OFFICIAL PATRICK EWING/ EWING ATHLETICS THREAD. VOL. THEY ARE OFFICIALLY BACK!

Vote on the Ewing Model you would like to see return!

• Asphalt

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Boomer

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Concept

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Eclipse

• Extreme

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Key

• Kross

• Orion

• Prizm

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Rogue

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Street New York City

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Swatt

• Total voters
^^^ dude, check ewingathletics.com - brand was re-launched on Aug. 5th, initial release in NYC on the 31st and nation-wide release by mid Sep. Them awesome 33 Hi's should also be available on the webstore.

RD for the apparel as well as sizing info. are yet to come.

With regards to hype - I mean, it's a necessary evil because you obviously want the brand to be successful and broaden your reach so you can take care of the P&L and get your business model working before optimizing it. However, with that you run the risk of having your $300 eBay "pre-release" prices.

It's all about managing those risks and with the "we will take care of NT/anyone who wants those" mantra, I'm really comfortable with the approach the brand has taken. Where Nike/Rbk/adidas have failed there is that they are super-knowledgeable in creating the hype, but they act like they couldn't care less about how to manage the hype and this is why time and time again we see hypebeasts dangling hundreds (if not thousands) of supposedly limited edition kicks on eBay at outrageous prices when peeps who actually want those shoes are forced of being empty-handed by this inefficient process.

I'm sure there will be times where the brand may fall short of their promise and the learning curve is steep but with open, honest communications and the attitude of fulfilling on that promise, I'm sure the brand will find the best, sustainable way forward. I'm personally very stoked about the brand and wish nothing but success to these guys so we may see more awesome Ewing retros.

Last edited:
I originally was fiending over the red and blue suedes, but after seeing the white on feet, i wouldnt mind any of the 3, or all 3 for that matter, seeing on how hype might make me miss out on silver/crimson foams, raptors, and blue/pink hyperpsotes. If thats the case, red, white, and blue will all 3 be copped during national release. Just hope the hype on these doesnt keep building although it seems theyre putting everything in place for exactly that to happen. WIth Pusha and Clark Kent already showing up in them, how long until Wale, Bun B, and the other usual suspects start building the hype?

Last edited:
There is a pic out there of pusher t wearing the red pair with the red Ewing t shirt

tumblr_m90q8nsiKT1rpaw39o1_1280.jpg

stupid ebay resellers, 300+ for these bad boys,
damn....
ewingathletics should sell these 1 of each colorway per person instead of buying a whole bulk. goddamit, ruined my day after seing those auction on ebay.

^^^ dude, check ewingathletics.com - brand was re-launched on Aug. 5th, initial release in NYC on the 31st and nation-wide release by mid Sep. Them awesome 33 Hi's should also be available on the webstore.
RD for the apparel as well as sizing info. are yet to come.
With regards to hype - I mean, it's a necessary evil because you obviously want the brand to be successful and broaden your reach so you can take care of the P&L and get your business model working before optimizing it. However, with that you run the risk of having your $300 eBay "pre-release" prices.
It's all about managing those risks and with the "we will take care of NT/anyone who wants those" mantra, I'm really comfortable with the approach the brand has taken. Where Nike/Rbk/adidas have failed there is that they are super-knowledgeable in creating the hype, but they act like they couldn't care less about how to manage the hype and this is why time and time again we see hypebeasts dangling hundreds (if not thousands) of supposedly limited edition kicks on eBay at outrageous prices when peeps who actually want those shoes are forced of being empty-handed by this inefficient process.
I'm sure there will be times where the brand may fall short of their promise and the learning curve is steep but with open, honest communications and the attitude of fulfilling on that promise, I'm sure the brand will find the best, sustainable way forward. I'm personally very stoked about the brand and wish nothing but success to these guys so we may see more awesome Ewing retros.

Whoa. A cogent post of more than a paragraph without any emoticons? Displaying a rudimentary understanding of basic business practices and how to please the purists while simultaneously navigating the practical realities of growing/re-establishing a brand? Am I in the right place?

Good stuff, my man.

I'm definitely in for the Knicks colorways, provided this isn't madness.

Take care of NT, please us, and let the sneaker cognoscenti become your e-street team and brand ambassadors. An established brand can exploit its most loyal customers because they are only a small portion of their sales, and perhaps more trouble than they are worth at times, in the eye of the company. The start-up, or re-launched brand needs this population on their side in order to make inroads into the wider potential customer base. Nike can afford to eschew NT, Ewing Athletics can not.

Whoa. A cogent post of more than a paragraph without any emoticons? Displaying a rudimentary understanding of basic business practices and how to please the purists while simultaneously navigating the practical realities of growing/re-establishing a brand? Am I in the right place?
Good stuff, my man.
I'm definitely in for the Knicks colorways, provided this isn't madness.
Take care of NT, please us, and let the sneaker cognoscenti become your e-street team and brand ambassadors. An established brand can exploit its most loyal customers because they are only a small portion of their sales, and perhaps more trouble than they are worth at times, in the eye of the company. The start-up, or re-launched brand needs this population on their side in order to make inroads into the wider potential customer base. Nike can afford to eschew NT, Ewing Athletics can not.

Geez, we get it, you went to community college and can use big words..:smh: ..j/k:rofl:rollin:nthat: ..
Sorry bout dem emoticons

:smh: The sneaker culture has definitely taken a nasty turn if we have to camp for some damn Ewings. They're a definitely nice, and I would love to cop a couple of colorways, but I refuse to camp for these.

I remember having a pair of Ewings around 1993-94 during that crazy season the knicks had. Can't remember if it was these or another model.

This limited tag turned me off to these. A simple walk in and out would suffice. Lining up is taking its toll on my feet and patience.

I mean if it's an "independent" release it's limited by nature. They don't have the connections or manpower to push them full-scale through FTL

Plus they're using that tag to help build a base for the brand. If they just dropped some 90's looking Ewing kicks out of nowhere, not enough people would buy to keep them afloat.

:smh: The sneaker culture has definitely taken a nasty turn if we have to camp for some damn Ewings. They're a definitely nice, and I would love to cop a couple of colorways, but I refuse to camp for these.
damb, in no way would I camp out for these :smh: they are definitely nice though :pimp:

Last edited:
There going to be anywhere online to scoop these up on the 31st? Seems like only NYC retail locations are getting stock.

As has been said above, this is definitely an Independent release...... 8/31 will be NYC in store only, but a few weeks later they are going to release nationwide and then online as well.....

Anyone gonna be at west nyc next week for the release?.....I have to take my son with me so if anyone see's a guy with a baby carriage that's me

Back
Top Bottom