Official PC thread.

Originally Posted by grandtheftbike

any good gaming desktop recommendations besides building your own? budget is around ~$1,000. thanks ntpc fam

dell xps 8300

3.4GHz i7
8GB Ram
1TB hd
upgrade to the radeon 6870 (for $250
sick.gif
)
total is $1,049.99
use the code: LM?BF7P$FR9KCK to save $50 making the total $999.99

or just build your own
smokin.gif

any good gaming desktop recommendations besides building your own? budget is around ~$1,000. thanks ntpc fam

dell xps 8300

3.4GHz i7
8GB Ram
1TB hd
sick.gif
)
total is $1,049.99

or just build your own
smokin.gif

Do you have a desktop now? If you have a quad core then you might be able to use that.

Do you have a desktop now? If you have a quad core then you might be able to use that.

thanks man. i don't know much about desktops in general but how does the alienware x51 compare?
The X51 is nice for what it is. You will play on medium to high with most games even with the 555ti card. 

thanks man. i don't know much about desktops in general but how does the alienware x51 compare?
The X51 is nice for what it is. You will play on medium to high with most games even with the 555ti card. 

yeah, i've been eyeing the x51 for a while now but had some mixed feelings after reading some of the reviews on there.  my current desktop is pretty outdated
laugh.gif
so i'll be likely to make a purchase soon

yeah, i've been eyeing the x51 for a while now but had some mixed feelings after reading some of the reviews on there.  my current desktop is pretty outdated
laugh.gif
so i'll be likely to make a purchase soon

didnt know it was so "easy" to upgrade the x51.
the xps 8300 would be better if you want a more powerful machine in a bigger tower but the x51 is good enough for todays games & has a better looking case ( plus power brick)

didnt know it was so "easy" to upgrade the x51.
the xps 8300 would be better if you want a more powerful machine in a bigger tower but the x51 is good enough for todays games & has a better looking case ( plus power brick)

Originally Posted by sladewilson

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Still waiting on my GTX 680 to arrive... looks like it's delayed until first thing next week. It better be here before I go out of town by Wednesday morning. 
ohwell.gif

Anyway... copped this for the meantime.
smokin.gif
 My eyes are getting teary-eyed from using my Samsung 32" LED TV as a computer monitor @ 1366 x 768 
sick.gif

monitor-dell-u2312hm-overview1-new.jpg

dell outlets ?
nope, no such thing as those out here. Just resellers. 
laugh.gif
 I know it's much cheaper out there in the US. But this thing will cost a ton shipping it to here. 
sick.gif
 Was supposed to pick up the ASUS PA238Q (which was a bit cheaper here), but it was out of stock for another 3 weeks or so.
Great monitor so far. No dead pixels, backlight bleeding, and no ghosting so far. My eyes are thanking me now. 
happy.gif
 Just need the damn GTX 680 to get here on Tuesday! I heard it's in Japan already on its way here.

Originally Posted by sladewilson

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Still waiting on my GTX 680 to arrive... looks like it's delayed until first thing next week. It better be here before I go out of town by Wednesday morning. 
ohwell.gif

Anyway... copped this for the meantime.
smokin.gif
 My eyes are getting teary-eyed from using my Samsung 32" LED TV as a computer monitor @ 1366 x 768 
sick.gif

monitor-dell-u2312hm-overview1-new.jpg

dell outlets ?
nope, no such thing as those out here. Just resellers. 
laugh.gif
 I know it's much cheaper out there in the US. But this thing will cost a ton shipping it to here. 
sick.gif
 Was supposed to pick up the ASUS PA238Q (which was a bit cheaper here), but it was out of stock for another 3 weeks or so.
Great monitor so far. No dead pixels, backlight bleeding, and no ghosting so far. My eyes are thanking me now. 
happy.gif
 Just need the damn GTX 680 to get here on Tuesday! I heard it's in Japan already on its way here.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

dell xps 8300

3.4GHz i7
8GB Ram
1TB hd
sick.gif
)
total is $1,049.99

or just build your own
smokin.gif
Yup... better off building your own, fam. Will save you a lot of money... and you get what you want in the process. 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

dell xps 8300

3.4GHz i7
8GB Ram
1TB hd
sick.gif
)
total is $1,049.99

or just build your own
smokin.gif
Yup... better off building your own, fam. Will save you a lot of money... and you get what you want in the process. 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom