Official PC thread.

Yeah start up beep.
When helping my boy with his build, everything would power on, all fans and ligths and everything but it wouldn't post, and weren't getting any beeps.
We just sent back the Mobo. Didn't think to clear cmos though

Originally Posted by omgitswes

roll.gif
least all is well now.
Guess I'll go ahead and update my drivers then
Yup. Go ahead. 
I wish I had the presence of mind to turn on my TV/monitor last night. Could've saved me a ton of effort today. Been using the small monitor while installing Windows (VGA resolution). What a facepalm moment.
laugh.gif

Speaking of beeps... I don't really use the motherboard speaker. I don't think my motherboard has a spot for one.
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

roll.gif
least all is well now.
Guess I'll go ahead and update my drivers then
Yup. Go ahead. 
I wish I had the presence of mind to turn on my TV/monitor last night. Could've saved me a ton of effort today. Been using the small monitor while installing Windows (VGA resolution). What a facepalm moment.
laugh.gif

Speaking of beeps... I don't really use the motherboard speaker. I don't think my motherboard has a spot for one.
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

Just wanted to ask... do you guys use headphone stands? I'm considering building one for my A40s to rest on. Just need some inspiration. Not sure if I'd make it out of scraps of wood or out of scrap metal. Most probably wood, though. Currently using a women's bag hook for now. 
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Was thinking along the lines of this:

astro-headset-hanger-gallery-(3).jpg

too bad these are already sold out. Might stick it onto my PC Chassis' side panel as well.

Found a good site while I was browsing, too. http://www.head-fi.org/t/249671/the-diy-headphone-stand-thread/1095 People really are mad creative. 
smokin.gif

Just wanted to ask... do you guys use headphone stands? I'm considering building one for my A40s to rest on. Just need some inspiration. Not sure if I'd make it out of scraps of wood or out of scrap metal. Most probably wood, though. Currently using a women's bag hook for now. 
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Was thinking along the lines of this:

astro-headset-hanger-gallery-(3).jpg

too bad these are already sold out. Might stick it onto my PC Chassis' side panel as well.

Found a good site while I was browsing, too. http://www.head-fi.org/t/249671/the-diy-headphone-stand-thread/1095 People really are mad creative. 
smokin.gif

Looks like aluminum would be a more logical choice. Just need to see if we have some scraps left over at the office.

Looks like aluminum would be a more logical choice. Just need to see if we have some scraps left over at the office.

Anybody else looking forward to the new NVIDIA Kepler-based GPUs?
nerd.gif
Really hope they release something soon. Rumors in the past few hours are indicating the GTX 680 (the GTX 580 replacement?) to be the first one out . Hope that's true.

Anybody else looking forward to the new NVIDIA Kepler-based GPUs?
nerd.gif
Really hope they release something soon. Rumors in the past few hours are indicating the GTX 680 (the GTX 580 replacement?) to be the first one out . Hope that's true.

I'm in the extreme minority but I really like the Windows 8 CP.  Spent several hours with it today in the office, it has a lot of potential, people just need to forget there's a mouse attached to their PC. 
laugh.gif

The keyboard is king in Windows 8, which is pretty damn ironic given MS's desire to move away from keyboard shortcuts in the past.

I'm in the extreme minority but I really like the Windows 8 CP.  Spent several hours with it today in the office, it has a lot of potential, people just need to forget there's a mouse attached to their PC. 
laugh.gif

The keyboard is king in Windows 8, which is pretty damn ironic given MS's desire to move away from keyboard shortcuts in the past.

Originally Posted by ehh

I'm in the extreme minority but I really like the Windows 8 CP.  Spent several hours with it today in the office, it has a lot of potential, [color= rgb(255, 153, 255)]people just need to forget there's a mouse attached to their PC. [/color]
laugh.gif

ehh
no.
indifferent.gif

W7 forever (2020)
pimp.gif

& my desk is good enough for a "headphone stand" *shrug*

Originally Posted by ehh

I'm in the extreme minority but I really like the Windows 8 CP.  Spent several hours with it today in the office, it has a lot of potential, [color= rgb(255, 153, 255)]people just need to forget there's a mouse attached to their PC. [/color]
laugh.gif

ehh
no.
indifferent.gif

W7 forever (2020)
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by ehh

laugh.gif

ehh
no.
indifferent.gif

W7 forever (2020)
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

I'm making a "headphone hanger" now... not a stand. The table/desk I built was too small.
laugh.gif
It was only meant to be a temporary thing until my room gets renovated, anyway.

Just finalizing the design before I have the Aluminum sheet cut and bent. Going be cut out of one-piece. Been busy so far this week; might be done with it by the weekend.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by ehh

laugh.gif

ehh
no.
indifferent.gif

W7 forever (2020)
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

I'm making a "headphone hanger" now... not a stand. The table/desk I built was too small.
laugh.gif
It was only meant to be a temporary thing until my room gets renovated, anyway.

Just finalizing the design before I have the Aluminum sheet cut and bent. Going be cut out of one-piece. Been busy so far this week; might be done with it by the weekend.

Just found out that the Windows 7 search bar on the Start Menu only searches drive C:\. Anybody have an idea how to enable searches on other drives as well?
nerd.gif

Just found out that the Windows 7 search bar on the Start Menu only searches drive C:\. Anybody have an idea how to enable searches on other drives as well?
nerd.gif

Never mind, it seems that you only need to include the drive/partition in the indexing. Oh well, learned something new today.
laugh.gif

Never mind, it seems that you only need to include the drive/partition in the indexing. Oh well, learned something new today.
laugh.gif

By the way, project update:

Fabrication already done. Wasn't sure which finish I wanted... so I made two pieces -each with a different finish.
laugh.gif
I had one painted black and the other one anodized grey. The painted one should be ready for finishing by today, and the anodized one by next week.
423408_10150608763203736_593738735_9206379_771126564_n.jpg

By the way, project update:

Fabrication already done. Wasn't sure which finish I wanted... so I made two pieces -each with a different finish.
laugh.gif
I had one painted black and the other one anodized grey. The painted one should be ready for finishing by today, and the anodized one by next week.
423408_10150608763203736_593738735_9206379_771126564_n.jpg

W8 has to grow on me. I have it installed on a spare laptop and have been trying to use it, but I always come back to my W7 desktop. It looks nice, but isn't functional enough for me yet. Maybe once I learn everything about it I'll use it regularly.

W8 has to grow on me. I have it installed on a spare laptop and have been trying to use it, but I always come back to my W7 desktop. It looks nice, but isn't functional enough for me yet. Maybe once I learn everything about it I'll use it regularly.

Back
Top Bottom