Official PC thread.

Can someone shed some light on an issue i am having with my internet?

I bought a netgear r7800 router and a netgear cm600 router. They were working perfectly fine for two months till last week. Before the issue I was getting at least 100 down, now im getting closer to 10 down. Called comcast and went through the troubleshooting and they sent a technician to my place today. I was not home, however he gave me a call and told me that it must be my modem because the signal from comcast is fine. Purchased a new modem and booted it up and still the problem remains. Only thing left is buy another router but before i go and do that I looked at the router and modem logs. Any advice on how to move forward? (there is more from the modem log but those are the usual suspects)

Router log consist of

[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source:.......

[DoS Attack: TCP/UDP Echo] from source:.......

Modem log consist of

Warning (5) MDD message timeout

Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;
I don't think anyone is targeting you with a denial of service attack... Nothing to gain from it and if they were your home network would likely be overloaded and brought down.

Can you do a tracert to google.com and post the log here?
Can you send me a link? I've never done this before.
hit your start button -> type "cmd" -> open command prompt -> type "tracert google.com" in the the command prompt

UCI just opened up an "esports arena".

40 computers

Each computer powered by:

i7-6700k
GTX 1080 Founder's
Asus Z170

Last edited:
15% off origin code expires on the 30th.

Can't be combined with the 50% off code.

Already tried.
embarassed.gif

5ZM582W6KEVU5HZ8LAHE

Ea helped me fix the bf4 issue that's been going on for a while.

Probably took 1.5-2h to fix.
  • Bf4 didn't launch
  • try as many self help options from bf forums
  • uninstall bf4
  • reinstall bf4
  • uninstall/reinstall onto hdd instead of ssd
  • run as admin
  • contact ea
  • turn off cloud saves
  • sign out/back into origin
  • move bf4 folder
  • make sure origin.exe/bf4.exe are set as run as admin
  • uninstall every component of origin manually 
    [h6]Manually uninstall the Origin client[/h6]
    If you remove Origin completely, you will lose access and the ability to play any downloaded games and manuals until you reinstall Origin. This also means you risk removing files that validate whether your games have the latest patch content and more. 

Once you remove these files, the next time you log into the Origin client, Origin will begin re-downloading all your games. 
    [h6]Remember to back up files before uninstalling Origin[/h6]
    If you need to un-install and re-install Origin, but you already have fully installed Origin games,back up the following files:
    1. From the Start menu, select Computer, and navigate through your hard drive—usually the  C:  drive—to Program Data, then Origin, and finally DownloadCache.
    2. Find and copy the files named xxxxx.file_crcs  to your Desktop, or somewhere safe.
    3. Uninstall then re-install the Origin client and move the .CRC  files back into the DownloadCache folder.
    When you run the Origin client, Origin should not try to redownload your games.
    [h6]How to uninstall the Origin client[/h6]
    You will need to edit your system registry and remove the folders in a two-part process. This will remove all traces of Origin from your system.

NOTE: Editing your computer's registry or files incorrectly can severely damage your operating system. We recommend having a computer professional perform these steps. If you are confident that you can edit your registry successfully, then carefully follow the instructions below.

Remove the Origin client files:
    1. Select Computer from the Start menu, 
    2. Select the hard drive; by default, Origin is installed on the C:  drive.
    3. Select the Program Files  folder; on 64bit systems, called Program Files (x86).
    4. Right-click the Origin  folder and select Delete.
    Backup your Windows registry:
    1. Hold down the Windows key  and press R.
    2. Type regedit at the Run command and select OK.
    3. Select File, then Export.
    4. Under Export Range, select All.
    5. Choose a location and name for the backup file, then select Save.
    Remove your Origin registry keys:
    1. From regedit, expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE  folder.
    2. Expand the SOFTWARE  folder, then the Wow6432node  folder.
      • You might see multiple Wow6432node folders; find the one with an Origin folder in it.
    3. Right-click the Origin  folder and select Delete.
    4. Expand the Microsoft folder.
    5. Expand the Windows  folder.
    6. Expand the CurrentVersion  folder.
    7. Expand the Uninstall  folder.
    8. Right-click the Origin  folder and select Delete.
  • reinstall origin
  • move save files to another folder
  • completely delete save files
  • Game works.
    alien.gif

Any of you guys have a Dell XPS13? Thinking bout ordering one, either that or a Lenovo X1 Carbon.

Still working on my build, though I'm pretty close to finalizing it.

This is what I got:

CPU
AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor
$149.87

Mobo
MSI 970 GAMING ATX AM3+ Motherboard
$84.99

RAM
Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory
$145.99

Storage
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
$69.99

GPU

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card
$449.95

Case
NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case
$66.99

Network
Intel EXPI9301CTBLK PCI-Express x1 10/100/1000 Mbps Network Adapter
$27.90

Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Chroma Wired Gaming Keyboard
$135.99

Sound Card
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx
$119.99

Anything you don't see(cooling, power supply, mouse, speakers etc) is because I already have it covered.

Anything I should switch up? (Only one I'm dead set on sticking with is the GTX 1070)

It's main use will be for gaming & video editing. Trying to get a youtube channel started, cause I want to be my own boss and set my own schedule

Might add a 2nd GTX 1070 after a while. That or jump up to the 1080ti

For info - it looks like the 4K textures add another 10gb or so on the install size.
forza horizon 3

forza horizon 3 pc code+xb1 code+$10 xbox code for $60

https://www.microsoftstore.com/stor...a-Horizon-3-for-Xbox-One/productID.5061286000

Karak

So out in the wilds this thing runs very well even with various MSAA settings at 1440p Ultra everything But the city right now is a resource drain. The game requires a restart for settings changes so right now seeing what the big impactor is there.

And ya this isn't Apex. Its best not even to assume that. They are very differently styled. Also the lack of HDR is insanely striking. Anyhoots back to testing. Also obviously the driver this wants is a Gameready driver as its a version higher than the current one on Nvidias site. So probably day one.
 So done testing until I get the day one drivers. So this is the latest non-day one drivers. Its solid with ultra at 1440p in the outdoor locations outside the city(no msaa). Good draw distances and pretty happy with that because honestly this game does some crazy ****. On an SSD. If you go into the city it goes way down and settings don't seem to really fix this.

Even setting everything hyper low the drop is still there. And its not CPU bound for me. Though it is using a good amount. So far I would say its ok at best and though it never dropped below 30 that's still crazy low and i can't say I am stoked about the city performance.

Dynamic Optimization is literally ****ing magic here jezuz. While the city drops now its much less. Damn. It wasn't working in bordered but it works in fullscreen and its pretty amazing. My god

2e8d2475ee.png

c263e03b49.png

30-60 for FPS choices

Performance is rock solid 60 but its capped. Drops when in the full static loading screens but then solid 60

Those settings in pic are used Running a i75820k at 3.9 GTX 1080 founders 32 gigs Also recording in obs on seperate drive at 40mb 1080p

Run it without vsync and you get UNLOCKED FPS

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom