OFFICIAL PBA THREAD

If I was James Yap, I would have ran too. Did you see those killer eyes of Leather? Sabi nga ni James sa interview " Ang lalaki eh, mukhang d ko kayatoh"

^^ If I was James Yap hindi ko na dapat sinipa hehehe ang laki nun e. But I think yun yung intention ni Yap, mangasar lang hehe nakatawa pa nung tumatakbo eh
roll.gif

Originally Posted by feathertouch29

Just plain gay. Am surpirised the ding was not ejected from the game. On a side note, my Filipina wife told me that he was interviewed last night, with his wife crying by his side.
eyes.gif
roll.gif

Yeah I saw the interview last night... James Yap needs Jobert Sucaldito and Cristy Fermin to back him up against Terrence Leather.
laugh.gif

siguradong basag ang mukha nya kay leather.. if i were capitalizing on my face and had multiple product endorsements, i'd run too!
roll.gif

IMO, i guess i'd rather run.....proving manhood is not just through basketball and brawls....again IMO only...
laugh.gif

IMO, I guess I'd rather run too..... if I was just standing there looking all handsome and then someone goes after me. BUT, if I'mepal enough to start something, then I won't run. Again, IMO only.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by feathertouch29

IMO, I guess I'd rather run too..... if I was just standing there looking all handsome and then someone goes after me. BUT, if I'm epal enough to start something, then I won't run. Again, IMO only.
laugh.gif

hahaha! This is funny "I guess I'd rather run too..... if I was just standing there looking all handsome". Exactly man. James should havepicked someone his own size at least...

good point! he did start it. and if it were me, i'd make the kick worth it! give him a whopping roundhouse kick, not just a lame-#** half-hearted kick.

James Yap should've thank Peek for holding on to leather

This reminds me of the Carmelo incident hehe

Williams tipped to bag MVP plum (source: The Phillipine Star)
By Nelson Beltran
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
http://
Sta. Lucia's Kelly Williams, the top player in the PBA All-Filipino Conference, may yet end up as the season's best.

Congrats to the ROY!!! And First Team all defense!

<-- see avy :pimp:

Props Ryan!

[h3]Kelly is MVP, Ryan is ROY[/h3]Thursday, 14 August 2008 (Viewed 10 times)
by JosefRamos

2760838956_8491d9dc0f_m.jpg
IT IS harvest time after a fruitful campaign this season for the Sta. Lucia Realtors.

Kelly Williams and Ryan Reyes, as expected, captured the 33rd PBA season's highest individual honors in Wednesday's Leo Awards at the Araneta Coliseum.

Before the opening of Game 4 of the 2008 PBA Smart Fiesta Conference championship series between the Air21 Express and the Ginebra Gin Kings, the 6-foot-7 Williams, 26, received the Most Valuable Player (MVP) trophy.

Rookie Ryan Reyes, on the other hand, earned the 2008 Rookie of the Year honor after besting Coca-Cola's Ronjay Buenafe and Welcoat's Joe De Vance.
2759961019_3be49258d3_m.jpg

Williams, who drove the Sta. Lucia Realtors to their first-ever Philippine Cup crown this season, garnered totaled 2,762 points to Arwind Santos' 1,775 and Jayjay Helterbrand's 1,158 and it is widely believed the 6-foot-6 Fil-Am truly deserves the citation.

"It's been an awesome year and winning the MVP is the icing on the cake," said Williams, wearing a brown Barong Tagalog, brown pants and white sneakers.

2760790540_0afa0cb175_m.jpg
The fourth Fil-Am player to win the MVP after Ricky Brown, Asi Taulava and Eric Menk, Williams said it felt great winning the award but he stressed "my main purpose is to honor God and help my team grow."

The points were based from final statistics and votes cast by the media, players, television coveror and the PBA, plus his statistical points.

The reigning slam dunk champion averaged 18.2 points, 10.7 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 0.9 steals and 0.6 blocks in 53 games.

Philippine Cup champion Sta. Lucia Realty had the most number of players to win an award with Williams, Reyes and Omolon going home with five honors among themselves.
2760808050_327ea1d37e_m.jpg

Air21, Ginebra and Alaska had two awardees each while Coca-Cola, Talk n Text and Red Bull had one apiece.

"It's a bountiful harvest for us after all these years. It's harvest time and I think it's about time. It's the most rewarding season for the team," said Sta. Lucia govenor Buddy Encarnado.

Williams, Santos and Helterbrand were automatically voted into the Mythical First Team along with Coca-Coca's Asi Taulava and Ginebra's Mark Caguioa.

2760793194_f9b008b84e_m.jpg
Alaska's Willie Miller, the only guard to have won the MVP trophy twice, led the Second Team along with teammate Sonny Thoss, Red Bull's Cyrus Baguio, Purefoods' Kerby Raymundo and SLR's Bitoy Omolon.

