OFFICIAL PBA THREAD

Henry James, Jumping Joward, Briggs, Chris King, Chris Alexander, Billy Ray Bates, Chris Porter and all Brgy. Ginebra/ Gordon's Gin and Anejo Imports!

Originally Posted by 1and12

Originally Posted by Flashout01

i think "the ninja" will not be wearing 3 stripes anymore...

Why not?

Did his contract expire? I haven't seen him in anything other than Adidas

In the Semis he was even wearing the new TS Bounce Commanders

saw parts of the game today, yeo was wearing the del sols. miranda east all star huarache 09 and omolon lakers away hd

Originally Posted by jason16

Good set of imports this conference imo

since its a import enforced conference here is my all time list of great imports: hope you guys can share yours
happy.gif

1. sean chambers
2. lamount strothers
3. kenny redfield/Bobby parks
4. chris king
5. james penny/ andrew lang
my faves are : Bobby Parks, Dexter Shouse, David Thirdkill, Darren Queenan, Kenny Redfield, Mike Jones, Tony Harris

wow..talk n text...team zk4
alapag, ritualo, peek, cardona wearing zk4 del sol
carey - carpe diem
T.Wade - Gold flightposite
Hamilton - CB hyperdunk

Originally Posted by airpopoy629

wow..talk n text...team zk4
alapag, ritualo, peek, cardona wearing zk4 del sol
carey - carpe diem
T.Wade - Gold flightposite
Hamilton - CB hyperdunk
any pics???

didn't notice crisano is with the barako bulls already, name sounds weird
roll.gif

[table][tr][td]YAP LEADS PUREFOODS OVER TNT[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7 Giants bang in 12 or more in high-scoring win[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Sunday, 01 March 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Brian Hamilton waited for the tournament proper to dish out his game, providing Purefoods Tender Juicy tremendous boost in a triumphant debut in the Motolite PBA Fiesta Conference.

Hamilton produced a triple-double job with 22 points, 16 rebounds and 10 assists in his first official game in the local pro league, powering the Giants to a 131-121 win over the Philippine Cup champions Talk n Text Tropang Texters Sunday at the Araneta Coliseum.

The former Lousiana Lafayette mainstay became the first import to debut in the league with a triple-double performance since Dennis Williams came through with 28 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists for Shell in the 1997 Governors Cup.

"To tell you honestly, I was not excited looking at Brian in our practices. But there are players who are game players. I'm happy with what he showed us tonight," said Purefoods coach Ryan Gregorio of his import.

James Yap, Enrico Villanueva, Don Allado, PJ Simon, Roger Yap and Kerby Raymundo also put in significant numbers, inspired by the performance of Hamilton -- a mere replacement to Reggie Larry who got injured in a tuneup match.

Hamilton and the six key local Giants all scored in double figures, combining for all but eight of the team's highest output in five years.

James Yap knocked in three triples and finished with a team-high 33 points with Villanueva and Allado adding 15 apiece, Simon and Roger Yap 13 each and Raymundo 12.

Talk n Text import Tiras Wade also had an impressive debut with 36 points, 14 rebounds and six assists but seemed to tire out, slowing down in the fourth quarter.

"Part of our pre-game talk was that we wanted to wear them down. They're still in a hangover pace. We did wear our running shoes and wear them down," said Gregorio.

In a shootout marked by 12 lead changes and four deadlocks, the Giants emerged victorious by pouncing on the Texters in the last 15 minutes of play.

Down by six at the half, the Giants surged ahead, 108-99, after the third and poured on the heat in the final period.

The Giants completed a strong finish though Raymundo fouled out and Villanueva sat out the last three minutes after hurting his right foot.

"It's nice because we came in with a lot of healthy players. Hopefully, nothing's wrong with Rico," said Gregorio.

The two teams engaged in a shootout early with both shooting above 50 percent to combine for 136 points in the first half.

Tiras Wade accounted for 21 while going 7-of-11 from the field and 7-of-9 from the stripe in a hot first half he also laced with eight rebounds and three assists against two turnovers.

Hamilton kept pace with Wade at the start, churning out 12 points, five rebounds, two assists and two steals as the Giants enjoyed a 42-32 lead after the first period.

Talk n Text held Purefoods down to 42.9-percent shooting in the second quarter as the Texters surged ahead going into the final half. (NC)

The scores:
Purefoods 131 - Yap J. 33, Hamilton 22, Villanueva 15, Allado 15, Simon 13, Yap R. 13, Raymundo 12, Vergara 3, Canaleta 3, Alvarez 2.

Talk N' Text 121 - Wade 36, Cardona 16, Ritualo 14, Peek 13, De Ocampo R. 12, Alapag 12, Castro 9, De Ocampo Y. 6, Carey 2, Dillinger 1.

Quarterscores: 42-32, 65-71, 108-99, 131-121 [/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by i3asuncion

Henry James, Jumping Joward, Briggs, Chris King, Chris Alexander, Billy Ray Bates, Chris Porter and all Brgy. Ginebra/ Gordon's Gin and Anejo Imports!

co-sign sir!!!!!!!!!!malaking AMEN........would like to add Reggie Fox, Gerald Honeycutt (he was there import for a while) my all time fave Henry James!!(whose now in jail
tired.gif
) and Torray Braggs.napa-champion niya ang Ginebradi ba? when he played for them?saw him wearing the all black flight premieres for the whole season.and to my suprise, when he left the Pba, he had a briefstint with the Houston Rockets in the Nba. grabe, naging kakampi niya si T-Mac and Yao Ming kahit sandali lang!.
laugh.gif
btw, would you happen to know what shoes was Sean Daniels (Burger King Titansimport) was wearing in their first outing against SLR? SLR's import (Anthony Johnson) was rocking the Kevin Durant Blue Chips right?anyone?thanks!!

Thanks RED

^^ yeah thats a good idea, but it's hard to find the latest PBA pictures on the net. I guess you'd have to take your own.

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

^^ yeah thats a good idea, but it's hard to find the latest PBA pictures on the net. I guess you'd have to take your own.

onga eh, whenever you look for some madalas mga pics from last season etc lalabas, that's why i suggested it baka meron mga NTers na madaming PBA pics toshare, thanks in advance!

TY Tang was wearing the latest Olympic 6 in their game against Barako. Barako's import was wearing Foams Black/Red.

Is Sol Mercado injured? Saw him inside but not in uniform.

Espinas botched dunk ala Grant Hill TV commercial was funny...

Thanks Dre! I remember the incident na, way back last conference... It was do or die for them and both Sol and Gabe are suspended and they decided to have Solplay Game 4.

^^aww baka wala sa network.. sayang..

saw rod nealy wearing what i think were orange blaze retros 8s and sullinger was wearing the lbj vi east.. does taulava still wear accel or did he switch tonike already?

[table][tr][td]IMPORT-LESS BEERMEN SURPRISE ALASKA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Villanueva leads SMB with career-high 27 points[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Wednesday, 04 March 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
ANTIPOLO CITY. -- Nate Carter was all set to make a splash in the Philippine Basketball Association but an unexpected twist spoiled his debut and prompted San Miguel Beer to show up with an all-Filipino roster in its conference debut.

His absence though hardly had a jolting effect on the Beermen as Jonas Villanueva dished out a superb performance and led San Miguel Beer to a 93-89 victory over the Alaska Aces Wednesday night in the 2009 Motolite-PBA Fiesta Conference.

jonas_8121.jpg

Before sellout crowd at the Ynares Center, Villanueva put on repertoire that made him look like an import as the Beermen won against the Aces for the first time in three meetings this season.

Villanueva led all scorers with a career-high 27 points on a 9-of-13 shooting from the field and was virtually unstoppable in the first half when the Beermen took control of the game.

"I guess it was a blessing," SMB coach Siot Tanquingcen said after the win. He said they learned that Carter couldn't play only few minutes before gametime.

The Beermen placed Carter's PBA debut on hold after the import's agency - Passing Lane -- failed to secure a clearance from the Pro B league in France - the league Carter last played in before planning in and signing up with San Miguel. Reports said the SMB import abandoned his team, Saint-Etienne B.C.

Tanquingcen said Carter claimed "he left the team because he wasn't being paid. And that the team gave him permission to leave."

Actually, Carter has 15 days to accomplish the requirement but apparently, SMB didn't want to risk paying P500,000 should the world governing body of the sport learned that Carter was allowed to play without a clearance - a must for all imports around the globe.

Although he didn't say that he is giving Carter the pink slip, Tanquingcen said he and his coaching staff will burn the lines starting Wednesday night and try to shop around for a possible replacement.

Dondon Hontiveros scored 22 points and Bonbon Custodio added 13 for the Beermen who also overcome the absence of injured Danny Ildefonso and Mark Pingris, and the fouling out of Dorian Pena and Jay Washington, four minutes apart midway in the fourth quarter.

The Aces, who trailed by as many as 17 points late in the third quarter, pulled within 73-78 on two free throws by Young with 5:12 remaining.

But Alaskalost the momentum on the next play when San Miguel Beer center Samigue Eman scored in the lane and drew a foul on Galen Young, who called it a night with 4:54 remaining after scoring 12 points and 10 rebounds.

For the third time since tying the record of the legendary Virgilio "Baby" Dalupan in Game 5 of the recent KFC Philippine Cup finals against Talk 'N Text, Tim Cone was denied from notching his 602[sup]nd[/sup] victory that would make him the winningest coach in the league.

The absence of Carter didn't seem to bother the Beermen, who completely controlled the first half with Villanueva exploding for 13 points while hitting all his five attempts from the floor including 3-for-3 from the 3-point range.

Villanueva scored 10 points in the opening quarter and SMB capitalized on seven turnovers by Alaska in the period to race to a 25-12 lead and never look back.

Five of those Alaskaturnovers were committed by Young, who struggled in the first half against his former team. He scored just two points on 1-of-7 shooting.

The Beermen extended the lead to 31-15 on back-to-back threes by Ken Bono and Dondon Hontiveros, one and 30 minute in the second quarter.

Joe Devance (19 points) and Jeffrey Cariaso (14 points) picked up their rhythm late in the second quarter and combined to score Alaska's last 14 points of the period as the Aces trimmed SMB's lead to just 44-38 at halftime. (DBC)

The scores:

San Miguel Beer 93 - Villanueva 27, Hontiveros 22, Custodio 13, Bono 8, Gonzales 6, Pennisi 5, Washington 4, Racela 3, Pena 3, Eman 2, Baguion 0.

Alaska 89 - Devance 19, Thoss 15, Cariaso 14, Young 12, Dela Cruz 11, Hugnatan 6, Miller 5, Fonacier 4, Tenorio 3.

Quarterscores: 25-12, 44-38, 71-56, 93-89.

[/td] [/tr][/table]

i wish pba.ph would have a photos section , anyway jonas in zkiv's and miller in lebron's, forgot the name of the shoe

^^yeah, that site would surely get a lot of hits! advertising would make a killing.. dont know why they havent done it yet..

yeah the pba website is kinda whack, they should try to make the website better like put clips and each team should also have their official websites as wellto accommodate pba fans around the globe.

^^^ Zoom lebron ambassador..

I saw jonas picked up those kobe IV's in trinoma last saturday..

mac cardona's back with the huarache 08 bb, maybe the zkiv isnt working for him.. or the entire talk n text team since they just lost 2 in a row..dillinger i think was wearing the cp3 II anthony johnson of slr has the kd blue chips on while omolon is back on the star with the converse team assist.. tiraswade's flightposites are real nice, very classy

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

saw willie miller today wearing what i think were jordan trunners or something similar lol
really, baka jordan xx3 lows?

anyway:

[table][tr][td]YAP, GUIAO EXCITED OVER ALL-STAR TUNEUP[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Thursday, 12 March 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Purefoods superstar James Yap is thrilled over the FIBA Asia-bound Philippine team's forthcoming tuneup games with import-reinforced PBA selections during the All-Star Weekened next month.

"Magandang konsepto yon," said Yap during a break in Monday's practice at The Arena in San Juan.

"Kahit papano, makakaharap namin yung mga imports. Pag dating kasi sa ibang bansa, halos ganoon din maglaro yung makakalaban namin. Dito mate-test ang RP team."

Talk 'N Text's Chot Reyes, who coached the RP Team to ninth place in the 2007 FIBA Olympic qualifier in Tokushima Japan, will call the shots for the North squad that will test the mettle of Asi Taulava and company in Victorias, Negros Occidental on April 22.

Alaska's Tim Cone, who mentored the RP squad that wound up third in 1998 Bangkok Asian Games, and his South team get their shot against the Nationals on April 24 in Panabo, Davao del Norte.

PBA commissioner Renauld 'Sonny' Barrios will name three imports each for the North and South selections.

The All-Star team set to play on April 26 at the Araneta Coliseum will be comprised by the starters of both North and South and beefed up by the four remaining imports left out by the Commissioners Office. Handling the team is Reyes.

Two other games with a visiting Australian squad in early April are also in the works.

Guiao said competition is the only missing element in the Nationals' preparation.

"Attendance has improved, chemistry is good, and the guys have settled down to their respective roles. Actual competition is really the problem," said Guiao. "We've been practicing by and with ourselves, and we can't really test our progress."

The tuneup games with the North and South All-Star teams, Guiao said, have given him reason to be excited.

"We're looking forward to being truly competitive against them, not just go through the motions," he said. "After all, I'm sure the star players, other than those in this team, also want to prove something - that they deserve to be in the national team."

Is he open to the possibility?

"I'm not closing the door on anyone, but it would really take a lot to break into the national team, especially ngayon na marami na kaming napagsamahan," Guiao said.

The arrival of 6-foot-10 Japeth Aguilar from the States in May is also something the national mentor is looking forward to.

"I've been speaking with his father (ex-Northern Consolidated player Peter Aguilar) and nothing has changed from what we've agreed upon when we first talked," Guiao said. "We're just waiting for Japeth to join team practice."
[/td] [/tr][/table]

^^it was weird nga eh, i was staring at it for so long and i couldnt figure out what it was.. i even thought it wasnt nike or jordan.. the closest thing icould think of was the trunners

Back
Top Bottom