Official PC thread.

What do you guys want for black friday? 

i'm hoping to get a 1440px144hz monitor and a xbox one elite controller. 

Hey guys,

I'm looking at a basic laptop to replace my desktop. It will be used for just emails, browsing, MS Office and working on cloud based softwares. I would think the basic joints would suffice.

With that said, any recommendations?

Worth waiting for Black Friday? When I worked at Circuit City in the mid 2000s, only the horrible joints went on sale for Black Friday. But I'm sure that may have changed with the advancement of technology.

Thanks, dudes.

Hey guys,

I'm looking at a basic laptop to replace my desktop. It will be used for just emails, browsing, MS Office and working on cloud based softwares. I would think the basic joints would suffice.

Worth waiting for Black Friday? When I worked at Circuit City in the mid 2000s, only the horrible joints went on sale for Black Friday. But I'm sure that may have changed with the advancement of technology.

Thanks, dudes.
how much are you looking to spend ?  black friday would be the best bet

Hey guys,

Thanks, dudes.

Budget?
Screen size/resolution?
Windows/Mac?

Wifey needs a desktop, any suggestions for all in one under $650/windows/screen size doesn't matter as long is over 17.

Budget?
Screen size/resolution?
Windows/Mac?
Less than $1k for sure. Don't even care about resolution. Looking at 13-15".

Windows. I'm planning on getting a new MacBook Pro too when the new one drops. My old joint is dying.

Less than $1k for sure.

Not even sure what the good brands are anymore. Haven't bought a windows PC in a decade. Lol.

Budget?
Screen size/resolution?
Windows/Mac?
Less than $1k for sure. Don't even care about resolution. Looking at 13-15".

Windows. I'm planning on getting a new MacBook Pro too when the new one drops. My old joint is dying.

Less than $1k for sure.

Not even sure what the good brands are anymore. Haven't bought a windows PC in a decade. Lol.
This year gen macbook pro when it goes on sale. Even an open best buy will do.

Anybody have any experience setting up passive speakers for their desktop/laptop? I'm debating whether I should get a mini amp to power the speakers or a stereo receiver, the ones they use for home theaters. I'm only gonna use 2 speakers, so basically a 2.1 set up

Ok, ok, ok.

I'm seriously going to start a build. I've said it before, but I've spent so much money this summer on my work setup that I pushed my gaming setup to the side and got an xbox to hold me over.

But now I'm serious, I'm going to get everything going now.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/f4ZwTW

How would you guys rate this setup? I checked it on YT and when it was posted the price was at around $650 but now its dropped down to $430. Which is right in console price range.

I'm going to be using this as a gaming setup so I want something that'll handle ultra/very high graphics

I don't want to go over $500

Should I replace the dual care with a quad core? If I only plan to use ti for gaming?

Last edited:
Ok, ok, ok.

I'm seriously going to start a build. I've said it before, but I've spent so much money this summer on my work setup that I pushed my gaming setup to the side and got an xbox to hold me over.

How would you guys rate this setup? I checked it on YT and when it was posted the price was at around $650 but now its dropped down to $430. Which is right in console price range.

I'm going to be using this as a gaming setup so I want something that'll handle ultra/very high graphics

Should I replace the dual care with a quad core? If I only plan to use ti for gaming?
go with a cheaper case and get a better PSU instead of a integrated one. i5s been on sale alot so id hold out.  Wait till black friday

Ok, ok, ok.

1. Bump your CPU to an i5. Look out for CPU/Mobo deals on black friday; Micro center tends to have some good deals around then.
2. You need a dedicated power supply.
3. SSD for windows, drivers, etc. and a 7200 rpm HDD to store your games. 120GB isnt going to get your far with the size of most games today.

Dam been playing Forza horizon 3, I've been missing out. Should of switched to Xbox a long time ago, plus I can play it on my PC in the ultra wide [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Ok, ok, ok.

1. Bump your CPU to an i5. Look out for CPU/Mobo deals on black friday; Micro center tends to have some good deals around then.
2. You need a dedicated power supply.
3. SSD for windows, drivers, etc. and a 7200 rpm HDD to store your games. 120GB isnt going to get your far with the size of most games today.

You can also get a 1x8 instead of 2x4.

Maybe an RX480.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom