Official PC thread.

My old razer mouse is crapping out and the mouse wheel is broken..lol. Do you guys have any suggestions on mice I should look at? I mostly play csgo and league of legends, so no mmo style mice for me. Also I was thinking of looking into getting a mechanical keyboard but I'm not really sure where to start.

Last edited:
I've always preferred Netgear products. Reliable and cost efficient.
Just got a netgear 3700 because my Linksys router is horrible. Netgear is great food signal and handles a the load of my household well.

My brother has a dlink. I will say his reception is superior probably due to external antennas.

Either way both are better than most companies

Working on upgrading my PC. Its a pretty solid foundation as of right now. It has a i5 processor 3rd gen. 6gb of ram.

Thinking of going water cooled. What does a looped system cost? Can it be done for a reasonable price? Will be a gaming rig mainly. I know there are closed looped water cooling systems for the processor that are very affordable. But it seems the GPU is where it gets pricey.

Also looking for as small a case as possible. Thinking of this as the guy is planing on getting it produce for people who want it: http://www.overclock.net/t/1305343/...h-mitx-watercooled-3770k-570-hd-november-motm

NT, what's your favourite Router/Network manufacturer?
I've had Belkin router for 1 year now and I'm sick of it.. Connection drops etc.. POS.
Had previously D-Link modem for 4 years, running 24/7.. No problems..
So should I continue with D-Link or try something else?

Check with your ISP to see if they released a newer version of your modem with built-in wireless. You can reduce hardware and fix connectivity issues at the same time.

Would you guys buy a GTX570 Used for $120? Not trying to build a monster PC, just something that'll play Far Cry 3 etc...

^ That looks like a good price I don't mind buying used video cards unless they're Radeons that the owner has been bitcoin mining with.

You guys know of a way to automatically have a folder backed up to a second drive whenever it's updated?

Got a code for the new Sim City Beta. Downloading now. :smokin

Let us know how it is.

Planning on picking it up .. but the fact that it's on Origin and requires internet to play .. :x

Got an odd problem guy's... I unplugged everything from my PC yesterday.. Cleaned it out with computer duster and the. Plugged
everything back in and started it back up and now it freezes right after it boots up... I narrowed the problem down to it being my mouse (steel series sensei)... My computer only freezes when its plugged in...

Let us know how it is.

Planning on picking it up .. but the fact that it's on Origin and requires internet to play .. :x

It's only a one-hour demo (after the hour is up, you re-do the entire city all over again). Bummed that the piece of land they give you for the demo is too small. :lol:

First impression: the game's pretty good. The interface is much more intuitive now, and it makes a bit more sense, especially the zoning. Roads are more flexible. Zoning doesn't cost you anything, but you are limited to a certain zoning density depending on the road type you have built. Wind direction now plays a factor in the game. Seems like making money inside the game is much easier as well. And keeping track on how much you're earning is much easier now. No need to go to the budget window like before. Also, interacting with the city and its residents is simpler now. Objectives and achievements give you a sense of direction in which to build your city towards. It's pretty fun, and the graphics look much better than Sim City 4 (still a bit blocky but it's better. LOL).

Might not be a Day 1 purchase for me, though.

EDIT: Basically this is the Beta in a nutshell:

Last edited:
I need to upgrade my rig, Built one awhile back but it,s getting to old to run these newer games but it,s holding up. I,ll post specs when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom