*** OFFICIAL ONLY BUILT 4 CUBAN LINX 2 THREAD ***

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Maybe Jay should rap it up then if he isn't in grind mode. I really can't relate to sailing on a yacht and all that.

If you can't aspire to "sail on a yacht" that you own, than you have bigger issues besides preference in rap.

Like Hate said, some people listen to music for different reasons.

Album is still classic though.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

laugh.gif
at people gettin offneded at what i said... in a nutshell... different strokes for different folks... im done hating on people (cept eminem)...

What's your issues with the album Time?

Originally Posted by zube42

laugh.gif
at people gettin offneded at what i said... in a nutshell... different strokes for different folks... im done hating on people (cept eminem)...

I don't see anyone that got offended, if you don't like it you don't like it, that's fine. Looks like you're alone in your judgment though.
i saw at least 2... but its all good... i didnt listen to the album... i heard one song... im just talkin bout the feel of the music...
I guess I see where you're coming from, like I know my cousin wouldn't enjoy listening to this as much as he would the Jayalbum. Jay's album is a more accessible commercial, pop, sounding album whereas this is on the dark, grimy side. I can't get into Blueprint 3 thoughand I tried a good 3 or 4 times.

laugh.gif
Basically. Aint nobody offended but it's like we know you couldn't be comparing this to BP3. Regardless of content Rae gave us an ALBUM.Jay not at all, no cohesive theme, no real direction except a few songs.

Originally Posted by FrankReynolds420

Damn, after listening, I should of listened to this to put me to bed last night. Boooooorrrrrinngggg
commandowrong.gif

Is this first dude to express distaste for the album after actually hearing the whole thing? I'd actually keep a estimated count of dudes claiming this iswhack/boring/trash/etc.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by FrankReynolds420

Damn, after listening, I should of listened to this to put me to bed last night. Boooooorrrrrinngggg
commandowrong.gif

Is this first dude to express distaste for the album after actually hearing the whole thing? I'd actually keep a estimated count of dudes claiming this is whack/boring/trash/etc.
Yeah he's the first, Time is potentially gonna be the 2nd.

i can totally understand someone not feelin this though, if you aint into that Wu sound you most likely will not be able to appreciate this album the same way

this album especially has stuck to the formula of the classic Wu solo albums, which are polarizing albums in their own right. Dudes need to stop preachin whatsgood and bad like they standing on the corner with a bible and a sign

I LOVE the Wu, but I feel like i've heard all these songs before...only they were much better before. Yall some nu age Wu lovers or something?

then what exactly were you expecting? isnt it called Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2? I was expecting music on the same playing field as the first OB4CL, or at leastthe newer Ghostface albums that are really good, and i think i got that.

I'll be waiting till 9/8 to cop and listen to for the first time. Based on some of the reviews in here, the album looks very promising, which is good tosee.

What IncredibleEv just said.

What were you expecting? If this album is boring what was the first OB4CL to you?

It was original. It's just worn out, i've heard them say all this before. Ghost is my favorite though. All his verses are always great. There is a fewtracks I like. Mostly the ones listed though. When I heard New Wu I was like
eek.gif
, but it didn't live up to the hype in my opinion. It's my opinion,yall don't have to agree. Edit: I've been in RnB mode all week, so I guess I kinda just skimmed through most of the tracks because I wanted to get backto my RnB so badly lol. Cold outside is getting a good listen right now

I have no words for this album... it's just... WOW... I don't like to use this word, but this %%+% right here is [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]epic[/color]. This %%+% is like a movie right here.

Did Pete Rock produce Sonny's Missing? Because he totally used that beat on his own album NY's Finest on the song Questions if so.

Did Pete Rock produce Sonny's Missing? Because he totally used that beat on his own album NY's Finest on the song Questions if so.
laugh.gif
Yea he did. Guess he felt when he used it for his shhh itaint count.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

laugh.gif
Yea he did. Guess he felt when he used it for his shhh it aint count.

Yea I was wondering about that when I heard it. If he produced the track originally for Rae maybe he decided to use it for himself after Rae's album gotpushed back so many times.

Back
Top Bottom