Official PATRIOTS vs. RAVENS Vol. Monday Night Highlight

Originally Posted by bjm5295

The rule doesnt say you have to have the ball like pinned to your chest. The ball wasnt being bobbled, it was just he hands still moving, which in my eyes is catch.

he had possession and both feet in...the ref on the field called it, the review box called it, the announcers called it...its not controversial atall...peope will reach for anything...

lets say he dropped it...what did that penalty give the Pats? 1st and goal on the 2? the 1?

Originally Posted by thetruth03

Anyone that ever said the NFL is fixed can cite this game as a prime example.. the last 2 minutes of that game were on some JFK assassination type $!#*.

Every single week your in the patriots threads saying how they aren't that good.. or how you have the formula to beat them.. Ravens lost that game fair and square.. If that coordinator didn't call timeout on 4th and 1 the game was over.. No question

you have a crazy bias towards teams and players..
ohwell.gif

That was one hell of a game though, Sean Taylor's spirit brought out the best of everybody..

laugh.gif
at Willis doin Junior like that..

Not at all - you just can't stand the fact that I won't toe the line like 99 percent of other sports fans and praise the Pats are the greatest teamof all time... they can't run the ball, and they can't stop the run. You shouldn't be able to run through the league without those twocharacteristics, yet somehow they have... Now the last two weeks they get pushed to the limit by two crappy teams and nobody is willing to say those are majorflaws in their game.

I'll admit that I hate the Patriots, and I always have. But that doesn't somehow blind me from analyzing them fairly - i'm not an irrationalzilch, i can separate my emotions from my thought process, unlike many. The statement I made was very vague and somewhat tongue-in-cheek, yet you found theneed to pull that quote from several pages back to call me out about it like it's that serious? Sounds like you are catching feelings here with me orsomething, truth... it ain't that serious for you to be calling me out like this.

My statement was just pointing out how charmed the Pats have been this year... there were probably a combined 10 plays the last two weeks that could'veended their perfect season if the ball bounced just slightly different in any one of those situations. Doesn't mean the Pats aren't still the bestteam in football this year.... hell, they could've lost the last two weeks and still be the best team in football... I just don't believe they'reunbeatable when they can't stop the run and can't run it themselves. Is that irrational? I guess so to you, but if you check around the board idon't go around making outlandish predictions every week.. i'm not that guy.

Add the Raven fans to the list of haters the Patriots have traumatized and beaten into Submission.

i was with the ravens last night, but is anyone really buying their sob stories about the refs and the league and ticket selling and conspiracies and so on andso on?

these cats shot themselves in the foot -- both through the players and the mismanagement by the coaches.

it's possible the refs could've have exchanged a few words, but there's many nfl players who feel like they can wield all sorts of comments andeven insults at anyone else on the field, including the refs themselves. bart scott? c'mon man. ain't no need for that kind of behavior.

and if you are indeed a man, why would it hurt your ego so much to be called a boy? you're really sounding like less than a man by crying about beingcalled a boy. that just doesn't make sense to me.

complaining like that just detracts from the game you just put so much effort into

salty ain't even the word. just bitter

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

But once the playoffs come, that will stop. Why? Because it's the damn playoffs. Nobody cares about them going 16-0 anymore. Every team just wants to win the SB. If the Colts have to go to Foxboro, they will lose, and badly. Manning didn't do %@!% in the playoffs last year. He wasn't the reason why they beat the Pats. He'll choke like always, except this time his defense won't be there to help him out.
Pretty much, there is no way the Colts can beat the Pats at Foxboro on a cold evening in January.

It'll be interesting to see how Pittsburgh plays the Pats next week. I think Pittsburgh is the only team in the [color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]NFC[/color] that can beat New England @ Foxboro. Cold weather and crappy field conditions wont effect that team as much as it would Indy, Jacksonville or San Diego(if they can make it that far).

And all these NFL loves New England conspiracy theorists need to remember that the Pats have recently won 3 Super Bowls, and would've won another one last season if it wasn't for Riccochet Caldwell. I dont see how the NFL "gave" New England anything, that team has consistently been the among the best teams in the league for 5 years now.

*AFC

that last NE drive just reminded me of USC at ND a couple years ago where leinart tried to dive in the end zone and he fumbled the ball but it went out ofbounds... things just went their way and finally their players made the plays. this team is just destined for an undefeated season man.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

game was CRAZY- i really thought it was the one...but the Ravens fell apart at the end...i would hate to be in that lockeroom after the game or even in practice/meetings this week

the ravens had it throughout but just like the people watching, they knew the pats would find a way to pull it off and they did

hopefully we can go back to blowing teams out the park b/c my nerves are bad right now and i cant be drinking that heavy on monday nights
laugh.gif

oh and we need some pics of that last hail mary catch...to everybody wishing for a couple more yards or a timeout watch your boy Mason HOLD/PULL the defenders away from that easy Pic/deflection then find another part of the game to cry about...

