OFFICIAL: ORLANDO MAGIC (3) @ TORONTO RAPTORS (6) - GAME 3 - 7:30PM - The Score/NBA TV

yea ive never really watched the raptors play before this series but does calderon always play with that much swag on the court? i cant front dude's prettynice.

The ACC was LIVE as hell! I wish I had tix for game 4 as well.

"HOWWWARRDDDD..HOWWWWWAARRRDDD"

The hell were they chanting Howards name for?

That was just ******ed.

The entire team can't stop the guy.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

The ACC was LIVE as hell! I wish I had tix for game 4 as well.

"HOWWWARRDDDD..HOWWWWWAARRRDDD"

is that what yall were saying? i was wondering what it was when he went to the line
laugh.gif

It's been horrible officiating all series with bad calls/no-calls both ways. I don't know why you guys are complaining so much now, there were off.fouls and flopping both ways, quit making excuses.

Anyways, great game tonight, the ACC was NUTS, just the hostile environment we needed. All the taunting of Dwight was just out of fun to get inside his head,anything to give us an edge. Some people actually started to chant "F*** You Turkoglu"
laugh.gif
. And the crowding around the Raptors TV broadcast post-game was wild as alwayshaha. Too bad I can't make it to Game 4, stupid exams
mad.gif

I will agree that officiating has never been fair this series...

I think it goes with the home crowd advantage. I think we had a few calls go our way today, while in Orlando a few calls went against us that werequestionable.

I agree with StrongMind, I would love to see these players actually determine the outcome. These teams are close enough to be able to decide themselves; hencewithout some questionable calls.

So refs, do your thing on Saturday, and then after that, let the players decide
laugh.gif

LMFAO @ asking why we would taunt D12 by chanting HOOOWAAARDDD when he's at the line or gets a foul.

Maybe we should start cheering for the Magic game 4

Found a video of it from another fan:

The video doesn't even do justice how loud and in sync the fans were and how frustrated D12 looked.� EVERYONE was chanting it and the arena was justshaking.� The Magic bench looked like they didn't even know what the hell was going on, their faces were priceless.

^ I just don't understand why you would want someone's name?

You don't see Wash. chanting "LeBron, LeeeeBron"

We chant Hedo's name at Amway, chanting a name isn't a distraction, it's a motivator.

It's the manner, tone and timing of the chanting that classifies it as TAUNTING and it worked.

Are we seriously explaining this concept to you?

^
laugh.gif

Heckling at its finest. Dudes probably never been to a baseball game, cause when I'm left side foul pole, I'm calling that fielders name out.

F*** You Turkoglu

roll.gif

I want to hear that on TV, crowd must be wreckless.

Yes, you were explaining it to me, because it's ******ed.

"Oh, we don't like you, we'll chant your name."
indifferent.gif

You didnt see Knick fans chanting "Reg-gie, Reg-gie."

It's stupid.

Someone that watched the game break down the defense on Howard. What did the Raptors do?

Howard finished with 5 fouls, 6 turnovers, 19 points, and 12 boards. It's a decent line, but 13 of the points and 5 of the boards all came in the firstquarter. After that Howard was rather muted in his production.

Also, Howard was 3-8 from the line. The fans do matter. Nice work Raptor fans.

laugh.gif
@ those cannucks shutting up once Howard hit the free throw. TheRaptors can't beat the Magic 4 times in 7 games, case closed. Expect to see Howard do a 30/20 game on Saturday.
pimp.gif

You serious sayin the Magic got preferential officiating in Orlando? HAAHHAHA
U seen at the end of game 2? TJ ford grabs Jameer's jersey on the inbound and they don't call %!%+, then Calderon flops on the other end and they calloffensive foul.
Yo foreal, I got 0 respect for Chris Bosh and the Raptors. Usually when teams beat us (i.e. Detroit) I gain respect for them, but these guys gotta be thesoftest team in the NBA. They flop on every play, especially Bosh...sometimes I feel embarrassing for this dude. Game 1 he comes running at Howard and flopsand falls over himself like he's possessed, and they call a traveling on him cause they realized he was being an idiot.
laugh.gif
then last nite he flops likeJameer Nelson gonna run over him...dude is a joke foreal, he gets shut down by Rashard Lewis and flops on every play...
Raptors are full of foreigners and Euros actin like they takin dives in soccer, playin like Cristiano Ronaldo out there...oh ya I'm Mad...

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

Yes, you were explaining it to me, because it's ******ed.

"Oh, we don't like you, we'll chant your name."
indifferent.gif

You didnt see Knick fans chanting "Reg-gie, Reg-gie."

It's stupid.

It would've been stupid if he went perfect from the stripe, which clearly wasn't the case. He didn't even shoot his series average of 70%+either. I thought you'd be happy that the fans were chanting his name because it such a motivator so why call it stupid. You should encourage it.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by chikickz

Someone that watched the game break down the defense on Howard. What did the Raptors do?

Howard finished with 5 fouls, 6 turnovers, 19 points, and 12 boards. It's a decent line, but 13 of the points and 5 of the boards all came in the first quarter. After that Howard was rather muted in his production.

Also, Howard was 3-8 from the line. The fans do matter. Nice work Raptor fans.
The turnovers were the key on D. I think that Dwight will always get his, but the only way to nulify that is to force him to turn the ball over.
What we did was as soon as Dwight got the ball, a Magic player would cut baseline/through the key, thus leaving someone to double Howard. As soon as we got agood chance, we had a big guard (Parker, Delfino) to come over and double, and force Dwight to make a bad decision. Least to say, it worked. I think that isthe only way you can play the game against him. Everybody knows he is going to get 20/10, at least (or in this series, 30/20). But the only way you can nulifyhis impact is by forcing him to turn the ball over.

To dumb it up tho, Raptors, after the first quarter, sent double's his way every time he got the ball.

im sorry, but the raptors were winning this game regardless of the flops. what can raptor fans really say? we know we have a soft team, but it's not likewe're the only team that flops. again, the magic were not going to win this game, i still think they're gonna win the series, but cmon now magic fans.you lost, quit crying about the officials and move onto game 4. did you really expect to sweep us?

edit

im not your guy, pal
meh im not your pal buddy.

i knew this guy was gonna respond with that
laugh.gif

What we did was as soon as Dwight got the ball, a Magic player would cut baseline/through the key, thus leaving someone to double Howard. As soon as we got a good chance, we had a big guard (Parker, Delfino) to come over and double, and force Dwight to make a bad decision. Least to say, it worked. I think that is the only way you can play the game against him. Everybody knows he is going to get 20/10, at least (or in this series, 30/20).

Where on the court was Howard receiving the ball when the double teams would come? Was this high post-elbow territory or on the low block?

I know the scouting reports say make Howard hold the ball longer than he wants to. You do it with double teams and forcing his open view away from histeammates as they rotate on the baseline to go camp on the perimeter. SVG tells Howard to catch the ball and start making moves right away.

Did the double teams lead to offensive fouls from Howard? Because on those doubles at the high post if you just hold your ground his pivot rotation is going toknock defenders over for a charge.

Back
Top Bottom