triLbiejenna wrote:
Flashout01 wrote:
mogzz04 wrote:
did they drop the max salary?

back in the day, i remember it was 500K/month

still 500k but some gets 700-750k.

i think that's what they call "under the table"
wink.gif

actually bro its not "under the table" as you want to call it.. this is how usually goes, players get to received a max pay on whatever amount theyalready signed.. but due to incentives, bonuses they get more than that in a monthly basis and these are all stated on their signed contracts...

not even considering their tenureship on their current team, players are almost the same just like an ordinary employee.. normally the players that's beenon their team for a long time, they are the one's gettin the serious pay check..

even after they retired some are promoted to management level which is very evident now..

another note, would you be that there's a coach that gets 1.3M for a monthly pay!

hope you get the picture on how these people get paid...
happy.gif

Originally Posted by jepeh21

Originally Posted by I3

Only 350k a season?
a month for the max salary guys, and it used to be 500k per month during the patrimonio era but a few years back they made it 350k a month, i forgot the reason, must be a collective bargaining agreement

it was noli eala who was the one who ordered to lessen the max pay during the financial crisis in 2001 or 2002 i think.

Originally Posted by lbj19

Originally Posted by jepeh21

Originally Posted by I3

Only 350k a season?
a month for the max salary guys, and it used to be 500k per month during the patrimonio era but a few years back they made it 350k a month, i forgot the reason, must be a collective bargaining agreement

it was noli eala who was the one who ordered to lessen the max pay during the financial crisis in 2001 or 2002 i think.
yeah i think you are right but just like flash said these players get a whole lot of bonuses depending on how the team perform in the season likewinning games and getting to the playoffs etc etc...

anyway to give some updates: what a coincidence that the Orlando Magic made 23 3pt FG's for the nba record as well

[table][tr][td]TNT BLASTS SMB IN SERIES OPENER[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tropang Texters' guns ablaze[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Wednesday, 14 January 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Back in action after almost a three-week layoff, Talk n Text jumped out of the gate and beat the weary San Miguel Beer side by a mile in the opener of their KFC PBA Philippine Cup Final Four showdown at the Araneta Coliseum Wednesday.

The Tropang Texters rained down a record-tying 23 three-pointers on the Beermen and carved out a lopsided 129-100 win at the start of their own best-of-seven semis showdown.

But to Talk n Text coach Chot Reyes, the series is just starting Friday.

"In my mind, the series is just about to start," said Reyes.

"We knew San Miguel was very tired coming from the wildcard round and the Ginebra (quarterfinals) series. We were worried how sharp we would be but we're really thinking on relying on our energy," Reyes explained.

"But it's just one game in a long series. They were able to rest their key players in this game. Now, we have to be ready for their big fightback," Reyes added.

Renren Ritualo, Mark Cardona, Jimmy Alapag, Jason Castro, Yancy de Ocampo, Ranidel de Ocampo, Jared Dillinger and Yousif Aljamal combined for the triples matching the all-time league most number the same team established last conference.

San Miguel knocked in 11 three-pointers in the game ending up as the highest-scoring regulation game in the season thus far.

Connecting practically from all corners, the Tropang Texters pounded and pummeled the Beermen right in the first quarter and completed the rout for the decisive head start in the series.

It was lopsided from the opening period with the Tropang Texters shooting 57.7 percent from the field and overwhelming the Beermen, 39-18.

Surprisingly sharp and in great shape though coming from a long respite, the Tropang Texters took the half at 64-38 and sustained their domination of the badly stunned Beermen up to the finish.

The Tropang Texters curiously shot better from the three-point range (54.8 percent) than from the two-point zone (45.3 percent) in dealing the Beermen the 29-point blowout -- the third worst defeat in coach Siot Tanquingcen's defeat.

The De Ocampo brothers, Alapag, Castro and Cardona combined for nine triples in the first quarter alone.

Ritualo, Cardona, Alapag, Castro and Yancy de Ocampo each pumped in at least three treys and all finished with at least 14 points.

Left behind early, the Beermen weren't able to put a fight anymore, struggling so much in their sixth game in the playoff phase of the All-Filipino tourney.

Essentially, San Miguel, a wildcard round survivor, was into the game only in the initial salvos, engaging Talk n Text in two deadlocks and one lead change.

The Tropang Texters broke the game wide open early on an dizzying 18-to-nothing run from a 10-8 count. (NC)

The scores:

Talk n Text 129 -- Ritualo 24, Cardona 21, Alapag 20, Castro 17, De Ocampo Y. 14, De Ocampo R. 10, Carey 8, Peek 7, Dillinger 5, Aljamal 3, Reyes 0, Lao 0.

San Miguel 100 -- Washington 29, Pennisi 19, Pingris 11, Seigle 10, Hontiveros 9, Gonzales 6, Villanueva 5, Custodio 4, Tugade 4, Baguion 2, Pena 1, Bono 0.

