Official PC thread.

Nvidia keynote at CES tonight - 9:30ET/6:30PT.  Lots of rumors claiming a 1080ti paper launch.  AMD supposedly showing Ryzen and Vega tomorrow.

ASUS announces Swift PG27UQ 4K IPS 144Hz G-Sync HDR monitor
pg27uq-front.jpg

This monitor checks almost all the boxes for me.  Hopefully something like this is the standard 3-4 years from now.

I have an Acer Predator x34 now... Can't go back to a 27 inch... Need ultra-wide support.

Barely understood what's being talked about here, but copping Vega.

Will consider one of those 4k tvs with freesync, but they'll most likely have an early adopter tax.

I'm thinking about 2 new monitors for my office - currenly I have 2 22" ones with 1680x1050 resolution on each.

My graphics card will put out way more than that and I'm looking at 27" 1080 ones - will that be worth it? Other than being bigger than what I have the resolution is basically the same.

Is it worth paying the extra $100 and getting the 1440 version?

I'm thinking about 2 new monitors for my office - currenly I have 2 22" ones with 1680x1050 resolution on each.

My graphics card will put out way more than that and I'm looking at 27" 1080 ones - will that be worth it? Other than being bigger than what I have the resolution is basically the same.

Is it worth paying the extra $100 and getting the 1440 version?
Some people say that the pixel density on 27" 1080p monitors aren't worth purchasing, but they still look good enough to me.

I have a 1440p monitor. I prefered having more screen real estate and the fact that everything was a considerally more sharper. 

If you're not playing games on the monitor or don't care about the increased screen real estate, that $100 can be used for something more useful.

Co-worker got desperate for cash and sold me his almost brand new 1080 for $350 canadian......im in shock right now. I have a 1070, but the deal was too good to pass up, already have a deal lined up to sell my 1070 for 450 tomorrow. $350 cad is roughly 280 usd

Back
Top Bottom