OFFICIAL PATRIOTS 2010 OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Tom brady >>>>wycleaf

^^^^^^^^^ if breaston resigns there might be a semi disgruntled anquan boldin in arizona
smile.gif

Steve Breaston, Arizona Cardinals (27) - Restricted FA
Breaston won't reach 1000 yards again this year, but has been productive out of the slot yet again behind Fitzgerald and Boldin. The Cardinals will look tokeep him for at least this year under a restricted free agent contract. If he continues his impressive performance it could potentially signal the end ofBoldin's career in Arizona once they find an offer worthy of allowing the semi-disgruntled receiver to walk. Breaston is also a dangerous return man forthe Cardinals.

or

Braylon Edwards, New York Jets(27)
Edwards' size brings a unique skill set to the Jets' receiving corps opposite Jericho Cotchery, but has struggled with concentration and dropping ballsas he did in Cleveland. The Jets gave up a considerable amount to land Braylon Edwards so it would be startling if they didn't extend his stay in New York.Edwards has a winning combination working for him in New York with a promising young quarterback delivering him balls, a charismatic coach, and a teamdedicated to winning ball games right now. If Edwards continues posting pedestrian numbers, the Jets will most likely look toward a more incentive-based deal.

or

Miles Austin, Dallas Cowboys (26)
With the season nearing an end, the Cowboys made a smart non-move in not extending Austin a mid-season offer, but will see his price substantially increase inthe offseason. Austin has developed in the Cowboys go-to wide receiver and is about the only player capable of seriously stretching the field for the offense.Austin is looking at finishing with over 1200 yards and 12 touchdowns on his current pace, which includes four games in which he totaled only 80-some yards. IfRoy Williams can develop into the player the Cowboys expected to get when they traded away a first round selection for him, Romo will have a pair of weapons toeven further improve the offense that is already at franchise-record level in yards per game this year.

pimp.gif

Tom Brady Girl Gisele Bundchen donates $1.5 Million to Haiti - Gisele Bundchen has donated $1.5 million to the earthquake relief effort in Haiti, This is whatthe Boston Globe reported Friday. Good for her! Very nice gesture... We all need to do our part and give what we can. Give anything, even the smallest ofdonations, it will all add up! FREE $500 to Bet on yours NFL Picks & NFL Predictions this weakened.

Now, if Gisele Bundchen can only do something to support the What Happened Tom Brady relief effort! The benevolent beauty - who has lent her famous form tobrands like London Fog, Rampage, and Victoria's Secret - wrote a $1.5 million check to the Red Cross to help Haiti recover from a devastating quake thatrocked the island this week.

No matter how much or how little any of us have in our checkbooks today- we must always be thankful and give, no matter how impossible it seems to do..Justdays ago, Gisele topped a list of the world's highest-paid supermodels, earning a reported $35 million in 2009. This just added like one 1.5 million pointsin hotness. Tom Brady and the Patriots are out of the NFL Playoffs, but you can still bet on this weekend NFL divisional Playoff Picks and Odds. NFL BettingOdds and NFL Lines list Baltimore Ravens +7 underdogs this week.

Tom and Gisele are such a cute couple. But I'm not sure about their long term compability. Since Tom is a Leo and Gisele is a Virgo. FIRE and WATER UhOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tom-brady-and-gisele1.jpg

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Tom and Gisele are such a cute couple. But I'm not sure about their long term compability. Since Tom is a Leo and Gisele is a Virgo. FIRE and WATER Uh OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tom-brady-and-gisele1.jpg

he can do better lol

We drafted a few linemen last year so i dont see us resigning Logan Mankins ...which is good cause we'll prolly have a little money to blow.
Also to the guys that wanna draft a running back.........we have the raiders (who should go 0-16) first rounder next year,considering kevin faulk should be calling it quits by then and we're looking
to get ingram....do u still draft a rb incase one is a bust?....theres a disgruntled chester taylor in Minnesota who can catch out of the backfield and would fit in quite nice till ingram gets there
smile.gif

intresting article...........perhaps another go at julius????

Face it, New England Patriots fans, Sunday was not your kind of day.
You had to watch the hated New York Jets square off against the hated Indianapolis Colts in the AFC Championship Game.
If you did, that is. Otherwise, you channel surfed your way through the afternoon. Golf must have been on somewhere, right?
But the thought still left you in a foul mood. You want the good ol’ days back. You want the region in a buzz about another Super Bowl excursion. You want the times when days like Sunday mattered. You want the football season extended to chop some time off winter.
You want the New England Patriots back on top.
Here’s how that can happen:
They have to find a pass rush.
It’s the only way. Take a look at the four teams who played Sunday. Heck, take a look at most of the 10 playoff games that have taken place. In the majority of them, what did the winning team do?
They got to the quarterback. And the quarterback turned the ball over.
Case in point: The Baltimore Ravens did it to your own Tom Brady. The Jets did it to San Diego’s Phillip Rivers. The Vikings did it to Dallas’ Tony Romo, big time. The Saints may have knocked Kurt Warner into retirement. Hate to bring up bad memories, but the New York Giants did the same thing in the Super Bowl two years ago.
It’s the way you win in the NFL these days. You cannot let good quarterbacks sit back there and pick you apart, and the Patriots have been doing that now for the better part of the last two seasons.
They sacked (well, presumably) Dean Pees as their defensive coordinator just over a week ago. Big deal. Pees didn’t have much to work with, especially at linebacker, and especially after Bill Belichick jettisoned perhaps his best pass rushing threats, Mike Vrabel and Richard Seymour, for nothing that is showing up on the books until 2011.
Go ahead, promote the rumored boy wonder Matt Patricia from linebackers coach to defensive coordinator. Or Pepper Johnson, who certainly knows something about getting after quarterbacks. But unless either of them is given some new tools to work with, it won’t make a bit of difference.
Even Buddy Ryan wouldn’t have had a snowball’s chance in you-know-where to turn this group into anything resembling the ’86 Bears.
But you don’t even need that, you just need the 2004 or 2005 Patriots. Players who can get after it, who don’t get pushed around. Players who opposing quarterbacks don’t want to see on the field.
We thought Belichick was on the right track last year when it was rumored he was going after Julius Peppers. Then not only did he not make a move on Peppers, he dumped Seymour.
What’s the solution? Free agency? The draft? The Patriots have struck out in both venues. Adalius Thomas was supposed to be the type of guy we’re looking for, but the fact that we’re still looking for him tells you he failed miserably and most likely won’t be back.
The Patriots have also laid an egg the last few years in the second, third, fourth and often fifth rounds of the draft when it comes to finding impact players.
That’s one of the reasons they’re in the boat they’re in. Otherwise they would be lauded for their ability to have rebuilt on the fly, winning with old and new players.
Instead, the only entertainment around Gillette Stadium on Sunday was in the movie theater. You could drive up and down Route 1 with ease.
And if opposing quarterbacks are allowed that same kind of ease next fall, Patriots Place again will be just another shopping destination next January.

Updated: January 26, 2010, 6:05 AM ET

[h2]Brady doesn't need offseason surgery[/h2]

http://myespn.go.com/conversation/story?id=4857518/a3.espncdn.com/prod/assets/pt_comment.gif);">http://a3.espncdn.com/prod/assets/pt_comment.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: initial; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); background-position: initial initial; ">Comment http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4857518#/sendtofriend.espn.go.com/sendtofriend/SendToFriend?URL=http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4857518&title=Patriots QB Brady says he won">http://sendtofriend.espn....0Brady ...le,noscrollbars,width=400,height=500');return false;" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 10px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 4px; padding-left: 20px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 9px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: url(http://a4.espncdn.com/prod/assets/pt_email.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: initial; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); background-position: initial initial; ">Email http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=4857518&type=story/a1.espncdn.com/prod/assets/pt_print.gif);">http://a1.espncdn.com/prod/assets/pt_print.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: initial; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); background-position: initial initial; ">Print http:///a.espncdn.com/icons/share-icon-12x12.png);">http://a.espncdn.com/icons/share-icon-12x12.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: transparent; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); background-position: 0% 0%; ">Share
ESPN.com news services

BOSTON -- Tom Brady says he won't need surgery this offseason.

The New England Patriots quarterback played much of the season with finger and rib injuries, after missing all but the first quarter of the first game of the previous season with a left knee injury that required surgery.

"I'm excited I don't have to have surgery this offseason," Brady said Monday at a charity appearance in which he presented a $30,000 check to Boston Centers For Youth and Families through Smartwater. "I remember a year ago at this time there were all these concerns on whether I was going to play this year. I was never concerned about that. It's nice to be in an offseason when I really feel like I can get started right away."

[h4]Reiss: Cool, Calm And Collected[/h4]
reiss_mike_m.jpg
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady always seems at ease no matter the setting, writes Mike Reiss. Storyhttp://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=4858246

Brady said he feels good that he can get right into offseason activities. Earlier, he withdrew from the Pro Bowl, scheduled for Sunday in Miami, because of his finger injury, the Patriots said. This offseason promises to be much different than last year.