Quarterscores: 39-18, 64-38, 100-65, 129-100 [/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PBA PHILIPPINE CUP 2008-09[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SEMI-FINALS[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]- SEASON 34 PBA Philippine Cup 2008-09[/td] [/tr][tr][td]OFFICIAL GAME STATISTICS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]VENUE: ARANETA COLISEUM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ATTENDANCE:[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]DATE: Wednesday January 14, 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]GAME NO: 100 : Final Report[/td] [/tr][tr][td]REFEREES: Cruz, Ting, Maurillo.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Deadlocks: 2 Leadchanges: 1[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td][size=-2]QT 1[/size][/td] [td][size=-2]QT 2[/size][/td] [td][size=-2]QT 3[/size][/td] [td][size=-2]QT 4[/size][/td] [/tr][tr][td][size=+1]TALK N TEXT[/size][/td] [td][size=+1]129[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]QUARTER SCORING[/size][/td] [td]39[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]FBREAK[/td] [td]ATT[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]2CH. PTS.[/td] [td]9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Coach: Chot Reyes[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]64[/td] [td]100[/td] [td]129[/td] [td] [/td] [td]PTS[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]T.O. PTS.[/td] [td]33[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]PLAYERS[/td] [td]MINS.[/td] [td]TOT[/td] [td]3-Point FGs[/td] [td]2-Point FGs[/td] [td]Free Throws[/td] [td]Rebounds[/td] [td]Misc.[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]Fouls[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NO.[/td] [td]P[/td] [td]Name[/td] [td]PLYD[/td] [td]Points[/td] [td]MD[/td] [td]ATT[/td] [td]%[/td] [td]MD[/td] [td]ATT[/td] [td]%[/td] [td]MD[/td] [td]ATT[/td] [td]%[/td] [td]TOT[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]UNF[/td] [td]TOT[/td] [td]TOT[/td] [td]WA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Ritualo, Ren Ren[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]57.1%[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]100.0%[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]100.0%[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Cardona, Mark[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]50.0%[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]46.2%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Alapag, Jimmy[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]60.0%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]100.0%[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Castro, Jason[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]75.0%[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]50.0%[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]100.0%[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]De Ocampo, Yancy[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]80.0%[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]50.0%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]33[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]De Ocampo, Ranidel[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]33.3%[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]60.0%[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]100.0%[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]Carey, Harvey[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]44.4%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]34[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Peek, Ali[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]60.0%[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]50.0%[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Dillinger, Jared[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]20.0%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]50.0%[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Aljamal, Yousif[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]50.0%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Reyes, Rob[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]98[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Lao, Gilbert[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TEAM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]Team TO[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td] [td]240[/td] [td]129[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]54.8%[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]53[/td] [td]45.3%[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]70.6%[/td] [td]46[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TOTAL FGs[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]95[/td] [td]49.5%[/td] [td] [/td] [td]TECH. FOULS:[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td][size=-2]QT 1[/size][/td] [td][size=-2]QT 2[/size][/td] [td][size=-2]QT 3[/size][/td] [td][size=-2]QT 4[/size][/td] [/tr][tr][td][size=+1]SAN MIGUEL[/size][/td] [td][size=+1]100[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]QUARTER SCORING[/size][/td] [td]18[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]FBREAK[/td] [td]ATT[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]2CH. PTS.[/td] [td]14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Coach: B. Tanquingcen[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]38[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]100[/td] [td] [/td] [td]PTS[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]T.O. PTS.[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]PLAYERS[/td] [td]MINS.[/td] [td]TOT[/td] [td]3-Point FGs[/td] [td]2-Point FGs[/td] [td]Free Throws[/td] [td]Rebounds[/td] [td]Misc.[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]Fouls[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NO.[/td] [td]P[/td] [td]Name[/td] [td]PLYD[/td] [td]Points[/td] [td]MD[/td] [td]ATT[/td] [td]%[/td] [td]MD[/td] [td]ATT[/td] [td]%[/td] [td]MD[/td] [td]ATT[/td] [td]%[/td] [td]TOT[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]UNF[/td] [td]TOT[/td] [td]TOT[/td] [td]WA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]23[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]Washington, Jay[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]33.3%[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]71.4%[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]75.0%[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]34[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Pennisi, Mick[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]66.7%[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]50.0%[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]100.0%[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Pingris, Marc[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]83.3%[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]50.0%[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]42[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Seigle, Danny[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]25.0%[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]85.7%[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Hontiveros, Dondon[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]66.7%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]100.0%[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Gonzales, Wesley[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]50.0%[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]25.0%[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]50.0%[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Villanueva, Jonas[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]50.0%[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]100.0%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Custodio, Bonbon[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]12.5%[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]100.0%[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]Tugade, Lordy[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]50.0%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]50.0%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]27[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Baguion, Froilan[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]50.0%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]Pena, Dorian[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]50.0%[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]41[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Bono, Kenneth[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TEAM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]Team TO[/td] [td]1[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td] [td]240[/td] [td]100[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]40.7%[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]57[/td] [td]40.4%[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]77.8%[/td] [td]53[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TOTAL FGs[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]84[/td] [td]40.5%[/td] [td] [/td] [td]TECH. FOULS:[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

I was at both semis games last night. TNT was just waxing hot from downtown. It was mayhem behind the TNT bench.

