No. 3 Washington State vs. No. 6 Oregon, 6 p.m. FSN
No. 2 Stanford vs. winner of 7/10, 8:30 p.m. FSN

Fri., Mar. 14
Semifinal #1, 6 p.m. FSN
Semifinal #2, 8:30 p.m. FSN
Sat., Mar. 15
Pacific Life Pac-10 Tournament Championship, 3 p.m. CBS

staples_center.jpg

it'll be interesting to see how arizona state, oregon, and arizona perform.. the 2nd round match up ASU vs. USC is going to be a good one
pimp.gif

go trojans
pimp.gif

come on cal...this is ur only chance!
happy.gif

frown.gif

I expect Oregon/ASU to win it...actually, i'll go with Stanford. A team that has more to prove will win it

I hate those Oregon joints where you can't even see the word 'Oregon'

But anyway, I'm cheering for USC and Arizona (O.J. Mayo, Taj Gibson, Jerryd Bayless FTW)

Why is this tourny only held in Staples?
It should rotate so the five regions of the PAC-10 get equal representation.
Wouldn't it be better if the following five arenas get it on a rotation:

Staples Center (USC & UCLA)
US Airways Center (Arizona & ASU)
Key Arena (Washington & Wazzu)
Rose Garden (Oregon & OSU)
Oracle Arena or San Jose HP Arena (Stanford / Cal)

Originally Posted by The Sports Expert

Because FSN has naked pictures of Tom Hansen. It's an absolute joke that tourney can't move around. It makes sense in conferences like the ACC orBig East, where teams are relatively closer together, but to keep it in Los Angeles is just ridiculous. Hansen has a hard-on for Los Angeles teams in general.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by The Sports Expert

Because FSN has naked pictures of Tom Hansen. It's an absolute joke that tourney can't move around. It makes sense in conferences like the ACC or Big East, where teams are relatively closer together, but to keep it in Los Angeles is just ridiculous. Hansen has a hard-on for Los Angeles teams in general.

Why did Hansen sign that dumb FSN contract in the first place? Their production is so shoddy, and I don't think they even broadcast in HD.

Hansen is a piece of $!%*... if we signed with ESPN that would be officially the end of the East Coast Bias

no it woudnt of. look what time pac-10 games come on, we would be throwing on ESPN 2 like WCC games.

the idea of changing loactions is a good one. but they put it in LA cause of the big city. im all for moving it around tho

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Oregon State FTW,
laugh.gif

Haha I came in here just to say that. They'll turn that 0-18 conference record into an automatic bid to the NCAA Tourney
pimp.gif

For real though, I got Stanford taking it. No more getting screwed against UCLA.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Oregon State FTW,
laugh.gif

Haha I came in here just to say that. They'll turn that 0-18 conference record into an automatic bid to the NCAA Tourney
pimp.gif

For real though, I got Stanford taking it. No more getting screwed against UCLA.
This will be an interesting tourny.
UCLA obviously is the front-runner. Stanford has a chance. Oregon has an outside chance if they can hit the 3 ball like they did in the second half againstArizona on Saturday night. And Arizona is a dark horse. Now that Bayless and Wise are healthy, and the coaching situation for next year is settled, all theoutside distractions are gone. They have a talented squad and could come out and play to their potential.
Outside of those four, I don't see anyone else really having a shot at this thing.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

You don't think USC does??

When they are on their game, they are tough

Something about that team just bothers me. When I watch them I don't get the sense that they really play much as a team. It's like Mayo's out therefor himself and nobody else really matters. They're kind of like watching the Lakers of 2004-05 to 06-07.

zona bum *!@ ant going to do *#$+.

as long as gibson plays like he did on saturday USC can be legit.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

zona bum *!@ ant going to do *#$+.

There's an insightful analysis.
roll.gif

Like I said, they're a dark horse. I don't think that Kevin O'Neill is really a good fit for that team, but now that they know that LuteOlson's going to be back next year they might just go out and play their style of ball instead of the slower paced game that O'Neill preaches. Theirplayers are better suited to a running style and O'Neill's gameplan hasn't really been successful this season - not to mention the Wise and Baylessinjuries.

why would olson coming back next year change this teams mind set for this weeks game? the way this team has played all season no way in hell would i have faithin them putting togther 4 all around good games of ball to win it all.

and Nice to have you back
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

why would olson coming back next year change this teams mind set for this weeks game? the way this team has played all season no way in hell would i have faith in them putting togther 4 all around good games of ball to win it all.

I just said they're a dark horse. I don't think they have much of a chance. UCLA will probably not really be challenged.
and Nice to have you back
eek.gif
laugh.gif

???

Back
Top Bottom