*** OFFICIAL ONLY BUILT 4 CUBAN LINX 2 THREAD ***

This Album is damn near Perfect! The features where on point the production On point! Everything was on point! WOW!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by zube42

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

so nas actually declined? i thought they never hit him up about a feature
Rae's said in a couple interviews he tried to reach to Nas but they couldn't get on the same page with their schedules and all that.
Yeah this is what I meant. A flat out 'decline' i don't know about. But I mean Rae made it clear. Rae also made room for him (thinkdude said earlier in this thread)on Surgical Gloves
eek.gif
But I mean if youthink about it, we got 1990's Rae. May not have been 1990's Nas, so maybe its for the better.

Originally Posted by Gello 201

Originally Posted by zube42

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

so nas actually declined? i thought they never hit him up about a feature
Rae's said in a couple interviews he tried to reach to Nas but they couldn't get on the same page with their schedules and all that.
Yeah this is what I meant. A flat out 'decline' i don't know about. But I mean Rae made it clear. Rae also made room for him (think dude said earlier in this thread)on Surgical Gloves
eek.gif
But I mean if you think about it, we got 1990's Rae. May not have been 1990's Nas, so maybe its for the better.
I think Nas' woulda been on OB4CL2 if he didn't have that mess with Kelis to deal with.

Rae also mentioned that in one of his interviews as well.

Any of yall heard Flawless Crowns?
eek.gif
sick.gif

One of the illest Raekwon joints i ever heard, he shoulda definitely threw that on here.

Originally Posted by awwsome

Any of yall heard Flawless Crowns?
eek.gif
sick.gif

One of the illest Raekwon joints i ever heard, he shoulda definitely threw that on here.

yeah, that song came out a few years ago........ song is sick...

I been on hiatus but still ain't stop listening to this album....

this !*+$ is soothing in a world where hip pop runs !*+$ now....this is to refreshing from all the mainstream *#$%%%!* poppin...

I agree that this flows very nicely from OB4CL1 to 2...I think Zik said there was a minor drop off which I also noticed but once you get that out of the waythey flow beautifully...

this gentlemen and ladies is a masterpiece...and for anyone doubting Rae and saying he took to long I don't wanna hear this now...clean your ears get overthe fact this took forever to come out and give it a listen because this my friends is Hip Hop!!!!!

I will also say yes it did take a while for this to drop but the wait was well worth it...at least it ain't Detox
nerd.gif
roll.gif

I havent felt this way about an album since Untitled dropped.
Rae def kept it 100 with this.

1. "Return of the North Star" (feat. Popa Wu) BT 2:39 - Dope intro, words of wisdom from Papa Wu - Dopeintro, sets the tone, words of wisdom from Popa Wu
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

2. "House of Flying Daggers" (feat. Inspectah Deck, Ghostface Killah, Method Man) J Dilla 3:51 - At first when i heard thesong, i wasnt feelin it... ive been hyped for the song for like 4 years and was a little dissapointed when i first heard it... but it grew on me... not a bigfan of the chorus.... song is still
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

3. "Sonny's Missing" Pete Rock 2:28 -
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

4. "Pyrex Vision" Marley Marl 0:54 - Grimey
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

5. "Cold Outside" (feat. Ghostface Killah, Suga Bang) Icewater 4:40 - Probably my favorite song on the album, i'll beplaying this all winter
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

6. "Black Mozart" (feat. Inspectah Deck, RZA & Tash Mahogany) RZA 3:24 - this is such a cold beat.... RZA did his thing..chorus is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

7. "Gihad" (feat. Ghostface Killah) Necro 2:57 - i dont know why but i cant stop listening to this song.... it could be thebeat or the shot at joe, but its
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

8. "New Wu" (feat. Ghostface Killah, Method Man) RZA 3:50 - it felt like they slowed this track down since i first heard theradio rip when this song came out... either way its one of my favorite songs of the year....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

9. "Penitentiary" (feat. Ghostface Killah) BT 2:35 -
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

10. "Baggin Crack" Erick Sermon 1:58 -
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

11. "Surgical Gloves" The Alchemist 3:24 - beat is crazy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

12. "Broken Safety" (feat. Jadakiss, Styles P) Scram Jones 2:45 - i was a little skeptical when i saw that jada and stylez wereon here but song is dope
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

13. "Canal Street" Icewater 3:37 -
smh.gif
dissapointed with the beat
ohwell.gif

14. "Ason Jones" J Dilla 3:06 - i %*!@@+% love this beat..... great tribute to big baby jesus...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

15. "Have Mercy" (feat. Beanie Sigel, Blue Raspberry) Icewater 3:51 - wow, track is fire... brought it back to the 90'swith this
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

16. "10 Bricks" (feat. Cappadonna, Ghostface Killah) J Dilla 3:16 -
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
nasty
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

17. "Fat Lady Sings" RZA 2:17 - beat is sharp
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

18. "Catalina" (feat. Lyfe Jennings) Dr. Dre 3:28 -
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

19. "We Will Rob You" (feat. GZA, Masta Killa, Slick Rick) Allah Justice 3:15 - Corny chorus but outshined by 3 dope verses(GZA still got it) and a dope beat by GZA's son
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

