Official PC thread.

Just saw your post in the mac thread

These prices are crazy from both sides
laugh.gif
Your boy is being priced out of all markets 
mean.gif
. This Asus gonna have to last me awhile 

Hey guys,

I'm looking at a basic laptop to replace my desktop. It will be used for just emails, browsing, MS Office and working on cloud based softwares. I would think the basic joints would suffice.

With that said, any recommendations?

Worth waiting for Black Friday? When I worked at Circuit City in the mid 2000s, only the horrible joints went on sale for Black Friday. But I'm sure that may have changed with the advancement of technology.

Thanks, dudes.

im not sure what the prices are like in the states but check asus ux305 or 306 (thin and lite form factor with enough power),, or even the ux303 (more hefty but with an i5 or i7)

You obviously dont buy the surface studio for the specs or as a regular computer

Commercial is dope tho :smokin

Last edited:
Did a 2-week comparison of using my pc on a 25' 1440p monitor vs. 50' 1080p tv.

I highly prefered the tv, regardless of the resolution drop. 

Given that, does anyone else use their tv as a monitor? If so, what products do you use to make using a tv as your monitor more comfortable?

I don't care about the input lag. If I cop a competitive shooter, I'll likely cop it on xb1.

I'm looking into copping a wireless keyboard/mouse, long hdmi cable, and bluetooth earbuds.

Does anyone else use the new xb1 s controller with their pc? If so, can you get audio from the 3.5mm jack? I can't when I plug in my earbuds, so I use the tv's audio.

I'd rather get earbud audio though since the rx 480 is hella loud.

Has anyone here used or own the Lenovo 910? That thing looks amazing. I was thinking about the XPS13 since I have the 15, and I really like it and it performs phenomenally. But for the price and specs the Lenovo 910 looks great.

hey guys, i just bought an HP laptop (one of those cheap $400) from BestBuy with windows 10 installed.

I installed Norton on it (since i already have the subscription) but when i right click on a folder, it doesn't give me the option to scan it.

i tried deleting and reinstalling the norton (with the NRN) but still nothing. WTF

what gives??

Last edited:
Looking to upgrade something this holiday season. Either my r9 290, my 1080p monitor, or my 50" 1080p tv. I'm not seeing any gotta have prices :smh:

I'm not even sure if there's anything I need to upgrade on my current build -- I don't do any gaming/heavy video

- i5-2400 integrated

- 8GB DDR3 RAM

- 500GB SSD

- No video card

- 1080p monitor

hey guys, i just bought an HP laptop (one of those cheap $400) from BestBuy with windows 10 installed.

I installed Norton on it (since i already have the subscription) but when i right click on a folder, it doesn't give me the option to scan it.

i tried deleting and reinstalling the norton (with the NRN) but still nothing. WTF

what gives??

Get rid of Norton. It's complete trash. I would reccomend Panda or Avira.

^ Nah, I'd recommend a free combo of Malwarebytes + Microsoft Security Essentials + NoScript in Firefox.

If you get malware/viruses beyond that, that's on you.

Last edited:
Get rid of Norton. It's complete trash. I would reccomend Panda or Avira.

Yeah i might do that- i was given a subscription as a christmas present last year, it's about to expire so i'm good.

^ Nah, I'd recommend a free combo of Malwarebytes + Microsoft Security Essentials + NoScript in Firefox.

If you get malware/viruses beyond that, that's on you.

I download torrents a lot, but with those things, i should be good?

btw - both repped... thanks!

What's da 311 on using a 4k 40 inch TV as a monitor? Yay or nay?
nerd.gif
That's what I plan to do later down the road. 

Pros: Cheaper, hdr, bigger screen, sit farther away, more hdmi inputs

Cons: No freesync, more input lag(20's-30's), lower quality panel(supposedly, idk the exact details), 60hz only,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom