*** OFFICIAL ONLY BUILT 4 CUBAN LINX 2 THREAD ***

wow have you guys seen what the original purple tape is going for nowadays?, 2 have sold for $150+ and theres one ebay at $100 with 2 days left. i dont knowif its cause of this release but i dont ever remember it selling for that much. but even at those prices i dont think i could ever get rid of mine.

Originally Posted by J1GOKU

wow have you guys seen what the original purple tape is going for nowadays?, 2 have sold for $150+ and theres one ebay at $100 with 2 days left. i dont know if its cause of this release but i dont ever remember it selling for that much. but even at those prices i dont think i could ever get rid of mine.
I will NEVER sell my purple tape. That's history b.

I left mine by this chick's crib back in the day and someone jacked HER for it.

I had moved on to cd's but STILL went back to cop a purple tape.

Still got Red's red cassette too.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

wow have you guys seen what the original purple tape is going for nowadays?, 2 have sold for $150+ and theres one ebay at $100 with 2 days left. i dont know if its cause of this release but i dont ever remember it selling for that much. but even at those prices i dont think i could ever get rid of mine.

pimp.gif
i got 2 copies of BDP's Criminal Minded on a Red cassette, one is still sealed.

pimp.gif
i got 2 copies of BDP's Criminal Minded on a Red cassette, one is still sealed.
look on ebay.. they got a purple tape right now going for $100+ and not BIN.. as an auction...
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Man, I can't lie... I'm feeling some type of way reading how some of you dudes are biggin this up.
laugh.gif

Not because I have something against Rae or the quality of OB4CL2 or anything like that.

But because it's like dudes are acting like they never heard this:

fishscale.jpg

I guess cuz my man had Ne-Yo on his album that heads is thinking he "sold out" and wasn't "grimey" enough.
ohwell.gif

I mean, cats is saying OB2 is the greatest album they heard in the past 10 years... it's bringing real hip-hop back... flawless... instant classic.... etc.

But I DEFINITELY remember reading similar praise for GFK when Fishscale dropped. So either dudes were over-rating Fishscale back then (and are similarly doing the same thing with OB4CL2) or dudes have a VERY short memory. Or maybe some of you have simply never heard Fishscale yet.

Imo, I feel as if FS can match up track for track with OB2 and more than hold it's own (FS is actually better to me). The production... the lyrics... etc, were TOP NOTCH.

1. Ghostface Killah - The Return Of Clyde Smith [Intro] (skit)
2. Ghostface Killah - Shakey Dog [produced by Lewis Parker]
3. Ghostface Killah ft. Raekwon - Kilos [produced by Moss]
4. Ghostface Killah - The Champ [produced by Just Blaze]
5. Ghostface Killah - Major Operation [Skit]
6. Ghostface Killah ft. Wu-Tang Clan, Cappadonna - Nine Milli Bros [produced by MF Doom]
7. Ghostface Killah - Beauty Jackson [produced by J Dilla]
8. Ghostface Killah - Heart Street Directions [Skit]
9. Ghostface Killah - Columbus Exchange/Crack Spot [produced by Crack Val]
10. Ghostface Killah ft. Raekwon - R.A.G.U. [Rae & Ghost United] [produced by Pete Rock]
11. Ghostface Killah - Bad Mouth Kid [Skit]
12. Ghostface Killah - Whip You With A Strap [produced by J Dilla]
13. Ghostface Killah ft. Ne-Yo - Back Like That [produced by X-Treme]
14. Ghostface Killah ft. Trife Da God - Be Easy [produced by Pete Rock]
15. Ghostface Killah ft. Trife Da God - Clipse Of Doom [produced by MF Doom]
16. Ghostface Killah ft. Cappadonna, Trife Da God, Shawn Wiggs - Jellyfish [produced by MF Doom]
17. Ghostface Killah ft. Raekwon,Sun God,Trife Da God,Cappadonna - Dogs Of War [produced by Pete Rock]
18. Ghostface Killah - Barbershop [produced by Studio Steve]
19. Ghostface Killah - Ms. Sweetwater [Skit]
20. Ghostface Killah - Big Girl [produced by Ghostface]
21. Ghostface Killah - Underwater [produced by MF Doom]
22. Ghostface Killah - The Ironman Takeover [Skit]
23. Ghostface Killah ft. Megan Rochell - Momma [produced by Sean C and LV]
24. Ghostface Killah ft. The Notorious B.I.G., Raekwon - 3 Bricks [produced by Cool and Dre]

For those who heard the album, which of those is a wack track?!?!

/end rant

And I know this is a Raekwon thread... not trying to thread-jack. But just trying to spark some interesting debate.

I agree 100%. I was hyped up for OB4CL II, maybe too hype. It has it's moments but after the initial listening my thoughts were, "It's a solideffort, but it's no Fishscale". Maybe I need to give it a few more spins before it grows on me as a complete album. Fishscale was one album that hadme hooked right from the beginning, on some ol' "the Wu is back" type %#&*.. joint is raw.

I'm about to rotate that OC album next week. Been a minute since I played it.

I just wanna bump nothing but OB4CL2 & Broad Street Bully this week.

i can't get over how ill the beat for Black Mozart is. lol @ dudes saying RZA fell off at producing.

i can understand why Raekwon was mad at RZA for 8 Diagrams now...i mean i like the experimentation that RZA went with on that album, but this is just somestraight 90's Wu !%$$ with Black Mozart. Rae must've been mad at RZA cuz he knows his potential for making some raw !%$$.

I just got off work. I drive a security truck.

When I got in the truck and started the engine the last dude that drove it before me (idk who) left his wack #$@ mixtape in & the volume blasting.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Since I had no Post-It Notes to leave my memo of dissatisfaction , I improvised.

laugh.gif

15n1407.jpg

Never heard that OC joint.
pimp.gif

And
roll.gif
@ CIDMAN911's improvisation.

I wish I was a fly in the truck when dude comes back and sees that.

Probably will have the
grin.gif
face.

this joint goes!!!! only thing ive been listenin to for a week now....with an occasional couple songs off of BP3
eyes.gif

OB4CL2 >>>>>>> BP3......easily

Finally bought my copy yesterday.. immediately proceeded to drive around for like an hour bumping the stuff.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by StroShow4

Finally bought my copy yesterday.. immediately proceeded to drive around for like an hour bumping the stuff.
smile.gif

Yes! I had to drive for like 1 hour yesterday between dropping people off and picking them up. I looked forward to the ride thanks to this cd.

Stop comparing it to BP3 two different types of albums, just appreciate OB4CL2 for what it is.

I know he wanted to move on from the old stuff but yo...

Not one remix from the OG purple tape?
ohwell.gif

A straight up remix of Rainy Dayz, Criminology, Incarcerated Scarfaces, Verbal Intercourse, ANY one of the classics....

That would've made my year.

I felt it was lacking on the commentary & skits. Rae, Ghosts' & RZA adlibs > *. This joint def had successful 'RAGU Returns' potentialall over it...

I'm not complaining though. He outdid himself with this joint, But I just wanted more of that 'Wu' feeling out of it.

Broken Safety is the definition of a 'Bump this too loud and expect the cops to pull up' Hood Classic right here...
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"$*#& saving Hip-Hop, We bringin' the streets back"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Criminology 2 was gonna be on it but he scratched it...
Its kinda weak anyway...
It's not all that, it sounds like some "We bored, lets make a mixtape cut" type joint but I can bump this.�
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom