OFFICIAL PBA THREAD

jason castro played really well in game 7, made the difference with his penetration down the lane. mac was his usual self, props to tnt, bawi uli alaska nextconf, it sucks to see the aces missing 3 chances to tie it (devance and miller's ft and miller's drive)

hey huys did you notice the irony on both teams:

Tnt: Chot n MVP (Ateneans) with Ren Ren and Mac Mac (DLSU)

Alaska : Joaqui Trillo (DLSU) with LA and Larry (ADMU), you could also add Joel Banal hehe

napamura pa si renren at the dugout interview,haha
roll.gif

Fonacier did a very good job guarding Cardona..but Willie Miller just choked big time.. 2 free throws missed by Devance and Miller that could have sealed thewin

Jason Castro
pimp.gif

Great series. I thought Alaska was gonna get the W with the free throws. Congrats to both teams.

Talk n Text FTW
pimp.gif

i was watching game 6 online and i can't help but notice yung laro ni dvance masyadong tira ng tira sa labas, buong game he never posted up or anythingeither spot up sa 3 or driving to the basket face up, wala syang back to the basket game, and i really thought he was a beast when welcoat drafted him as theno 1 pick, anyway i'm no tnt fan pero i'm glad they won kasi ayoko talaga sa alaska, hehe...anyway ok na din si coach chot, he won a championship withPF din naman
pimp.gif

Jason Castro fought very hard! He was down on the floor after fouling Hugnatan for a long time until the stretcher came to pull him out and he suddenly stoodup as if nothing happened.

Great game!!!

Too bad for Jared, he wasn't able to do much coz of foul trouble!!!

Devance choked.... Miller? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... I saw Cone stared at him in disbelief.... 2 missed foul shot and a layup very near the basket..... DonMiller!!!

Congrats to TNT!!!

Clutch shot by Carey and free throwsby Alapag sealed it.... Ang sexy ng mga Binibining Pilipinas candidates and Angelica Panganiban.... hmmm....

Originally Posted by Gameover2

Originally Posted by EugeneCruise

Originally Posted by Gameover2

^ People who say that Cardona taunted Tenorio on that play have a very weak argument. Macmac
pimp.gif
FTW!
Not if you are just a few feet away... I am no Alaska fan as I hate Cariaso as much as I hate Macmac....
I hate Macmac too cause I'm from Ateneo. But dude is just too good that I can't hate on him any longer. I may not like him but i respect and appreciate his game. Besides, video shows no taunting so I'll let it pass.

Dude,

No worries... i respect your opinion... I just saw it that way coz its different to see it live than in the video... just like Renren trash talking at minumurapa si LA inside the court...

You can easily see Devance nerves before he shoot the free throw... the deep breath showed he will miss both charities...

Jason Castro's game was the biggest factor in Game 7. I can't imagine his body after that fall pero he just shrugged it off, tatayo na sya dapatkaso the physicians present did not allow him to get up rught away... Ilang beses nya binastos si Hugnatan

Well Congrats to TNT, still hate Yabang Cardona though...

I hope Mark Caguioa comes back next conference - IDOL!

congrats to TnT...well played series..it boils down to miss free throws....basic, fundamentals in basketball which is really taken forgrated...might as wellchange its name coz they are not actually free nowadays...hehehe..

guys, ive noticed something on game 7..correct me if im wrong, is willie miller sporting the AZK4 all star edition???it's on the newspaper..PhilippineStar...

Originally Posted by airJOBO

congrats to TnT...well played series..it boils down to miss free throws....basic, fundamentals in basketball which is really taken forgrated...might as well change its name coz they are not actually free nowadays...hehehe..

guys, ive noticed something on game 7..correct me if im wrong, is willie miller sporting the AZK4 all star edition???it's on the newspaper..Philippine Star...

yup he was wearing it...

panalo .. ayos.. ano bago sa pba?buhay pa ba sila distrito at caidic saka sila paras...pa OT lng mga bro ..wala kasi magawa..

Originally Posted by Flashout01

i think "the ninja" will not be wearing 3 stripes anymore...

Why not?

Did his contract expire? I haven't seen him in anything other than Adidas

In the Semis he was even wearing the new TS Bounce Commanders

i always see him during practices he's already wearing swoosh

the funny thing is Omolon is always wearing swoosh off court and in practice,

but when it's game he puts on the Stars on the side

Whoa haha, maybe J.Yeo's not digging the Adidas styles
this year.

Omolon feels Wade on the court and goes House of Hoops off it?

I always thought he idolizes Wade with his #3 and always wearing high socks somewhat mimicking Wade's Padded Legs from a few years back.

Originally Posted by 1and12

Omolon feels Wade on the court and goes House of Hoops off it?

I always thought he idolizes Wade with his #3 and always wearing high socks somewhat mimicking Wade's Padded Legs from a few years back.
Me too.
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Shorter elims, more exciting playoffs[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Monday, 23 February 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
THE Philippine Basketball Association returns to the inter-intra format for the season-ending 2009 Motolite Fiesta Conference which formally kicks off next week in Dumaguete City with a game between Burger King and Sta. Lucia.

Newly-crowned Philippine Cup champion Talk `N Text banners Group B while runner-up Alaska is in Group A, whose classification and the rest of the eight teams were based on their respective rankings in the eliminations of the just concluded first conference.

Joining the Aces in Group A are Rain or Shine, Sta. Lucia, Burger King and Coca-Cola, while with the Tropang Texters at the other end include San Miguel, Purefoods, Barako Bull and defending champion Barangay Ginebra.

Teams in their respective groups play each other once while meeting twice those belonging from the other group for a total of 14 games each during the elimination phase from February 28 to May 20.

The top two teams after the elims advance to the semis outright, while the rest play in the wildcard stage (May 22-27).

In the playoffs, the No. 3 and 4 teams enjoy a twice-to-beat edge over Nos. 10 and 9, respectively, while the remaining squads (No. 5 against No. 8 and No. 6 versus No. 7) figure in a do-or-die duel, with the four survivors gaining berths in the quarterfinals slated for May 29 - June 3.

The quarterfinal phase will be a best-of-three series pitting the wildcard 1 winner opposite wildcard 4, and wildcard 2 playing wildcard 3. The teams emerging victorious enter the best-of-seven semifinals.

Set from June 5 - 19, the Final Four will have the top seeded team facing the two quarterfinal winners for the right to play in the best-of-seven Finals.

The championship series is set June 21 to July 5.

Included in the conference calendar is a long two-week break from March 29 to April 11 to give way for the Holy Week and the RP men's basketball team's campaign in the South East Asian Basketball Association (SEABA) qualifying tournament for the FIBA-Asia championship.

Two weeks after that, the league takes another respite for the staging of the PBA All-Star Week that will feature PBA - Team Pilipinas going up against the North and South selections reinforced with imports.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Good set of imports this conference imo

since its a import enforced conference here is my all time list of great imports: hope you guys can share yours
happy.gif

1. sean chambers
2. lamount strothers
3. kenny redfield/Bobby parks
4. chris king
5. james penny/ andrew lang

Back
Top Bottom