20. "About Me" (feat. Busta Rhymes) Dr. Dre 3:59 - when i saw that busta was one the album, i imediatley thought the song wasgonna suck, but this is coo...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

21. "Mean Streets" (feat. Inspectah Deck, Ghostface Killah & Suga Bang) Allah Mathematics 4:29 - not a fan of the chorusbut good song overall..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

22. "Kiss the Ring" (feat. Inspectah Deck, Masta Killa) - Good way to end a great album
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

23. "Walk With Me" - Song is sick, too bad its not on the hard copy... get this song if you dontalready have it.....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Overall, great sequel to a classic album.... deck really shinned on this. i would have loved more RZA and Mathematics, and i was readingon wutang corp that this song was supposed to be on there

httphttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaOgsD7dFRA&feature=related//www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaOgsD7dFRA&feature=related

that would have been crazy....

Man, I can't lie... I'm feeling some type of way reading how some of you dudes are biggin this up.
laugh.gif

Not because I have something against Rae or the quality of OB4CL2 or anything like that.

But because it's like dudes are acting like they never heard this:

fishscale.jpg

I guess cuz my man had Ne-Yo on his album that heads is thinking he "sold out" and wasn't "grimey" enough.
ohwell.gif

I mean, cats is saying OB2 is the greatest album they heard in the past 10 years... it's bringing real hip-hop back... flawless... instant classic.... etc.

But I DEFINITELY remember reading similar praise for GFK when Fishscale dropped. So either dudes were over-rating Fishscale back then (and are similarly doingthe same thing with OB4CL2) or dudes have a VERY short memory. Or maybe some of you have simply never heard Fishscale yet.

Imo, I feel as if FS can match up track for track with OB2 and more than hold it's own (FS is actually better to me). The production... the lyrics... etc,were TOP NOTCH.

1. Ghostface Killah - The Return Of Clyde Smith [Intro] (skit)
2. Ghostface Killah - Shakey Dog [produced by Lewis Parker]
3. Ghostface Killah ft. Raekwon - Kilos [produced by Moss]
4. Ghostface Killah - The Champ [produced by Just Blaze]
5. Ghostface Killah - Major Operation [Skit]
6. Ghostface Killah ft. Wu-Tang Clan, Cappadonna - Nine Milli Bros [produced by MF Doom]
7. Ghostface Killah - Beauty Jackson [produced by J Dilla]
8. Ghostface Killah - Heart Street Directions [Skit]
9. Ghostface Killah - Columbus Exchange/Crack Spot [produced by Crack Val]
10. Ghostface Killah ft. Raekwon - R.A.G.U. [Rae & Ghost United] [produced by Pete Rock]
11. Ghostface Killah - Bad Mouth Kid [Skit]
12. Ghostface Killah - Whip You With A Strap [produced by J Dilla]
13. Ghostface Killah ft. Ne-Yo - Back Like That [produced by X-Treme]
14. Ghostface Killah ft. Trife Da God - Be Easy [produced by Pete Rock]
15. Ghostface Killah ft. Trife Da God - Clipse Of Doom [produced by MF Doom]
16. Ghostface Killah ft. Cappadonna, Trife Da God, Shawn Wiggs - Jellyfish [produced by MF Doom]
17. Ghostface Killah ft. Raekwon,Sun God,Trife Da God,Cappadonna - Dogs Of War [produced by Pete Rock]
18. Ghostface Killah - Barbershop [produced by Studio Steve]
19. Ghostface Killah - Ms. Sweetwater [Skit]
20. Ghostface Killah - Big Girl [produced by Ghostface]
21. Ghostface Killah - Underwater [produced by MF Doom]
22. Ghostface Killah - The Ironman Takeover [Skit]
23. Ghostface Killah ft. Megan Rochell - Momma [produced by Sean C and LV]
24. Ghostface Killah ft. The Notorious B.I.G., Raekwon - 3 Bricks [produced by Cool and Dre]

For those who heard the album, which of those is a wack track?!?!

/end rant

And I know this is a Raekwon thread... not trying to thread-jack. But just trying to spark some interesting debate.

the album doesn't have that cinematic feel that the original had....but i'm still feeling it. need to give it a couple more spins to give my opinion onit though

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Man, I can't lie... I'm feeling some type of way reading how some of you dudes are biggin this up.
laugh.gif

Not because I have something against Rae or the quality of OB4CL2 or anything like that.

But because it's like dudes are acting like they never heard this:

fishscale.jpg

I guess cuz my man had Ne-Yo on his album that heads is thinking he "sold out" and wasn't "grimey" enough.
ohwell.gif

I mean, cats is saying OB2 is the greatest album they heard in the past 10 years... it's bringing real hip-hop back... flawless... instant classic.... etc.

But I DEFINITELY remember reading similar praise for GFK when Fishscale dropped. So either dudes were over-rating Fishscale back then (and are similarly doing the same thing with OB4CL2) or dudes have a VERY short memory. Or maybe some of you have simply never heard Fishscale yet.

