Official PC thread.

So what's the difference between the 1080 that just released and this ti? I want to build a rig but PC specs are always increasing. I feel like no.matter what, I'll always be behind :lol:

Wouldn't you say that AMD is more the affordable alternative with solid performance?
Indeed. I have the rx 480 right now.

I'll never buy an nvidia card unless I stumble upon 2k laying on the ground.

Last edited:
Wouldn't you say that AMD is more the affordable alternative with solid performance?

Yes and No.

Spec for Spec, AMD give tremendous value to its consumers.

However, certain games are designed using Nvidia Gameworks in mind and AMD users are left to deal with performance issues and driver issues.

Fallout 4 had a lot of issues for AMD users in the first couple months.

So what's the difference between the 1080 that just released and this ti? I want to build a rig but PC specs are always increasing. I feel like no.matter what, I'll always be behind :lol:

Just go with what fits your budget at the time of building; you will always be behind :smh:

Just go with what fits your budget at the time of building; you will always be behind :smh:

Right^ the way I look at it, go as high as you can to future proof as much as you can afford, knowing and accepting that something more badass will be out sooner than later.

I'm happy knowing my 1060 can max out games on my display, and that's all I need, hope to remain that way for at least another year and a half.

So what's the difference between the 1080 that just released and this ti? I want to build a rig but PC specs are always increasing. I feel like no.matter what, I'll always be behind
laugh.gif
Just go with what fits your budget at the time of building; you will always be behind
mean.gif
I plan on starting a rig early next year. I was content with starting at 1440p/60fps but with all this 4k talk, I feel like I should go for 4k/60fps
laugh.gif
 I'm not really trying to go over 1.2k for this rig

4k/60FPS is going to require more than 1.2K if starting from scratch.

Right now the goal is to upgrade my CPU and Mobo on Black Friday

Last edited:
1.2k wont even cover the cost of gpu(s) to get 4k@60 ultra and its just not worth it unless you are rich

1080p@60 is still the standard at the moment so any of you maxing out at 1440p@60 are already ahead of most people

If I wanted to buy PC parts in advance where should I start? I don't plan on building til early next year but I'd definitely like to start gathering the parts now. Are the parts that I can buy now that won't matter i.e. cooler, RAM, power supply etc.

If I wanted to buy PC parts in advance where should I start? I don't plan on building til early next year but I'd definitely like to start gathering the parts now. Are the parts that I can buy now that won't matter i.e. cooler, RAM, power supply etc.

Even if you dont play games, MMO-Champion does an amazing job with their monthly 4-tier PC build classification system. I pretty much built the narwhal of last months configurations.

I've never been happier with my desktop..

Last edited:

Eh not necessarily. It just depends on what you want.

I'm completely satisfied with 1080p/60fps so I'll have my GTX 970 for a while.

Might be upping my CPU/MOBO soon though.

I love this 2500k ... just can't OC on this MOBO :frown:

Last edited:

I plan on starting a rig early next year. I was content with starting at 1440p/60fps but with all this 4k talk, I feel like I should go for 4k/60fps
laugh.gif
 I'm not really trying to go over 1.2k for this
Those parts brand new will easily surpass your $1200 budget.

Based on advice I receieved from here, only buy your parts 1-2 weeks before you assemble your pc.

Parts will become cheaper a week(s) later or something could arrive damaged.

None of my parts came damaged, but ups lost my inital power supply.

Can someone shed some light on an issue i am having with my internet?
I bought a netgear r7800 router and a netgear cm600 router. They were working perfectly fine for two months till last week. Before the issue I was getting at least 100 down, now im getting closer to 10 down. Called comcast and went through the troubleshooting and they sent a technician to my place today. I was not home, however he gave me a call and told me that it must be my modem because the signal from comcast is fine. Purchased a new modem and booted it up and still the problem remains. Only thing left is buy another router but before i go and do that I looked at the router and modem logs. Any advice on how to move forward? (there is more from the modem log but those are the usual suspects)

Router log consist of
[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source:.......
[DoS Attack: TCP/UDP Echo] from source:.......

Modem log consist of
Warning (5) MDD message timeout
Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;

Cant really give a good answer to that. What is the purpose of you wanting to buy in advance?
Save money?

Prices tend to fluctuate a lot. Some parts depreciate fast, some dont and some are affected by the market.
If a deal is too good to pass then you buy it in advance but like everyone has mention you risk holding on to a lemon
Even passive parts like a case can be defective. I encountered situations in the past where the power button was shorted and was useless.

I bought a netgear r7800 router and a netgear cm600 router. They were working perfectly fine for two months till last week. Before the issue I was getting at least 100 down, now im getting closer to 10 down. Called comcast and went through the troubleshooting and they sent a technician to my place today. I was not home, however he gave me a call and told me that it must be my modem because the signal from comcast is fine. Purchased a new modem and booted it up and still the problem remains. Only thing left is buy another router but before i go and do that I looked at the router and modem logs. Any advice on how to move forward? (there is more from the modem log but those are the usual suspects)

Router log consist of

Modem log consist of
Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
I don't think anyone is targeting you with a denial of service attack... Nothing to gain from it and if they were your home network would likely be overloaded and brought down.

Can you do a tracert to google.com and post the log here?

more than likely anything you buy now will be cheaper when you actually start the build. another reason you dont want to buy components over a extended period of time is the possibility of parts that are dead on arrival.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/ for the deals

Router log consist of

Modem log consist of

I don't think anyone is targeting you with a denial of service attack... Nothing to gain from it and if they were your home network would likely be overloaded and brought down.

Can you do a tracert to google.com and post the log here?

Can you send me a link? I've never done this before.

Back
Top Bottom