Official PC thread.

^ Thanks. Still a work in progress. Putting in more work this weekend. Hope that some of the stuff I ordered from Performance-PCs will be in the country by then.

the case is a Cooler Master Cosmos II. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics... too lazy to grab my DSLR.
laugh.gif

^ Thanks. Still a work in progress. Putting in more work this weekend. Hope that some of the stuff I ordered from Performance-PCs will be in the country by then.

the case is a Cooler Master Cosmos II. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics... too lazy to grab my DSLR.
laugh.gif

Grabbed my PowerShot G12 (still was too lazy to grab the DSLR
laugh.gif
) and took better photos. The iPhone 4's still is no match for a dedicated camera. 
sick.gif

6966461118_4b327e6c78_c.jpg

6966460654_3ce99b53f4_c.jpg

6966461650_22ec63ebf9_c.jpg

Grabbed my PowerShot G12 (still was too lazy to grab the DSLR
laugh.gif
) and took better photos. The iPhone 4's still is no match for a dedicated camera. 
sick.gif

6966461118_4b327e6c78_c.jpg

6966460654_3ce99b53f4_c.jpg

6966461650_22ec63ebf9_c.jpg

That looks really dope man, loving those lights. That case is gorgeous.

So I'm learning about servers now, and looking to build my own once I get my own place.
Can someone shed some light on RAID controllers, like why would I need one?
And from the looks of it, looks like RAID 6 is the way to go when building a home server just for media. Am I right?

That looks really dope man, loving those lights. That case is gorgeous.

So I'm learning about servers now, and looking to build my own once I get my own place.
Can someone shed some light on RAID controllers, like why would I need one?
And from the looks of it, looks like RAID 6 is the way to go when building a home server just for media. Am I right?

Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by grandtheftbike

looking for a really good usb wifi adapter. any recommendations? thanks ahead of time

Any Linksys or D-Link Wi-fi adapter should do.

D-Link DWA-121 Wireless N 150 Pico Adapter IEEE 802.11g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2-PSK, WPA/WPA2-EAP)
http://www.newegg.com/Pro...spx?Item=N82E16833127348

Didn't realize they've become so small these days.
eek.gif
Too bad that isn't available locally. Would've been more compact for my dad's HTPC setup.

Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by grandtheftbike

looking for a really good usb wifi adapter. any recommendations? thanks ahead of time

Any Linksys or D-Link Wi-fi adapter should do.

D-Link DWA-121 Wireless N 150 Pico Adapter IEEE 802.11g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2-PSK, WPA/WPA2-EAP)
http://www.newegg.com/Pro...spx?Item=N82E16833127348

Didn't realize they've become so small these days.
eek.gif
Too bad that isn't available locally. Would've been more compact for my dad's HTPC setup.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Originally Posted by KkennethJ

If you're looking to play games alot on your computer I suggest you invest (150-250 should get you a much better one) in a much more powerful video card, the video card is the most important piece of hardware for any gamer. Check slick deals from time to time, they have 480s and 560s for roughly 200. If you buy a lower end one now you'll just have to update sooner. But if its just 1 game you're concerned about then do you.

And I'm using the G110 atm but I only really got it cause I can customize the backlight to purple. Overall is a nice keyboard with audio ports on it and a usb 2.0 port, 12 macro keys and 3 profile settings.
I do plan on investing in a mechanical keyboard in the near future, leaning towards the Razer Black Widow Ultimate... unless anyone else knows a mech keyboard with backlighting.
You might be interested in the Corsair Vengeance K90. Uses Cherry Mx Red switches which I really love. 
pimp.gif

http://www.corsair.com/vengeance-ga...rformance-mmo-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.html

Purplish-blue backlighting.Has macro keys, though. Really nice keyboard. The K60's fine as well, but not a fan of that left-handed palm rest. Feels like cheap plastic. But the keyboard itself is solidly-built.

Really popular over here. Pretty much sold out everywhere.

Where's CWrite78? 
nerd.gif

Yeah. Don't skimp on a GPU. But don't go all-out, either. Consoles hold back game development, anyway. 
ohwell.gif
Good looks on that, I'll add that to my consideration.  I'll need to do some research before I finalize a purchase and maybe wait for some discounts (hate paying retail ;x)

560 for $170 for anyone interested:
GTX 560 Ti

Also I read some reviews that ivy bridge runs somewhat hotter and the upgrade from sandy bridge isn't as significant as the other generations. 
Maybe someone whose done more research can clarify this.

Good news is expect sandy bridge drive prices to drop.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Originally Posted by KkennethJ

If you're looking to play games alot on your computer I suggest you invest (150-250 should get you a much better one) in a much more powerful video card, the video card is the most important piece of hardware for any gamer. Check slick deals from time to time, they have 480s and 560s for roughly 200. If you buy a lower end one now you'll just have to update sooner. But if its just 1 game you're concerned about then do you.

And I'm using the G110 atm but I only really got it cause I can customize the backlight to purple. Overall is a nice keyboard with audio ports on it and a usb 2.0 port, 12 macro keys and 3 profile settings.
I do plan on investing in a mechanical keyboard in the near future, leaning towards the Razer Black Widow Ultimate... unless anyone else knows a mech keyboard with backlighting.
You might be interested in the Corsair Vengeance K90. Uses Cherry Mx Red switches which I really love. 
pimp.gif

http://www.corsair.com/vengeance-ga...rformance-mmo-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.html

Purplish-blue backlighting.Has macro keys, though. Really nice keyboard. The K60's fine as well, but not a fan of that left-handed palm rest. Feels like cheap plastic. But the keyboard itself is solidly-built.

Really popular over here. Pretty much sold out everywhere.

Where's CWrite78? 
nerd.gif

Yeah. Don't skimp on a GPU. But don't go all-out, either. Consoles hold back game development, anyway. 
ohwell.gif
Good looks on that, I'll add that to my consideration.  I'll need to do some research before I finalize a purchase and maybe wait for some discounts (hate paying retail ;x)

560 for $170 for anyone interested:
GTX 560 Ti

Also I read some reviews that ivy bridge runs somewhat hotter and the upgrade from sandy bridge isn't as significant as the other generations. 
Maybe someone whose done more research can clarify this.

Good news is expect sandy bridge drive prices to drop.

omgitswes, just curious... how's the RAM clearance with your Noctua NH-D14s?
nerd.gif
Looking at changing back to air cooling so my system is quieter. I didn't mind the noise before... now it's starting to bug me.
laugh.gif

Considering the Thermalright Silver Arrow at the moment, which has a similar heatsink and 140mm fans.
5689986785_0d3f498a5d.jpg

but then again... a WC cooler looks nicer. 
ohwell.gif

omgitswes, just curious... how's the RAM clearance with your Noctua NH-D14s?
nerd.gif
Looking at changing back to air cooling so my system is quieter. I didn't mind the noise before... now it's starting to bug me.
laugh.gif

Considering the Thermalright Silver Arrow at the moment, which has a similar heatsink and 140mm fans.
5689986785_0d3f498a5d.jpg

but then again... a WC cooler looks nicer. 
ohwell.gif

Nice setup, I'll post up a picture of my interior once I upgrade the mobo, cpu, cpu cooler and SSD.
Possibly after I do some cable management, its just atrocious right now.
laugh.gif

Nice setup, I'll post up a picture of my interior once I upgrade the mobo, cpu, cpu cooler and SSD.
Possibly after I do some cable management, its just atrocious right now.
laugh.gif

just tried BF3 with Anaglyph (blue/red) 3D glasses. It works... but the colors are way off. Hard to tell friend or foe.
sick.gif
Made my eyes hurt.

NVIDIA 3D Vision should be better.

The thing with 3D though is that you need at least an SLI setup to run things smoothly. Cut my fps in half in BF3 trying to render 2 images on the screen at once.

just tried BF3 with Anaglyph (blue/red) 3D glasses. It works... but the colors are way off. Hard to tell friend or foe.
sick.gif
Made my eyes hurt.

NVIDIA 3D Vision should be better.

The thing with 3D though is that you need at least an SLI setup to run things smoothly. Cut my fps in half in BF3 trying to render 2 images on the screen at once.

I have plenty of clearance. My ram doesn't have any heatspreaders though. I think if it would of had them it might not fit

I have plenty of clearance. My ram doesn't have any heatspreaders though. I think if it would of had them it might not fit

I see. So that means, if ever I do consider switching back over to air... I'd have to get Low-Profile RAM.

A custom watercooling setup still sounds real tempting, though. I just don't know if I can justify the cost... and if it runs quieter. No doubt it looks much nicer.
laugh.gif

I see. So that means, if ever I do consider switching back over to air... I'd have to get Low-Profile RAM.

A custom watercooling setup still sounds real tempting, though. I just don't know if I can justify the cost... and if it runs quieter. No doubt it looks much nicer.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom