Official Oakland Athletics 2012 Season Thread (94-68) AL WEST CHAMPIONS

"Wow" - Ray Fosse.

Thats all I can say, man. This is ridiculous. I'm NEARLY at a loss for words. I'd spend hours typing out all my thoughts/ideas/scenarios/reflections.

The Oakland Athletics are 2012 AL West CHAMPIONS. It's all icing on the cake from here.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Congrats to the homies that have stuck by this team year in and year out:
ReliantJ
bballplaya23
Th3RealF0lkBlu3s
ady2glude707
Eagle0N
Johnson1
smokey1212
zube42
urbano wears nikes
WearintheFourFive
grusumm18
Enjoy the hell out of it fellas!!! :pimp:

:smokin

I'll be at Game 1 of the ALDS or at least the first home game!

Congratulations, A's fans! You guys have such an improbable story, enjoy it.

John Smoltz just interviewed with Grant Napear not too long ago and said he picked Detroit over Oakland...and Detroit over everyone else in the AL for that matter. He thinks having to overcome the first two at Detroit will be too much, especially with Verlander on the hill for Game 1. We shall see...

Format for the ALDS this year is the lower seed gets the first 2 at home and then the higher seed gets the last 3 at home. Dumb *** ****, I know. :smh:

I honestly feel like this was the worst thing that could happen to us in terms of which AL teams we would have faced in the playoffs. Detroit scares me not only because of Verlander, but because I still remember 2006. Of course, both teams are very different from those two teams six years ago and our team has demonstrated some serious grit, but I still get that queazy feeling thinking about that ALCS.

I honestly feel like this was the worst thing that could happen to us in terms of which AL teams we would have faced in the playoffs. Detroit scares me not only because of Verlander, but because I still remember 2006. Of course, both teams are very different from those two teams six years ago and our team has demonstrated some serious grit, but I still get that queazy feeling thinking about that ALCS.

I know what you mean. I was on top of world when we finally got out of the divisional series, and then we go and get swept. The A's are proving everyone wrong, so why not continue to do so? :D Positivity.

Also, do you guys know when the times will be released for the ALDS. These games better be at night, otherwise I am going to have get rid of my tickets.

Can't believe the way we finished. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going, because we will need it against Verlander. :x

I have tickets to all the games but will have to go to Washington next week for work. :frown: :smh:

Anyways, it's going to take another amazing performance from everyone. It's going to be a very tough series, but I feel like we have been playing playoff baseball for the past month. :lol: I hope no one has settled on this team. They have exceeded everyones expectations, but this isn't what the goal is. I hope the kids are ready, cause I sure as hell am. :lol: :pimp:

Turns out I went to work today, blah. Glad I was able to catch parts on the radio. Shouts out to everyone who helped contribute to this thread. Well deserved payoff
pimp.gif

Hoping for a better outcome than the last time we faced Detroit in the playoffs. I was at game 2 of the ALCS in 2006, when Loaiza stunk up the joint. Gonna be tough, but I definitely believe in this team, and we're not done cooking yet.

That homer by Reddick was way more impressive to me. Ryan Sweeney never had balls fly off his bat like that, I think Reddick will end up being a great upgrade.

Johnny Gomes in a pinch hit roll might come up clutch later on in the season, some power off the bench.

Even if they don't win a bunch of games, this is the most exciting A's team in a long time.

I really hope Allen and/or Carter can find their his stride sooner than later, that'd be huge for this offense.

From 3/29/12 :pimp:

I mean, I predicted this from the start; we all did, right?:lol:

What more is there to say about these guys, they brought home a god damn pennant to the island of misfit toys. The entire baseball world has no choice but to tip their hats to this club. The walkoffs, the personalities, the rookies, the BERNIE; this team’s season has been scripted better than a movie.

This team traded/let go: Josh Willingham, Gio Gonzalez, Trevor Cahill, Andrew Bailey, and Kurt Suzuki

Scott Sizemore, Dallas Braden, and big FA signing Manny Ramirez NEVER saw the field.

Brett Anderson made a total of 6 starts at the end of the season, before getting injured in the last 2 weeks of the season.

Brian Fuentes, remember him? He was a big free agent signing before last year, and he was DFA’d around the trade deadline of this year. He contributed nothing this season.

Bartolo Colon, 50 game suspension leading up to the pennant race.

Brandon McCarthy, the unlikely ace who remained consistent the whole season, takes a liner to the dome in the last month of the season.

Inge played with serious shoulder injury, just to show that he was willing to give literally everything he had to this club, only to go to the DL with a little over a month to go.

A lot went wrong for a team with a $50 million payroll. 0 Chance they could go on to win anything. Everyone thought it at one point or another, even us. For that, I’d like to make some apologies…

Coco Crisp, I’m sorry. I’m sorry I called you “a scrub”. I’m sorry I said you “can’t hit, can’t get on base, and can’t throw”. Once you got through your nagging eye injuries, you were everything a leadoff man of a contending team should be, and a great leader as well.

Josh Donaldson, I’m sorry. I’m sorry I said you “had no business being on a major league field” and that you “shouldn’t be mad, UPS is hiring”. You came up and filled a gaping hole on this aching team, and contributed down the stretch more than nearly anyone.

Jerry Blevins, I’m sorry. You’ve been one of the best lefties out of a pen that has been riddled with injuries. God bless your skinny soul.

On a serious note, my prayers go out to Pat Neshek and his wife, who lost their son today merely 23 hours after he was born. I hope this team can pull even closer together, and help Pat through this harshest of times in his life.

In conclusion, Go A’s, and lets get ring #10. :pimp:

My heart goes out to the Neshek family. No one should have to go through that. :frown: |I

Well this sucks. I get out of work at 6 on Tuesday... the game starts at 6.

Also, when I heard about Neshek and his wife, I felt so bad. Really sad news.

9am?!?!!?? I hate this East Coast bias.

Last edited:
Nail bitter.. I kinda had a feeling Cook was gonna be wild before he came in.

Brett was amazing. The offense is going to have to breakout next game because I don't expect the same type of outing from Griffin. At least we live to see another day...

Back
Top Bottom