69 points on 3's alone, that has to be demoralizing to watch for any beermen fans, i really don't have any team to root for since my giants have beeneliminated early, i still think the pingris-rico trade was a bad move. anyway hope whoever wins this series wins it all, i hate alaska and slr.
laugh.gif

Same thing happened when TNT defeated SMB here in Singapore when they played an exhibition match, consecutive 3s from Ren Ren and Jimmy....Danny Siegledidn't play that time though...

I hope TNT goes to the Finals so I have access to all games. Haha. Seriously, I'd like an Alaska-TNT finals series.

Originally Posted by gijace

^soul228, do you know jonas personally?

I used to when I was still studying at FEU and he was still on the Team B serving residency. Nice person. But I'm not so sure if he would recognize metoday. That was a long time ago
laugh.gif

Oh, I see
grin.gif
It's because his younger brother Jerome V. from San Beda is a friend of mine, whenever he's in Bulacan we always play Ball. Yup, Jonas is a niceperson, I remember one time we are playing, he watched and coached us for about half an hour.
laugh.gif

Talk 'N Text displayed tremendous endgame poise in overtime as it downed San MiguelBeer, 116-115, in Game 6 of their semifinals series to book a Finals seat in the KFC-PBA Philippine Cup Sunday night at the Cuneta Astrodome inPasay City.

While Alaska defeat Sta. Lucia Realtors 86 -82. Arrange best of 7 championship for All Filipino Conference Title.

He who laughs last, laughs best! hahahahaha...cardona had the last laugh against the SMB crowd last night.

Originally Posted by normanesque

He who laughs last, laughs best! hahahahaha...cardona had the last laugh against the SMB crowd last night.

Siguradong magkaka-alaskahan sila ni Larry Fonacier sa Finals.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]AIR21, PUREFOODS & GINEBRA IN PLAYER CAROUSEL[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Allado, Canaleta newest Giants; Kings welcome Intal, Kramer, Lanete[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Monday, 26 January 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td] It could well be known on Tuesday if Air21 will sport a new name starting the coming PBA Fiesta Conference.

If ever, the Express will come out in the next conference with a new name, a new coach and a new look.

Air21 on Monday close trade deals with Purefoods and Barangay Ginebra, getting a major change in its lineup while hoping the PBA Board approves its bid for a name change - Air21 to Burger King - in a meeting Tuesday at the PBA office in Libis, Quezon City.

The Express gave away Don Allado, Nino Canaleta, JC Intal and Doug Kramer, and in return gained Beau Belga, Chad Alonzo and three future picks (Ginebra's first round selections in 2012 and 2013 and another from Purefoods).

Allado and Canaleta went to Purefoods while Intal and Doug Kramer moved over to Ginebra. Chico Laneta was part of the deal, first going to Air21 before ending up with Ginebra.

"We got a surplus of players on the entry of Cyrus Baguio and Celino Cruz. What we did was to balance our lineup with a properly-planned trade deal," said Air21 governor and team manager Lito Alvarez.

"We didn't opt for draft picks in the near future because we're happy with the lineup we've got. We opted for 2012 and 2013, thinking that's the time the likes of Wynne Arboleda and Homer Se are retiring," Alvarez added.

Alvarez also believes the movement will serve in good stead all the players concerned.

"Arwind Santos is playing around 35 minutes a game for us. So more or less 13 minutes are left for KG (Canaleta) and JC (Intal). I think, KG and JC will get more exposure in their new teams," explained Alvarez, adding the same on the cases of Allado and Kramer.

The Giants and the Kings, meanwhile, welcomed their new recruits with open arms.

"We filled in our injured spots," said Ginebra coach Jong Uichico.

"Don Allado will help us strengthen our rotation at center spot. He has a deadly perimeter jumper and solid post moves. He is also one of the best post defenders in the league. KG, on the other hand, is an explosive athlete who can score from the inside and all the way from the three-point area. He's a consistent scorer who can compliment the games of Kerby Raymundo, James Yap and Rico Villanueva," said Purefoods coach Ryan Gregorio.

"We had problems in scoring last conference. I hope with Allado and Canaleta on board, our inability to score can be addressed," Gregorio added. (NC)

[/td] [/tr][/table]

Wow... New Faces for THE BARANGAY GINEBRA and on top of it, No One has been shipped-out on the current line-up! I just wish we could have some firepower in theFrontCourt 'coz some of them are all ready Aging... We could have acquired Allado instead of Kramer! Sayang, hehehe!

^hmm...getting allado and canaleta i think is good for them but letting go of lanete..hmm..i have my reservations on that move. (although they still have aban,a decent scorer and a better defender than lanete)

Back
Top Bottom