"Nobody wants to take a year off," he said. "It's something I did and it happens with a lot of players, like Wes [Welker] [knee injury] -- he has a tough road and he'll overcome it. I have no doubt he will. Everybody deals with it at different times, unless you're Brett Favre. So you just have to learn to overcome them, be mentally tough with whatever circumstance happened with your body or your mind, and try to go out and play a helluva lot better next year."

Brady will be entering the final year of his contract, but said he doesn't really like to talk about those issues. "We're way overpaid as it is," he said. "That's not really a concern."

He added: "Being a player rep now, I realize all the issues we're facing. As a team player, I don't sit here saying, 'What about me? What about me?' I'm under contract. I'm going to out there and play my butt off."

Brady also said "we're a long way away" from a new collective bargaining agreement between the NFL and its players to replace the one that ends after the 2010 season, "but there's a long way to go before the season starts."

There would be no salary cap next season under the current agreement.

The Patriots won Super Bowls in 2002, 2004 and 2005 but have gone five straight years without an NFL championship.

Brady said he isn't surprised that the Indianapolis Colts and New Orleans Saints are in the Super Bowl.

"No, they've been the best teams all season. They certainly deserved to be there. They proved it over the course of the whole season. They have a lot of good players. They did the job. They earned it."

Information from ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

seems like good news.......considering i doubt they will resign mankins they need to make sure he gets proper protection this year

Brady will be entering the final year of his contract, but said he doesn't really like to talk about those issues. "We're way overpaid as it is," he said. "That's not really a concern."
pimp.gif

[h2]Wilfork: Pats haven't called about deal[/h2]
ESPNBoston.com

Defensive tackle Vince Wilfork said Wednesday he would consider it a "slap in the face" if the New England Patriots placed the franchise tag on him, an action the team is expected to take if a long-term extension is not reached.

"I want a long-term deal or I want to be free. Point blank," Wilfork said during an interview on Boston sports radio station WEEI.

Wilfork, who has been vocal since before the season about his desire for an extension, just completed the last season of a six-year rookie contract and is in line for a hefty raise and a long-term deal if he hits the open market. The Patriots, however, could prevent him from doing so if they place the franchise tag on him, which they could do during a two-week stretch in February.

"I didn't like that six-year deal but I did honor my six-year deal," Wilfork said on WEEI. "Now that the deal is up, it's time for me to move forward, with the Patriots or without the Patriots."

The 28-year-old and two-time Pro Bowler Wilfork said he would view being tagged as an insult by the Patriots.

"[The franchise tag] is decent money for most people out there. What I do, it's OK," Wilfork said. "But I don't look at myself as an OK player. Like I said, it's just basically a slap in my face and an insult to me to basically tell me I'm an OK player."

For Wilfork, the franchise tag -- which is a one-year deal -- also means a missed opportunity to gain long-term financial security for his family.

"There's a short window of opportunity for me to make the type of money that I want to make ..." Wilfork said. "I'm not selling my family short and I'm definitely not selling myself short just to stay back and to win and be part of a great organization.

"Winning is a big part of sports, but a lot of teams win. ... We'll see. I will do what's best for my family. But I definitely will not sell myself short of my ability. Not at all."

Wilfork said he and his agent have not heard from the Patriots about his contract since the end of the season and the sides have not talked about an extension since the beginning of the season.

"I'm not sitting by the phone waiting for them to call," said Wilfork, who will play in the Pro Bowl in Miami on Sunday. "Either they call or they don't. They have all the numbers they need. ... Whenever they call, they call."

[h3]Analysis of Vince Wilfork situation[/h3]
By Mike Reiss

Patriots nose tackle Vince Wilfork’s interview on sports radio WEEI on Wednesday was as notable for what he said as how he said it.

The tone was powerful. After listening to it, it sounds like Wilfork is drawing decisive contractual battle lines, almost as if to say “No more Mr. Nice Guy.

There's some good news and some bad news reported by the Boston Herald on Wes Welker.The good news is that the surgery to repair his MCL and ACL was asuccess. The bad news is that it will take "at least six months" forhis rehabilitation.

Not all of us could be math majors in college, but this is an easyone: if he starts his rehab today, that means it'll be at least Aug. 3before he's ready to return. That puts us in training camp territory,and it's uncertain what he'll be able to do with twosurgically-repaired ligaments in his knee anyways.

I'm not a doctor, but I always thought an ACL tear took at least 9 months. Especially for a guy like Welker, whose whole game depends on cutting.

Updated: March 5, 2010, 9:52 PM ET

[h2]Source: Wilfork highest-paid nose tackle[/h2]

By Mike Reiss
ESPNBoston.com
Archive

The New England Patriots have paid big money to their big man in the middle by inking nose tackle Vince Wilfork to a five-year, $40 million extension Friday, according to a league source.

