eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

oh no....

same thing i was thinking
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

no it woudnt of. look what time pac-10 games come on
Put them on at 7 pm pacific like usual and thats not too bad at all.

Also... having them on ESPN Saturdays would also help gain the exposure we want.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

most time all the good weekend games are on ABC or CBS for the pac-10
But that's only once a week. The national audience is missing out on all the good Thursday night games.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

most time all the good weekend games are on ABC or CBS for the pac-10

I think the Pac-10 had maybe two or three conference games on a network other than FSN this season.

And USC can win it as long as they don't have to play WSU. Talk about having their number. OJ Mayo went home with images of Kyle Weaver dancing in hishead.

I already know its zodogg because he was crying like a baby last year when it was at staples. why would they play anywhere else? why play in a college arenalike some scrub conference? the second best arena in the world and you'd rather play somewhere else?????? blame fsn. not the stadium.

And Arizona is a dark horse. Now that Bayless and Wise are healthy, and the coaching situation for next year is settled, all the outside distractions are gone.
Ya but their coach this year still isnt gone and he's half the problem. He doesnt know how to coach properly in big time games or even reggames that go down to the wire.

I expect them to make it past OSU, but dont forget that marcel jones said that they wouldnt go 0-18 in the pac 10 now i forget if that was in ref to the regseason or not but beating uofgay would make them 1-18 and wouldnt it be nice for the sr to hold up his end of the bargin and be fitting to the uofgay seasonthats been an up and down team. (0-2 against the devils
pimp.gif
). if baylessgoes cold though i dont see anyone stepping up...because no one really has chase doesnt put up the numbers like he did last year. it shall be interesting

they wont get by stanford. my .02$

that uss/asu game is the best game of the tourney as of right now...it could go either way..im pulling for my devs ftw. harden needs to be money from outside,jeff p needs to be stroken the mid range and have his rebs. either way you look at it asu is taking a huge step in the right direction from where they werelast year..IF they dont win but make its a close game i think they still have a shot at making it into the dance, but depending how the rest of the nation doeswho knows but as a devil im praying...
20060727133900praying_devil.jpg

GO DEVILS

ASU_Sparky_mascot_with_cheerleaders.jpg

394880.jpg

Originally Posted by Ronald0

I already know its zodogg because he was crying like a baby last year when it was at staples. why would they play anywhere else? why play in a college arena like some scrub conference? the second best arena in the world and you'd rather play somewhere else?????? blame fsn. not the stadium.

We're not talking about playing it in college arenas. Play it in NBA arenas in regional locations (Phoenix, Seattle, Portland, Bay Area, LA). How hardis that?

USC VS ASU game should be a very good game..and jesus christ, Oregon always come up with the craziest jerseys..

i love the month of march because of all the crazyness that happens at college ball games..

that usc/asu game is the best game of the tourney as of right now...it could go either way..im pulling for my devs ftw. harden needs to be money from outside, jeff p needs to be stroken the mid range and have his rebs. either way you look at it asu is taking a huge step in the right direction from where they were last year..IF they dont win but make its a close game i think they still have a shot at making it into the dance, but depending how the rest of the nation does who knows but as a devil im praying...
You already know
pimp.gif

Something about that team just bothers me. When I watch them I don't get the sense that they really play much as a team. It's like Mayo's out there for himself and nobody else really matters. They're kind of like watching the Lakers of 2004-05 to 06-07.
"The Sports Expert" -
wink.gif

I guess a lot of people still have the non conference game outlook on USC. The team came together during conference play, and OJ began distributing to histeammates.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I guess a lot of people still have the non conference game outlook on USC. The team came together during conference play, and OJ began distributing to his teammates.
Mayo had the same APG avg in conference play as MAARTY LEUNEN.
I wouldn't call that a "distributor"

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I already know its zodogg because he was crying like a baby last year when it was at staples. why would they play anywhere else? why play in a college arena like some scrub conference? the second best arena in the world and you'd rather play somewhere else?????? blame fsn. not the stadium.

We're not talking about playing it in college arenas. Play it in NBA arenas in regional locations (Phoenix, Seattle, Portland, Bay Area, LA). How hard is that?

I really dont see the need in changing venues every year.

We're not talking about playing it in college arenas. Play it in NBA arenas in regional locations (Phoenix, Seattle, Portland, Bay Area, LA). How hard is that?

To make it fair for fans of all the teams. It's not like they want to rotate it between each school. There are five distinct regions in the conferenceand it'd be great for fans to get to go to the one in their own backyard every five years instead of having to go to LA every year. The schools are spreadout far enough that it'd be nice to change it up and not give just USC and UCLA extra home games every year. It just makes sense.

To make it fair for fans of all the teams. It's not like they want to rotate it between each school. There are five distinct regions in the conference and it'd be great for fans to get to go to the one in their own backyard every five years instead of having to go to LA every year. The schools are spread out far enough that it'd be nice to change it up and not give just USC and UCLA extra home games every year. It just makes sense.
Not to mention the fact that it would make them more money.
Arizona, Oregon, Stanford, and even OSU - as bad as they are - have fans that really support their teams.
UCLA has some dedicated fans, but overall USC's fans don't really care about basketball in the same sense as football.
If the conference tournament is only in, say, Portland - every five years, don't you think that those die-hard Ducks & Beavers fans would make it apoint to go? As opposed to the USC fans that think "eh, no big deal...I went last year"
And in case you haven't noticed - the tickets haven't exactly sold out in the years they've had it at Staples. I think the Sparks draw more fansthan those games.

Why is this tourny only held in Staples?

First thing I was gonna say here. Not exactly fair to the other schools outside of SoCal.
but they put it in LA cause of the big city
You make it sound like the other regions are the boonies
eyes.gif
. Anywhere they would have the tournament, it would garner just as much attention from fans.

Originally Posted by The Sports Expert

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I guess a lot of people still have the non conference game outlook on USC. The team came together during conference play, and OJ began distributing to his teammates.
Mayo had the same APG avg in conference play as MAARTY LEUNEN.
I wouldn't call that a "distributor"

Wow, i guess you look at STATS rather than the game because if you watched the games you will see pretty of good assists that Mayo don't get credit forbecause his teammates are either missing the shot or missing the shot than going to the feet throw line. Watch the USC offense and you notice that OJ Mayo isnot selfish, he might take a few questionable shots here and there but what player that is there team's top option doesn't.

ehhh you guys are being way over critical.

but overall USC's fans don't really care about basketball in the same sense as football.
you dont speak for us
indifferent.gif

After watching the Pac-10 tourney and regular season games for years, I can make comments on who shows up to games. The tourney needs some new life, andmoving it around would guarantee an increase in attendance and popularity. Similar to what was said before, if it moved, people would make a point to go to itwhen it's in their region. Aside from the LA folks who aren't attending because it's there every year, think of how many fans from the 8 otherschools don't attend because they "went last year." I mean, I like LA. And people from other teams might be inclined to travel to differentcities rather than have to trek to LA every year.

Back
Top Bottom