Official Palm Pre Thread

I love the new WebOS. I work with mobile/handheld devices here at work and the Treos are still awesome devices (although really outdated). I'm expectingthe Pre to put Palm back on the map. Let's hope that developers will want to start making apps for WebOS. The iPhone is awesome but clearly it's the3rd party apps that sets it apart.

It is amazing. Honestly, I don't know what else a phone can or should be able to do! It's insane.

Originally Posted by Kneesh

^No it doesn't mean that .

Pre confirmed that they aren't changing @%$+ .

It's not biting anyway . Apple is just afraid of competition .
laugh.gif

Have you not heard of or know what a patent is? It is bitting, I don't recall anyone using "gestures" on a touch screen phone until Apple came upwith the iPhone. People ever wonder why G1 didn't copy Apple on the "2 finger pinch" gesture? Do some research Kneesh.
Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Apple received the patent for the iPhone mult-touch and "gestures" last week. What does that mean for Pre? Palm has to redesign the UI from scratch. No more biting.
judging from this article...not much http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/28/apple-vs-palm-the-in-depth-analysis/http://www.engadget.com/2...lm-the-in-depth-analysis/http://www.engadget.com/2...lm-the-in-depth-analysis/
maybe a bit of redesign..but not from scratch by any means...

and if Ppple flexes its muscles...Palm probably has a few things in it's arsenal as well.... looks like Apple bit off a lot of features from them
Nah, the scratch thing was for lulz but they will have to redesign how they use gestures and such. There is a reason why G1 and BB Stormdidn't copy Apple, and no, it was not because they wanted to be different, it was because of the incoming patent. Which makes me wonder why the people atPalm (a big corporation) didn't see this coming from Apple.

Sucks I just got a Touch Pro

wonder if Sprint can hook me up with this when it comes out????? if not too bad

eh. No support by app makers than no buy for me. Its simple as that I want a phone that has a %%%% load off applications not just a fancy phone and emaildevice.

Originally Posted by Kneesh

^No it doesn't mean that .

Pre confirmed that they aren't changing @%$+ .

It's not biting anyway . Apple is just afraid of competition .
laugh.gif

Have you not heard of or know what a patent is? It is bitting, I don't recall anyone using "gestures" on a touch screen phone until Apple came up with the iPhone. People ever wonder why G1 didn't copy Apple on the "2 finger pinch" gesture? Do some research Kneesh.
Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Apple received the patent for the iPhone mult-touch and "gestures" last week. What does that mean for Pre? Palm has to redesign the UI from scratch. No more biting.
judging from this article...not much http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/28/apple-vs-palm-the-in-depth-analysis/http://www.engadget.com/2...lm-the-in-depth-analysis/http://www.engadget.com/2...lm-the-in-depth-analysis/http://www.engadget.com/2...lm-the-in-depth-analysis/
maybe a bit of redesign..but not from scratch by any means...

and if Ppple flexes its muscles...Palm probably has a few things in it's arsenal as well.... looks like Apple bit off a lot of features from them
Nah, the scratch thing was for lulz but they will have to redesign how they use gestures and such. There is a reason why G1 and BB Storm didn't copy Apple, and no, it was not because they wanted to be different, it was because of the incoming patent. Which makes me wonder why the people at Palm (a big corporation) didn't see this coming from Apple.
Like I said , read the article . Palm has talked about this . They aren't changing a lot , trust me . Apple thinks the Pre isn't going tosell because they took away a few gestures ?
laugh.gif
Righttt . Thery're stupid for even thinking that .

They even stated (in a sense) that if Apple was to try to take them to court for the gestures , Palm would take Apple to court for biting off a couple of theirthings also . Palm is a well established company . I don't think Apple wants to go there ...
laugh.gif
Seriously .

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

eh. No support by app makers than no buy for me. Its simple as that I want a phone that has a #@*# load off applications not just a fancy phone and email device.

Palm has a huge developer pool, they'll have a lot of 3rd party apps and probably have more freedom with the OS then Apple permits for the iPhone.

Nah, the scratch thing was for lulz but they will have to redesign how they use gestures and such. There is a reason why G1 and BB Storm didn't copy Apple, and no, it was not because they wanted to be different, it was because of the incoming patent. Which makes me wonder why the people at Palm (a big corporation) didn't see this coming from Apple.
did you read the article?

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

eh. No support by app makers than no buy for me. Its simple as that I want a phone that has a %%%% load off applications not just a fancy phone and email device.

Dude. This is Palm we're talking about.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

BOLD > that

roll.gif
you're comparing the pre to a phone that'll be a year old by the time the former is released??
indifferent.gif

so ...the blackberry curve been out for awhile and its still one of the best PDA/Smartphones out there, since the bold came out bold > curve ...pre lookall fancy and stuff ...but imo BOLD > Pre ...even if the BOLD will be 1 year old ...nothing touches BB on txt/email/phone

I find it weird that in every video shown, the user has trouble doing something. From slidding the page to exiting a screen. The last video posted on the firstpage, the guy had a somwhat hard time doing the double tap thing. I like the phone and I might cop, but I just hope the phone isnt difficult. APPLE SHOULD BESCARED.

The keyboard is the ONLY thing I'm worried about. Hopefully it isn't as small as the Centro keyboard.
But all I need is a release date so I can start making my arrangements. This phone will be copped 1st day it comes out

People acting like they are patent lawyers.
roll.gif

Apple is infringing on many of Palms patents. (they were the first smart phones remember??
smh.gif
)

If apple were to come after them for this Palm would return the favor and they would destroy themselves in the process.
laugh.gif

The phrase. that is used by most patent attorney's is mutual assured destruction.

Palm AINT CHANGING %*!#.
laugh.gif
Apple totin' paper tigers.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

People acting like they are patent lawyers.
roll.gif

Apple is infringing on many of Palms patents. (they were the first smart phones remember??
smh.gif
)

If apple were to come after them for this Palm would return the favor and they would destroy themselves in the process.
laugh.gif

The phrase. that is used by most patent attorney's is mutual assured destruction.

Palm AINT CHANGING %*!#.
laugh.gif
Apple totin' paper tigers.
Thank you .

/thread

Oh no , nevermind , the phone hasn't came out yet ...
laugh.gif

Oh no , nevermind , the phone hasn't came out yet ...
laugh.gif

EXACTLY.....so how are you guys gonna say that A>B when B isn't even out?
&& to djaward the phone is probably still in its development stages, thats why some of the features might be sluggish.
I have never had a phone that runs with the Palm OS. How is it, compared to windows?

We should make this thread the offical Palm Pre thread

Good idea

Palm OS >>>>>>> Windows mobile.

Its just a little dated at this point but the new WebOS is a total revamp.

Originally Posted by djaward

I find it weird that in every video shown, the user has trouble doing something. From slidding the page to exiting a screen. The last video posted on the first page, the guy had a somwhat hard time doing the double tap thing. I like the phone and I might cop, but I just hope the phone isnt difficult. APPLE SHOULD BE SCARED.

It's still in beta, I wouldn't be worried.

Back
Top Bottom