Official PC thread.

haven't really been playing anything lately. waiting on that mankind divided, 3 more days.

Only had a pc for a couple months and now I want to upgrade to 4k.

Already fell into the "it's not enough trap."
mean.gif

People in a reddit thread expect AMD's Vega architecture to be on par or above the gtx 1080 and below the rumored gtx 1080ti.

Vega 11 should be able to do 4k/60fps just fine with some settings turned down, according to what I read.

Fury X does 4k/30fps across the board from benchmarks.

inb4 just get a 1080

Last edited:

Only had a pc for a couple months and now I want to upgrade to 4k.

Already fell into the "it's not enough trap."
mean.gif

People in a reddit thread expect AMD's Vega architecture to be on par or above the gtx 1080 and below the rumored gtx 1080ti.

Vega 11 should be able to do 4k/60fps just fine with some settings turned down, according to what I read.

Fury X does 4k/30fps across the board from benchmarks.

inb4 just get a 1080

30 FPS is not enough sir.....trust me.

The Titan X Pascal can handle 4k at 60fps for most titles.

Also don't get tunnel vision on just focusing on the GPU part of the equation.

You still need a decently overlocked CPU so you don't bottleneck the GPU.

30 FPS is not enough sir.....trust me.

The Titan X Pascal can handle 4k at 60fps for most titles.

Also don't get tunnel vision on just focusing on the GPU part of the equation.

You still need a decently overlocked CPU so you don't bottleneck the GPU.
I have an i5 6600k/cooler master cpu cooler, but I've not overclocked it.

That cpu should do fine right?

Surely, I don't need an i7 for 4k.

Last edited:

An i5-6600K is more than capable of handling any single graphics card on the market, including the new ones from Nvidia.

i7 only needed for hyperthreading and streaming. i5-6600k can handle anything right now

so I got the TP-Link adapters. using it now currently It boosted the speed a little bit compared to wifi. it is now DL at 18 MB/s which is better than the 6-8 on wifi. but It was still 40-50 MB/s from the direct modem. lol did i waste my money or is it going to get better as it links better (does that even sound remotely possible? )

Also I just realized I have the xfinity modem than my regular modem that im connected to for all my wifi devices. can i just use this link to directly connect to that modem keep this modem upstairs now and have even better wifi through out the house. I can still direct connect from that modem from that modem to the xbox (wouldn't be damn near the same?

so I got the TP-Link adapters. using it now currently It boosted the speed a little bit compared to wifi. it is now DL at 18 MB/s which is better than the 6-8 on wifi. but It was still 40-50 MB/s from the direct modem. lol did i waste my money or is it going to get better as it links better (does that even sound remotely possible? )

Also I just realized I have the xfinity modem than my regular modem that im connected to for all my wifi devices. can i just use this link to directly connect to that modem keep this modem upstairs now and have even better wifi through out the house. I can still direct connect from that modem from that modem to the xbox (wouldn't be damn near the same?
I wouldn't use anyway wifi adapters but only LAN connections thru an ethernet cord.

What type of modem are you using? What is you internet speed? I ask because you may need to update you modem and router(not a 2 n 1 model) to get the speed you are paying for.

I wouldn't use anyway wifi adapters but only LAN connections thru an ethernet cord.

What type of modem are you using? What is you internet speed? I ask because you may need to update you modem and router(not a 2 n 1 model) to get the speed you are paying for.

When i first got the xfinity modem i didn't realize it was wifi also but i already had my linksy (probably over 5-6 years old) im not a tech person so I didn't know how to set up the wifi with it. I probably dont need the linksy at all but i still had it connected. the x finity modem is probably a year and half old. maybe 2.

I see the xfinity box in my wifi connection list. but i still use the linksy. it just sort of dawned on me that it's probably slowing me down since now im going through 2 routers just for internet. .
edit:

LOOKING at the connection my linksy wifi is the same as my xfinity wifi modem and im 3 floors up from it (modem in the basement im on the 3rd floor upstairs.

Last edited:

When i first got the xfinity modem i didn't realize it was wifi also but i already had my linksy (probably over 5-6 years old) im not a tech person so I didn't know how to set up the wifi with it. I probably dont need the linksy at all but i still had it connected. the x finity modem is probably a year and half old. maybe 2.

I see the xfinity box in my wifi connection list. but i still use the linksy. it just sort of dawned on me that it's probably slowing me down since now im going through 2 routers just for internet. .
edit:

LOOKING at the connection my linksy wifi is the same as my xfinity wifi modem and im 3 floors up from it (modem in the basement im on the 3rd floor upstairs.
I would grab these two 

Amazon product ASIN B00AJHDZSI
Amazon product ASIN B006QB1RPY
But also like I said everything also depends on what connection speed you are paying for. I paying for 80 mbps so the Xifinity box will not produce the speeds I need and pay for.

Last edited:
My new setup....

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H55 57.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard 
Memory: A-Data XPG Z1 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory 
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Founders Edition Video Card 
Case: CFI Pharaoh Evo ATX Full Tower Case 
Power Supply: LEPA MaxBron 800W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply 
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSC0B DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit 

Last edited:
yea man i aint even know i could buy a seperate router they dont tell u that and its 20 a month. Ive been getting got for like 4 years

anyone else having trouble connecting bluetooth devices after the recent Windows 10 update?? I updated my my laptop on Friday and all my devices got unpaired, so when I tried pairing my phone and speaker to it again it wouldn't let me :smh:

Last edited:
I copped an NCase M1 back in January and finally got around to building in it.
i7-6700k

Noctua NH-C14

Asus Z170i Pro Gaming

G.Skill DDR4 Ram 3200MHz

Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

HGST 1TB 7200RPM 2.5" HDD

EVGA GTX 1070 FE

Corsair SF600
I love this case.  It started as a crowdfunding project and when that was successful they started doing production runs.  It's very small at around 12 liters but still has a lot of flexibility for cooling and components.  A bit more expensive than mass produced cases tho.  I copped a Dell S2716DG monitor yesterday that I should be getting in this week.  I've been using the same 1080p 60hz monitor for 6 years so I'm interested to see what 144hz and G-Sync is like.

I copped an NCase M1 back in January and finally got around to building in it.
i7-6700k

Noctua NH-C14

Asus Z170i Pro Gaming

G.Skill DDR4 Ram 3200MHz

Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

HGST 1TB 7200RPM 2.5" HDD

EVGA GTX 1070 FE

Corsair SF600
I love this case.  It started as a crowdfunding project and when that was successful they started doing production runs.  It's very small at around 12 liters but still has a lot of flexibility for cooling and components.  A bit more expensive than mass produced cases tho.  I copped a Dell S2716DG monitor yesterday that I should be getting in this week.  I've been using the same 1080p 60hz monitor for 6 years so I'm interested to see what 144hz and G-Sync is like.
MAN! that case is beautiful congrats on the build, that thing is a beast. What are you going to be playing?

Any of yall checking for this new attack on titan game?

I've yet to cop, but it's on my BF wishlist.

The devs seem to have done that anime justice. The way the game looks/feels exactly like watching the anime.

The main reason I built a pc in the first place.

21 more days.
pimp.gif

I've now had issues with battlefield 4 on 4 different platforms.

I had the campaign save diseapper problem on 360, xb1, and ps4.

On pc, now the game won't launch.

The bf4 icon pops up for a second, then it disappears.

task manager says bf4 is running. When I click task view, bf4 isn't listed.

I've already reinstalled it twice on a hdd and ssd.

Had this issue for a couple weeks now.

Battlefield 1 beta is :pimp:, but given my bf4 issues. 

I'll cop for the low, just for campaign mode.

Last edited:
Man I played through the BF4 campaign in one sitting. I just wanted the platinum but the campaign isn't really worth the trouble. Campaign is lackluster.

Man I played through the BF4 campaign in one sitting. I just wanted the platinum but the campaign isn't really worth the trouble. Campaign is lackluster.
I liked the campaign, especially how it started. 

With BF1 they don't even have to do much to make the campaign cool, just by the fact that it's WW1.

If campaign mode is emotional as when that german soilder from the trailer looks up at those mortor shells and closes his eyes because he knows he's dead, then BF1's campaign will be alright by me.

Gonna be putting a new rig together with a GTX 1070. Is that card really as good as it seems?

Back
Top Bottom