in the end Champions do Champion things...[color= rgb(204, 102, 51)]the ravens lacked the composure to finish out that game[/color]...the wind, that defense, the nothing to lose attitude, boller looking like a young joe montana, everything was lined up for them to do it..but they cracked

oh and i almost forgot
indifferent.gif
to the coach stoneage aka Don Shula...somebody need to put his bad luck%++! on the moon til we finish out this season
laugh.gif

No they didn't, at least not defensively. They just got unlucky with a false start and a timeout. All the other calls were legit though, and I REALLYwish that ball had been lateraled to Mason after he caught it, would've been the funniest win I've seen in a long time.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by Kingtre

game was CRAZY- i really thought it was the one...but the Ravens fell apart at the end...i would hate to be in that lockeroom after the game or even in practice/meetings this week

the ravens had it throughout but just like the people watching, they knew the pats would find a way to pull it off and they did

hopefully we can go back to blowing teams out the park b/c my nerves are bad right now and i cant be drinking that heavy on monday nights
laugh.gif

oh and we need some pics of that last hail mary catch...to everybody wishing for a couple more yards or a timeout watch your boy Mason HOLD/PULL the defenders away from that easy Pic/deflection then find another part of the game to cry about...

in the end Champions do Champion things...the ravens lacked the composure to finish out that game...the wind, that defense, the nothing to lose attitude, boller looking like a young joe montana, everything was lined up for them to do it..but they cracked

oh and i almost forgot
indifferent.gif
to the coach stoneage aka Don Shula...somebody need to put his bad luck%++! on the moon til we finish out this season
laugh.gif

No they didn't, at least not defensively. They just got unlucky with a false start and a timeout. All the other calls were legit though, and I REALLY wish that ball had been lateraled to Mason after he caught it, would've been the funniest win I've seen in a long time.
i'll agree that the defensive unit was the better of the 3 but as a whole the team crumbled...bad coaching calls, bad offense and lastly thedefensive fiasco that broke there concentration...

and as i pointed out mason was clearly holding/offensive PI whatever you want to call it on that last hail mary ...he 1st tossed Gay out the way then proceededto hold Assante down
laugh.gif
but the refs prob didnt call it because the gamewas over and pats would have declined it anyways...they showed the replay like 3-4 times last night and it will prb be all over espn this week...i cant be theonly one who saw mason "make way" for that catch to be made
laugh.gif

btw...i thought Mercury Morris is one of the most ignorant people i have ever seen on tv...i pray he was joking with some of his comments, cause no man can bethat big of a fool.

Pittsburgh, the last real obstacle left in their question for perfection.
^ with the way we've been playing lately, cant overlook the giants either. they have the pass rush to keep our offense out of sync, and theiroffense isnt exactly garbage. they'll be playing to make the playoffs, too

Just saw the replay of Gaffney touchdown, and that is not a catch according to the league.
T.O. had the exact situation against the Packers, and they ruled it not a catch in the booth.
Gaffney's moving the ball and according to the league, you have to keep the ball from moving at all.
In my opinion, definitely a choke by the refs. If thats Mason or Clayton, they would have reversed it.
Not saying that becuase I am a Pats hater. I just have seen enough of these inconsistent refs thats its
getting sickening to watch them call the games some times. I think its a lot of the newer refs throwing all
these flags.

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

has Ray Lewis done any interviews for this game yet?
Nope, Unless, some Baltimore Beat reporters got him in the lockeroom, he did not take the post game podium

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

btw...i thought Mercury Morris is one of the most ignorant people i have ever seen on tv...i pray he was joking with some of his comments, cause no man can be that big of a fool.

Pittsburgh, the last real obstacle left in their question for perfection.
^ with the way we've been playing lately, cant overlook the giants either. they have the pass rush to keep our offense out of sync, and their offense isnt exactly garbage. they'll be playing to make the playoffs, too

Don't worry, it's the Giants, here.

They'll crash and burn the rest of the way like they usually do.
wink.gif

What a great game. We have had several great games this season on MNF. Ravens were too aggressive in the end and it cost them. Props to Brady being the fieldgeneral that he is and getting the W with less than a minute left.

i know this is off topic, but what's the deal with the Patriots 1 rd draft pick(s) this year? is their own pick being revoked or the one from SF (thehigher pick)?

The patriots can blow out a team by 100 points and still be talking about we made mistakes and have a lot of things to work on.
laugh.gif

Give me a break.

Patriots will retain their pick from the niners, and lose the pick they earn based on how they finish

why are people saying all the calls at the end were legit? they were NOT

the PI/holding in the endzone on fourth down was technically the right call, but you know if the patriots were in that similar situation on defense the refswouldnt have said anything. the timeout call was legit, Ryan did make the blunder there and i cant blame him. if they had gotten it, he would look like a hero.the false start, okay. Pats got lucky, no ones fault.

BUT...

PI on Samari Rolle.. ABSOLUTE BS... Moss knocked Rolle over to clear out the screen. you dont call that on the defense.
TD to Gaffney... ABSOLUTE BS... he clearly did not have full possession, that was the wrong call and they still didnt call it right after the review
and i love how all the flags were coming out mad late, wtf is that?

Back
Top Bottom