Thedeal, which includes an $18 million signing bonus and $25 millionguaranteed, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports, makes Wilfork thehighest-paid nose tackle in the NFL. It also provides him the long-termsecurity he desires and ensures the Patriots -- hurt by the departuresof several impact players in recent years -- retain a key part of theirdefense.

Wilfork confirmed the agreement, writing the followingon his Twitter account: "We are pleased to say we will be here for manymore years to come."

[h4]Vince Wilfork[/h4][h5]#75 DT
New England Patriots[/h5]
2009 STATS
  • Tot43
  • Solo31
  • Ast12
  • FF1
  • Sack0
  • Int0

Wilfork, who was assigned the franchise tag on Feb. 22, was called the team's No. 1 contractual priority by owner Robert Kraft.

Alsoyesterday, the Patriots signed outside linebacker Tully Banta-Cain to athree-year, $13.5 million contract and reached a two-year agreementwith right guard Stephen Neal, according to a league source.

Thecontract for Wilfork, 28, gives him a chance to spend his entire careerwith the Patriots, which is something he didn't sound optimistic aboutfollowing the team's playoff loss to the Ravens on Jan. 10.

"Asthe time ticked off that clock, it kind of dawned on me. I told myteammates, the guys I played with on defense, I don't know if this isthe last game I played with you or not, but if it is, I love you, andI'm going to miss you," he said at the time.

Frustrated with theprogress of contract talks in the days leading up to the Pro Bowl onJan. 31, Wilfork went on sports radio WEEI and said, "It's time for meto move forward, with the Patriots or without the Patriots."

Negotiationsapparently heated up shortly thereafter because when Wilfork wasassigned the franchise tag three weeks later, his tone wassignificantly different. The Patriots also provided detail on thenegotiations, which was a break from their usual tight-lipped ways.

"Vinceis a tremendous player for our team and remains a significant part ofour future plans," the team said in a statement at the time. "We arehopeful that Vince will remain a Patriot for many years to come."

Negotiationsbetween the Patriots and Wilfork's agent Kennard McGuire had beenongoing since last year. Wilfork's wife, Bianca, was also aninstrumental part of the process.

Wilfork, who is listed at6-foot-2, 325 pounds, has been one of the Patriots' most durableplayers since joining the team as a first-round draft choice in 2004(21st overall), while emerging as one of the NFL's top players at thehard-to-fill position of nose tackle in the 3-4 defense.

Hisvalue to the Patriots was also highlighted last season when he moved toend to help solidify struggles the team was having at that spot.Wilfork is also a strong presence in the locker room, which has addedimportance after a season in which the Patriots didn't always seem tohave all 53 players pulling in the same direction.

Mike Reiss covers the Patriots for ESPN Boston. You can follow him on Twitter or leave a question for his weekly mailbag.

Waste of the Franchise Tag...could have just got the deal done a few weeks ago.
smh.gif

i cant edit the thread (cause i got banned) but bare with this thread lmaooo and PLEASE...................(I KNOW IT WONT HAPPEN).................LET JULIUS PEPPERS SEE THE LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

haha peppers is gone man....we need to just draft kindle or graham if theyre on the board. most likely we'll trade out of the first round or draft an obscure OL
laugh.gif

Updated: March 19, 2010, 1:57 PM ET

[h2]Crumpler would fill Patriots void[/h2]

By Mike Reiss
ESPNBoston.com
Archive

Barring an unexpected turn, the Patriots and free-agent tight end Alge Crumpler should be uniting in the coming days.

"We are closing in on a deal," Crumpler's agent, James "Butch" Williams, said Friday morning.

Williams added that no contract has been signed at this time. ESPNBoston.com reported Thursday night that the sides had reached an agreement, citing reports in the Boston Globe and Boston Herald.

Crumpler, 32, enters his 10th NFL season, having played for the Atlanta Falcons (2002-2007) and Tennessee Titans (2008-2009). At 6-foot-2, 262 pounds, he has been one of the league's more durable tight ends, missing only five regular-season games in his career.

Once one of the NFL's upper-echelon combination tight ends as both a pass catcher and blocker, Crumpler has slowed down of late. Although he was considered a key cog in the Titans' rushing attack as a blocker last season, he had just 27 receptions and averaged a career low 8.2 yards per catch.

The Patriots have a major need at the position after releasing veteran Chris Baker -- a surprising move -- and seeing Benjamin Watson sign a free-agent contract with the Cleveland Browns.

Robbie Agnone and Rob Myers are the lone tight ends on the roster, and neither has appeared in a regular-season NFL game.

Back
Top Bottom