Official OVO x JB Thread

Are the hopes of any kind a restock gone for these, you think? Not going to lie, every time I see talks about OVOs, hear drakes on the radio, or see him on SNL... I get pretty irritated. *Queue Arthur Fist Meme* Not going to lie I had OVO website up ever since the release, up until the took it down, hoping I would get lucky.....strike 3. 

Are the hopes of any kind a restock gone for these, you think? Not going to lie, every time I see talks about OVOs, hear drakes on the radio, or see him on SNL... I get pretty irritated. *Queue Arthur Fist Meme* Not going to lie I had OVO website up ever since the release, up until the took it down, hoping I would get lucky.....strike 3. 

The resale prices are probably as low as they are going to be so you should get a pair now.
If you're lucky enough to get a pair for retail from a restock you can always sell the pair. for close to what you paid.

Either way, you have a very nice, desirable shoe.

The resale prices are probably as low as they are going to be so you should get a pair now.
If you're lucky enough to get a pair for retail from a restock you can always sell the pair. for close to what you paid.

Either way, you have a very nice, desirable shoe.
Yeah true.... But, in the decade I've been into collecting (not selling) sneakers, I never paid more than retail. Oh, where have the times gone?! lol But, yeah, in my size I did see some dropping in the ~500.... Maybe I'll catch someone in desperate need of money to pay bills and catch something lower and closer to retail. lol These were my shoe of the year (so far) but I'm not desperate enough to pay the taxed rate yet. Thanks for the thought though! 

Yeah true.... But, in the decade I've been into collecting (not selling) sneakers, I never paid more than retail. Oh, where have the times gone?! lol But, yeah, in my size I did see some dropping in the ~500.... Maybe I'll catch someone in desperate need of money to pay bills and catch something lower and closer to retail. lol These were my shoe of the year (so far) but I'm not desperate enough to pay the taxed rate yet. Thanks for the thought though! 

That's a great strategy you have. I'm sure it takes some discipline not to pull the trigger and pay over resale.
I've paid over retail numerous times and a few times I have regretted it.
I mostly pay over retail when I know I'm not going to get something or I just don't have the time to keep looking out for restock.

Good luck, sure hope you find a pair for retail or a really good price.

Prices definitely aren't consistent, stockx just sold a handful for $800+ and most consignment shops are charging $750+, eBay also seems to be higher then places like GOAT. So definitely this $500ish mark isn't the norm. Like some have said, I think prices are at its lowest now and will only go up later. I don't see these go for too low simply because it's a jordan 12 and were very limited. I think some ppl try too hard to pay closer to retail (nothing wrong wit that) and then at some point the shoes become out of reach and stay at $700-800+ consistently and that $500-600 price will start to look like a steal lol. Just look at the white ones, can't get them for a good price anymore and I regret passing on those when it was still reasonable. I personally like the black pair better but need the white to complete set

I think it's like most shoes, the deals are early when the ppl looking to get rid of their pairs for a quick come up sell off fast and then what's left later is the ppl who hold onto shoes for max value and that becomes the market value in the long run. The $500ish pairs would be the quick sellers which I think would be a deal currently.

Last edited:
75% of the collection is mine! 
nthat.gif
 Hopefully I'll be all caught up before the next drop (the 8s maybe?)

Doubled up for 530 from facebook group. I figured why not? Struck out on the yzy, so why not pay a little more for something that looks better than paying nearly 2k for a runner.

That's a great strategy you have. I'm sure it takes some discipline not to pull the trigger and pay over resale.
I've paid over retail numerous times and a few times I have regretted it.
I mostly pay over retail when I know I'm not going to get something or I just don't have the time to keep looking out for restock.

Good luck, sure hope you find a pair for retail or a really good price.
Yeah, for me, it's not that hard to say no on resale, I just look at my bills and student loans lol.... 

But on the flip side, it's my poison not to say no to sneakers (at retail) lol. oh, the struggle....

Last edited:
damn, want the white and black pair as a set..the resale price is 1295 for both pairs...but dang that's a lot to pay for 2 pairs of sneakers..

Back
Top Bottom