*** OFFICIAL ONLY BUILT 4 CUBAN LINX 2 THREAD ***

Originally Posted by dgk3188

i can't get over how ill the beat for Black Mozart is. lol @ dudes saying RZA fell off at producing.

i can understand why Raekwon was mad at RZA for 8 Diagrams now...i mean i like the experimentation that RZA went with on that album, but this is just some straight 90's Wu !%$$ with Black Mozart. Rae must've been mad at RZA cuz he knows his potential for making some raw !%$$.

Seriously..... I wish he had more tracks on this album...

Broken Safety is
eek.gif

^ I told you.
pimp.gif

This album might be responsible for bringing back that real street rap.

Maybe there is hope for rap in the 2010's.
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

^ I told you.
pimp.gif

This album might be responsible for bringing back that real street rap.

Maybe there is hope for rap in the 2010's.
glasses.gif
that's what i'm hoping. this just proves that quality music can still sell and create a buzz. i hope he gives all the rappers that put inREAL work some encouragement. we taking the game back baby!

Originally Posted by awwsome

Stop comparing it to BP3 two different types of albums, just appreciate OB4CL2 for what it is.
grin.gif

jay-z's whole style was born from da original cuban linx..what are you talkin about? they both rap albums...this just happens to be ALOT better...

Indeed. Jay-Z ain't really rapping like Jay-Z of old no more.

He been needed to drop the Jay-Z name and run with his 'Shawn Carter' alter ego since like Kingdome Come.

But thats my 2 pennys.

laugh.gif
kidjustice19 wrote:
��

i guess this was supposed to be on there as well.........
I�still listen to this song. Its on a old Kay Slay mixtape from�like 07.�

Hands down this is the album of the year. I know all those Drake and Joe Budden�groupies are upset right now.....
laugh.gif

��

yo i miss the old method man cuz he brought it back on his features on the album....reminded me how ill this cat was.......but i have to say new wu is myshiiiiiiieeeet!

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Stop comparing it to BP3 two different types of albums, just appreciate OB4CL2 for what it is.
grin.gif

jay-z's whole style was born from da original cuban linx..what are you talkin about? they both rap albums...this just happens to be ALOT better...
Jay's style is no where near cuban linx now, what are you talking about?
He's got a song with Mr.Hudson called Forever Young.
You can't just appreciate the music? theres no need to compare the album to anything besides Wu related work
BP3 =/= OB4CLII

grin.gif

You can't just appreciate the music? theres no need to compare the album to anything besides Wu related work
BP3 =/= OB4CLII
MusicCatalog%5CJ%5CJay-Z%20-%20Reasonable%20Doubt%5CJay-Z%20-%20Reasonable%20Doubt.jpg

indifferent.gif

I think its pretty obvious that quote was referring meant Jay nowadays. Yeah, he modeled Reasonable Doubt after that mafioso/gangster image, which was put inthe limelight by the heavy Scarface/mob/crime influences on the OG Cuban Linx. G Rap also had elements of this in his style and Nas tried it with It WasWritten. But Jay has moved on light years, be it for better or worse. Raekwon's style, while it may have changed at points, has return to its roots withCL2.

YES, You CAN compare Reasonable Doubt and Cuban Linx.... you CANNOT compare Blueprint 3 and Cuban Linx Pt 2. Jay makes mainstream rap, Raekwon still caters tothe underground, rap hiphop heads. Simple as that.

Aside from that, CL2 is the best rap album in years, in my opinion. It's exactly what I was waiting for. Every day I find something new I get stuck on.Right now I'm loving that organ on "Black Mozart", it's almost eerie. This is such a perfect night time/winter album.

What do you mean by that? What exactly should he be doing? The essence of Wu Tang is that hard, raw, underground %%@#, not some bubblegum radio *!%.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

grin.gif

BP3 =/= OB4CLII
MusicCatalog%5CJ%5CJay-Z%20-%20Reasonable%20Doubt%5CJay-Z%20-%20Reasonable%20Doubt.jpg

indifferent.gif

exactly...

Back
Top Bottom