Baguio copped the Most Improved Player plum.

Williams, Santos, Reyes, Purefoods' Marc Pingris and Air21's Wynne Arboleda made up the All-Defensive Team with Talk N Text's Ali Peek the unanimous choice for the Sportsmanship award.

CONGRATULATIONS BARANGAY GINEBRA!2008 SMART PBA FIESTA CUP CHAMPIONS!
and also this season's individual awardees!

Is that a MVP of the PBA James YAP running away thats is so gay ..if i were there i will give terrence leather slap in the face before i stabbed him todeath...fu**k u guys u all there but u cant stand for yourself just for only 1 stupid guy ..when i see some guys running away its ticking me off...i will giveJames Yap some slap in the face and smack in front of his teammate to learn how to be a man ..stupid gay Yap stand up.
devil.gif
devil.gif

Purefoods TJ Giants' Noy Castillo hangsjersey

THERE will be no more golden finish for the man known as The Golden Boy.

Noy Castillo, one of Purefoods' most trusted veterans, has decided to call it quits after 10 years of playing in the Philippine Basketball Association.

Castillo's decision to retire was confirmed by Purefoods board governor Rene Pardo in a text message to Standard Today.

The 6-0 guard was taken in by Purefoods after playing one season for the Shell Turbochargers.

The sweet-shooting Castillo quickly provided the team's weakness on the perimeter game as he blended well with some of the team's mainstays thatincluded Alvin Patrimonio, Jerry Codiñera and Rey Evangelista.

He was a member of the Purefoods champion team of 2005-2006 Philippine Cup and part of the RP team that competed in the Busan Asian Games handled by JongUichico.

Castillo's decision to hang his jersey came barely a month after another veteran-Evangelista-also called it quits.

"They (Castillo and Evangelista) have been a major part of the team and helped the squad to become what it is now. They are good professionals and nevergave us problems in their long years of service," said Pardo.

Former Purefoods coach Eric Altamirano also had memorable moments handling both players.

"Noy is one of my best clutch shooters while Rey was instrumental in helping me win my first championship," said Altamirano.

Evangelista is reportedly being considered to become a member of the team's coaching staff where he is expected to share his knowledge on the defensiveend.

Source: http://www.manilastandardtoday.com
---------------------------------------------------------------
good luck to Noy and Rey on their retirement and the possibilities of being a coach, asst. coach, trainer, basketball analyst, commentator and etc!

YOUNG 'UNS TAKE CENTERSTAGE IN GRAND PBA 34TH SEASON OPENING
Rivals Coca-Cola & Talk N Text usher in Philippine Cup hardcourt wars
Friday, 03 October 2008

THE thrust of its 2008-09 playing calendar centered on the youth, the PBA will have popular children performers for its special guests when its 34th Seasonformally kicks off on Saturday at the Araneta Coliseum.

Child actor Makisig Morales shares centerstage with the world renowned Las Pinas Boys Choir and Cynthia Lora, winner of the World Championship of thePerforming Arts (WCOPA), during the elaborate, colorful opening ceremonies preceding the lone encounter between Talk N Text and Coca-Cola

Also joining them in the 4 p.m. rites are 2008 UAAP Cheerdance competition champion U.P. Pep Squad and the Koine Children's dance group.

"The young ones are the future of the country and to show that the PBA cares for the youth, we're dedicating the entire season to them," saidcommissioner Renauld "Sonny" Barrios.

The league's activity for the youth already began last week as kids from the Maharlika Village in Taguig visited the Purefoods TJ Giants in their practiceat the Ynares Sports Arena accompanied by Barrios and US ambassador to the Philippine Kristie Kenney.

The Giants later on held a special basketball clinic for their young visitors.

Capping the hour-long program is the traditional parade of teams and muses.

At 5:30 p.m., hostilities in the season-opening Philippine Cup start as the new-look Talk N Text franchise renews its rivalry with old nemesis Asi Taulava andCoca-Cola.

Now known by their new monicker Tropang Texters, the PLDT franchise will parade four of its rookie acquisitions - No. 2 pick Jared Dillinger, Jason Castro (No.3), big man Rob Reyes (No.4) and guard Pong Escobal (no. 11) against an intact Tigers squad.

The following day, action shifts to the Cuneta Astrodome as Fiesta Conference runner-up Air21 clashes with top rookie pick Gabe Norwood and the Rain or ShineElasto Painters in the first game (4:00 p.m.) of an explosive Sunday doubleheader.

The Alaska Aces take on the star-studded San Miguel Beermen in the main game set at 6:30 p.m

Back
Top Bottom