Official PC thread.

Officially sold my Brand New RMA'ed Inno3D GTX 560 Ti earlier. Good riddance.
pimp.gif

Come on Kepler! Need that GTX 680!

Actually completed the whole transaction in less than three hours from posting. Met up with the dude and he paid right away.
laugh.gif

Actually completed the whole transaction in less than three hours from posting. Met up with the dude and he paid right away.
laugh.gif

Hey guys,
I posted here a few pages back about trading in my laptop (HP DV6 6b15ed) for a game pc. Unfortunatly one that had my interest was sold so I'm still looking for one.

I found a guy who is willing to trade his machine for my laptop. It has the following specs:

Motherboard: asus p6t 

GPU: I7 920 @ 2.67ghz

Graphics card: Saphire HD 4870 x 2

Memory: 6gb OCZ gold triple channel kit 

My laptop has an A8 AMD Quad Core GPU and 8 Gigs of memory. I'm mostly playing NBA 2k12 along with shooters. I want them to play at max settings and preferably on my 40 inch led tv. My laptop was about $800 when I purchased it in January. Can someone please give me an expert opinion on this system based on my preferences and value? Thanks in advance!!

Hey guys,
I posted here a few pages back about trading in my laptop (HP DV6 6b15ed) for a game pc. Unfortunatly one that had my interest was sold so I'm still looking for one.

I found a guy who is willing to trade his machine for my laptop. It has the following specs:

My laptop has an A8 AMD Quad Core GPU and 8 Gigs of memory. I'm mostly playing NBA 2k12 along with shooters. I want them to play at max settings and preferably on my 40 inch led tv. My laptop was about $800 when I purchased it in January. Can someone please give me an expert opinion on this system based on my preferences and value? Thanks in advance!!

Originally Posted by k0befomvp

Hey guys,

yeah... just keep your laptop. with that setup you can max 2K12; for the shooters, it's doubtful. 
By the way, if you can cop a dedicated PC monitor to use for this PC, that would be much better than using a TV as a monitor. It might sound like a great idea from the start, but from personal experience (using 32" one as a monitor myself, and not really fond of it), you'd need to distance yourself quite significantly from your TV, to keep from getting dizzy/getting your eyes sore, since the pixels are bigger than the ones on monitors. Not to mention the colors and contrast seem way off . 
sick.gif

Hey guys,

yeah... just keep your laptop. with that setup you can max 2K12; for the shooters, it's doubtful. 
By the way, if you can cop a dedicated PC monitor to use for this PC, that would be much better than using a TV as a monitor. It might sound like a great idea from the start, but from personal experience (using 32" one as a monitor myself, and not really fond of it), you'd need to distance yourself quite significantly from your TV, to keep from getting dizzy/getting your eyes sore, since the pixels are bigger than the ones on monitors. Not to mention the colors and contrast seem way off . 
sick.gif

Hey guys,

I have a similar PC as that one, except I OC the 920, RAM is same brand but Platinum version. 4890 crossfire.
I play on a 23 inch monitor. Best I can do on BF3 is medium settings 
mad.gif

I dont know about MW3, but since its the same as MW2 I figure I can get high frames.

That and my PC are obsolete 
frown.gif

Hey guys,

I have a similar PC as that one, except I OC the 920, RAM is same brand but Platinum version. 4890 crossfire.
I play on a 23 inch monitor. Best I can do on BF3 is medium settings 
mad.gif

I dont know about MW3, but since its the same as MW2 I figure I can get high frames.

That and my PC are obsolete 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

I see what you did there.
laugh.gif

Sell your stuff and upgrade while you still can. When the new stuff goes out prices will drop fast. That's why I got rid of my PS3 and GTX 560 Ti ASAP.

laugh.gif

Sell your stuff and upgrade while you still can. When the new stuff goes out prices will drop fast. That's why I got rid of my PS3 and GTX 560 Ti ASAP.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Periwinkle said:
anyone tried a mechanical keyboard before? I only bought one because my $40 newegg google offer was going to expire and I didn't really need anything.

newegg?

im guessing you got a rosewill then?

what do you want to know about mechs?

I got the Cooler Master Storm Quickfire rapid keyboard, I was going to get the Razor Ultimate one, but a lot of people have problems with the quality. I don't really know much about them, but I know that people say they feel better and that the inputs register quicker.

I received mine today. I thought it was going to be pretty hard to change the key layout because I use dvorak, but it was very easy with the tool they provided. It took some getting used to though. I tried playing a game and it is definitely different compared to a regular keyboard. After a few hours I do feel it is better than a regular keyboard. My other keyboard is a Logitech G15 btw.

Things about the keyboard, it feels very sturdy, like the keyboard itself is pretty dense and the cable is strong. The letters on the keyboard, you can def feel them when typing, but that's a good thing because it doesn't seem like it would wear off easily. People say the key tapping is loud, but it's not too bad.

Periwinkle said:
anyone tried a mechanical keyboard before? I only bought one because my $40 newegg google offer was going to expire and I didn't really need anything.

newegg?

I got the Cooler Master Storm Quickfire rapid keyboard, I was going to get the Razor Ultimate one, but a lot of people have problems with the quality. I don't really know much about them, but I know that people say they feel better and that the inputs register quicker.

I received mine today. I thought it was going to be pretty hard to change the key layout because I use dvorak, but it was very easy with the tool they provided. It took some getting used to though. I tried playing a game and it is definitely different compared to a regular keyboard. After a few hours I do feel it is better than a regular keyboard. My other keyboard is a Logitech G15 btw.

Things about the keyboard, it feels very sturdy, like the keyboard itself is pretty dense and the cable is strong. The letters on the keyboard, you can def feel them when typing, but that's a good thing because it doesn't seem like it would wear off easily. People say the key tapping is loud, but it's not too bad.

Oh no, the legends will wear off easily since they are pad printed. But luckily, you can switch keycaps when they do.

And the cm is a pretty good keyboard for the price. I recently got one and it has been my daily driver since it came in.

Oh no, the legends will wear off easily since they are pad printed. But luckily, you can switch keycaps when they do.

And the cm is a pretty good keyboard for the price. I recently got one and it has been my daily driver since it came in.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Man, your 560 died fast. You only had it for 4-5 months right?

Im thinking of selling both 4890s and putting that money towards a 7950. I actually want to switch to nvidia, but I dont know how long I can wait now. 

If I could get $100 for both cards...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Man, your 560 died fast. You only had it for 4-5 months right?

Im thinking of selling both 4890s and putting that money towards a 7950. I actually want to switch to nvidia, but I dont know how long I can wait now. 

If I could get $100 for both cards...

Hey guys,

sick.gif
Thanks for your reply! The thing is, at the moment my laptop is always just laying in my studyroom closed and connected to a pc monitor. On the other side of the room is my living room where I drilled a hole trough the wall and pulled a HDMI cable trough. So it's not like I will use my tv as monitor permanently. The thing is, my Xbox broke so I want a good game PC that I can replace my xbox with so I want to have good and fluent image on my tv. I guess I will look furhter. Thanks!

Hey guys,

sick.gif
Thanks for your reply! The thing is, at the moment my laptop is always just laying in my studyroom closed and connected to a pc monitor. On the other side of the room is my living room where I drilled a hole trough the wall and pulled a HDMI cable trough. So it's not like I will use my tv as monitor permanently. The thing is, my Xbox broke so I want a good game PC that I can replace my xbox with so I want to have good and fluent image on my tv. I guess I will look furhter. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Periwinkle

newegg?

Not a fan of the Tenkeyless layout (I use it quite often), but this is a solid keyboard. I'm assuming you got the one with the Cherry Mx Red switches?
nerd.gif
 I definitely became a fan of that after trying out my friend's Corsair K60 keyboard (with that said, that is a well-built keyboard as well, good aesthetics, but the left-hand palm rest feels too cheap and plasticky for me. K90 is definitely better).

newegg?

Not a fan of the Tenkeyless layout (I use it quite often), but this is a solid keyboard. I'm assuming you got the one with the Cherry Mx Red switches?
nerd.gif
 I definitely became a fan of that after trying out my friend's Corsair K60 keyboard (with that said, that is a well-built keyboard as well, good aesthetics, but the left-hand palm rest feels too cheap and plasticky for me. K90 is definitely better).

Back
Top Bottom