes / Fournier
3 Barrett / Reddish
4 Randle / Toppin
5 Robinson / Sims

not a bad young core/rotation.

I just hope Grimes gets to start or get starters minutes and hopefully we actually get a look at Reddish in a bigger role.

finally having a point with Brunson’s ability will surely make games more enjoyable to watch.

if RJ can level up and raise those shooting percentages, which is in line with the work ethic and improvements we’ve already seen, we have an All-Star.

it all still falls on what thibs can do. And I don’t have a lot of faith based on what he did last yr with the rotations.

only move I would entertain is a Randle trade.

1662082010938.png

The only downside to this non-trade is the East getting stronger against us and considering we weren't good last year we have to hope we see real improvement out of the roster.

Semi tragic but the elation is strong. Idc, no one else has been close to him in the last 20.

Its not really a curse when we drafted a bunch of bums for the most part.

How many players we drafted that actually played at least a season with us had a good nba career? :nerd: Shump? Frye? Lee's career was cut semi-short.

Aint no stars.

Last edited:
Even if we did pull the trade for Mitchell, it would seem like we still wouldn't be getting out the first round if we made to playoffs. Mitchell, Brunson and Randle isnt strong enough to push us farther into the playoffs.

We should look into moving Fournier and Reddish. I'm also still not sold on Brunson.

Nene was good but we traded him for a washed McDyck as my friend’s dad called him. Man was he mad mostly because we have up camby.

Back
Top Bottom