Imo, I feel as if FS can match up track for track with OB2 and more than hold it's own (FS is actually better to me). The production... the lyrics... etc, were TOP NOTCH.

1. Ghostface Killah - The Return Of Clyde Smith [Intro] (skit)
2. Ghostface Killah - Shakey Dog [produced by Lewis Parker]
3. Ghostface Killah ft. Raekwon - Kilos [produced by Moss]
4. Ghostface Killah - The Champ [produced by Just Blaze]
5. Ghostface Killah - Major Operation [Skit]
6. Ghostface Killah ft. Wu-Tang Clan, Cappadonna - Nine Milli Bros [produced by MF Doom]
7. Ghostface Killah - Beauty Jackson [produced by J Dilla]
8. Ghostface Killah - Heart Street Directions [Skit]
9. Ghostface Killah - Columbus Exchange/Crack Spot [produced by Crack Val]
10. Ghostface Killah ft. Raekwon - R.A.G.U. [Rae & Ghost United] [produced by Pete Rock]
11. Ghostface Killah - Bad Mouth Kid [Skit]
12. Ghostface Killah - Whip You With A Strap [produced by J Dilla]
13. Ghostface Killah ft. Ne-Yo - Back Like That [produced by X-Treme]
14. Ghostface Killah ft. Trife Da God - Be Easy [produced by Pete Rock]
15. Ghostface Killah ft. Trife Da God - Clipse Of Doom [produced by MF Doom]
16. Ghostface Killah ft. Cappadonna, Trife Da God, Shawn Wiggs - Jellyfish [produced by MF Doom]
17. Ghostface Killah ft. Raekwon,Sun God,Trife Da God,Cappadonna - Dogs Of War [produced by Pete Rock]
18. Ghostface Killah - Barbershop [produced by Studio Steve]
19. Ghostface Killah - Ms. Sweetwater [Skit]
20. Ghostface Killah - Big Girl [produced by Ghostface]
21. Ghostface Killah - Underwater [produced by MF Doom]
22. Ghostface Killah - The Ironman Takeover [Skit]
23. Ghostface Killah ft. Megan Rochell - Momma [produced by Sean C and LV]
24. Ghostface Killah ft. The Notorious B.I.G., Raekwon - 3 Bricks [produced by Cool and Dre]

For those who heard the album, which of those is a wack track?!?!

/end rant

And I know this is a Raekwon thread... not trying to thread-jack. But just trying to spark some interesting debate.
famz what are you talkin about...we big up ghostface killah up in this music forum ALL da damn time....from having da best solo catalog, to justbein that ill ninja wit da mask back in

da 36 chamber days....

you wanna talk about classic wutang albums thats been snubbed from its proper glory?

5605-no-said-date.jpg

u-god_front.jpg

FRONT_COVER.jpg

1. Train Trussle (feat. Ghostface Killah & Scotty Wotty) [prod by Teddy Ted & J. Serbe]
  2. God Is Love (feat. Cappadonna & Killah Priest) [prod by Teddy Ted & J. Serbe]
  3. Stomp Da Roach (feat. GZA & Scotty Wotty) [prod by Teddy Ted & J. Serbe]
  4. Lipton (feat. Mike Ladd) [prod by 4th Pyramid]
  5. Coke (feat. Raekwon & Slaine) [prod by Da Beathoven]
  6. Magnum Force (feat. Jim Jones & Sheek Louch) [prod by Hakim]
  7. Hips [prod by The Twilite Tone]
  8. Wu-Tang (feat. Method Man) [prod by Andre Clarke]
  9. Dopium [prod by Teddy Ted & J. Serbe]
  10. Rims Pokin' Out (feat. Leatha Face) [prod by The Twilite Tone]
  11. New Classic [prod by Large Professor]
  12. Stomp Da Roach (Remix) (feat. GZA & Scotty Wotty) [prod by The Bloody Beetroots]
  13. Dopium (Remix) [prod by Yuksek]
  14. Hips (Remix) [prod by Felix Cartel]

I know what dude up there is tryin' to get at...

I think we do take Ghostface for granted. He hasn't disappointed, but, I feel he can go harder at the same time. If that makes sense.

And Masta Killa's "Queen" is the most overlooked/underrated Wu member track ever made.

MK's album is so overlooked its sad.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

"Relax and get ya facts right
You know we only get cash in the fast life
Living, giving my all i give it back right?
We die? we die together this the last night"

Walk With Me is epic.

pimp.gif

"Last thing i heard, the _ grandma was in Argentina"
roll.gif

To comment on FISHSCALE, I don't know why, and I'm a bigger Ghostface fan than any of the clan members, but I wasn't feeling this album too tough.

It was cool, but one thing that bugged me was I had heard a few of those beats before they made the album and to me, some of the flows just sounded off on it.

I know I'm gonna get flamed, but this track damn near ruined the album for me...

Gotta be honest, purchased Blueprint III and 'acquired' man on the moon same day as OB4CLII and i havent even listened to them through all the way yet. Im hooked! However i dunno what i did to Rae, but why didnt he include GZA's added verse on House f Flying Daggers, and the two bonus tracks?! Why Rae,why?!
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom