Official PC thread.

Bum, bum, bum. What you gonna do…lol.

I’d just get the monitor. Your card is better than mine (a 2070 Super). Your card is good at a lot of games (minus performance hogs like CP 2077, Flight Simulator, etc) or crunching the ray tracing. You want 4K, you’ll have to upgrade to a higher 3K or a 4K, which at the moment is $700 and up.
what's your 2070 Super's benchmark for CP 2077? have you overclocked yours? I'm skipping the RTX 3xxxx series and the RX 6xxx series as well since the performance uplift on the next gen are even way higher than it and given the price point, it wouldn't make sense getting the previous gen.

I haven’t overclocked mine. I don’t have CP 2077 for PC. Waiting for it to go $19.99 on STEAM. Not sure why they still got it for retail most of the time and it’s two years old.

I want to see what AMD does. One thing I keep hearing people complain about is the lack of DP 2.0 on the Nvidia cards. Plus we’re going to get TI cards. Right now, the only 4XXX card to get for price/performance is the 4090. They wild for pricing the 16 GB 4080 at $1,100.

I haven’t overclocked mine. I don’t have CP 2077 for PC. Waiting for it to go $19.99 on STEAM. Not sure why they still got it for retail most of the time and it’s two years old.

I want to see what AMD does. One thing I keep hearing people complain about is the lack of DP 2.0 on the Nvidia cards. Plus we’re going to get TI cards. Right now, the only 4XXX card to get for price/performance is the 4090. They wild for pricing the 16 GB 4080 at $1,100.
CP 2077 proves to be the bane of the current gen cards. Even paired with the R5800x3d, it is still below 80fps with either 6900xt and rtx3090 (ti and xx50 included) at 4k. Average fps is from 30-40fps. Other than CP 2077, the current gen cards are great. I have not yet transitioned to 4K, so my 2070S should still be good for a year or two. I have yet to buy me a 4K monitor with good refresh rate. Since good 4k monitors are still crazy stupid expensive, I'll hold on to 1080p gaming or at best 1440p when I see them go down at a good price.

Yeah. I have two 27” 1440p monitors I use.

I might just move up to 34” 4K and have one of the new cards push video to it.

But for real…let me know when CP 2077 is $20 or less lol. I was geeked off the Edgerunners.

I actually prefer 21:9 ratio for PC. It feels more immersive and requires less power to drive than 4k.
while 4K is unbelievable, 1440p seems to be the sweet spot for now. til the need for 4K becomes more mainstream and content much becomes a norm.

4k is about as mainstream as its gonna get...
too bad the current price of gaming monitors and gpus doesn't make it so.

right now, I'm having some serious thoughts on sticking to 1080p for a few more years. we'll see how AMD would price their upcoming gpus. I'm not that as enthusiastic with Nvidia though.

When ahead a got a 4k 144hz monitor. I have to say its a game changer. I am kinda interested to see what AMD does with the GPU as well. Nvidia is wildin with prices. At this point they are really just selling the name and not the products. RT specs is the only perk above AMD at this point.

Nvidia also wilding with the connectors on those cards lol.

And you’re right. RT AND DLSS 3.0 could be the reason why 4XXX cards fly off the shelves. Let’s hope they don’t fumble next Thursday!! I’ve seen rumors of the rasterization on the high end being higher on the 7900XT.

F98119C7-70BF-48F2-BAEB-662039124026.png

I'm holding out for another year (2024). possibly 1 year after the chinks are worked out on the RDNA3 and 5th gen Ryzen.

planning on getting the X3D version of the 5th Gen Ryzen, either an XT or XTX Radeon depending on price/performance ratio and power efficiency, an X6xx mobo, DDR5 64gb memory and a 1440p 160hz monitor (hope oleds become cheaper).

As I go entirely through this thread on building my own rig, I'll start off asking on case recommendations as far as longevity with these huge GPUs coming out lately. :lol:

Currently have an old 2017 Digital Storm Vanquish 6 PC, but will be building my own rig this time around and preferably with a full size case.

The ones that have caught my attention are the Corsair iCUE 5000T, Lian Li cases, Cooler Master, and Thermaltake.

As I go entirely through this thread on building my own rig, I'll start off asking on case recommendations as far as longevity with these huge GPUs coming out lately. :lol:

Currently have an old 2017 Digital Storm Vanquish 6 PC, but will be building my own rig this time around and preferably with a full size case.

The ones that have caught my attention are the Corsair iCUE 5000T, Lian Li cases, Cooler Master, and Thermaltake.

That Hyte dual chamber joint has been super popular lately.

Check tech jesus aka gamersnexus on YT, dudes got a ton of indepth reviews on cases.

love how Nvidia gets it butt handed out to them. knew it was all price gouging than supply issues nor new tech excuse. there's no even supply issues. gone are the days of gpu mining and consumers (gamers in particular) have been burned for the past 3 years by the sellers/retailers that they are not taking stupid pricing by Nvidia. paying a ridiculous price for a hardware that would cost you crazy electricity bills, hot temps, space issues, etc... is not even worth it. they would practically kill PC gaming if they would keep this nonsense. I'm going for RX this time. screw their Ray Tracing.

Bro I wish it were true but the 4090 and 4080 sold out.

I’m hoping AMD has a compelling product. And Intel strikes back next year with better product. Competition will help. Nvidia bugging. A 80 series should not be $1,200.

Probably going to go with the XTX which is cheaper than both. Yeah the RT isn’t as good and they still need to mature their open-source version of DLSS but that’s aiight.

Bro I wish it were true but the 4090 and 4080 sold out.

I’m hoping AMD has a compelling product. And Intel strikes back next year with better product. Competition will help. Nvidia bugging. A 80 series should not be $1,200.

Probably going to go with the XTX which is cheaper than both. Yeah the RT isn’t as good and they still need to mature their open-source version of DLSS but that’s aiight.
Are you sure? saw multiple 4080 stocks at microcenter and bustbuy. 4090 though is out of stock. Could be false sold out advertising and pulled out their stock while deciding to readjust the 4080 pricing. I'm hopeful for but performance is good enough at 1440p. Not sure if the 7900x cpu have 3D cache in them.

Where do you live? And I’ve heard Microcenter is a good spot. There isn’t one here in Florida. And when is in San Diego, I didn’t see one either.

They’re coming out with a 78003D or whatever they called the 5800. Probably going to be the top performer again.

just got my son a new pc rig. specs are the ff:

Ryzen 5 5500
MSI B550M Pro VDH Wifi
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (8x2)
Kingston NV1 M.2 NVMe 1TB
CoolerMaster MWE White PSU 650w
RX 5700
1080HD LG 75hz monitor

pretty much a budget gaming pc but could stand toe to toe with my high end gaming pc rig from 2019 (3.5 years ago). funny how a lower tier pc could be that great.

so far running pretty cool and pretty fast. still running on stock and enabled some of the functions. might O/C when needed but so far more than enough for gaming/streaming. son is very happy.

What does the boy like to play?
He's mostly into Minecraft and a bit of GTA V. initially I was looking into an i3 system with a starter gpu. considering that he runs multiple applications and streaming, i3 could be quite underpowered. for the same price as the starter gpu, I was able to snag a slightly used RX5700 from a shop that was having a firesale of Dell computers. the cards looked pretty unused with extremely no visible dust, dings nor dents plus got a 3 mos. warranty on it if ever it starts acting up. so far it runs cool on 50C stock fan. gpu looks customizable so if ever, I could replace the thermal paste and fan or even update the bios to an XT. so far, the driver makes it run quite and cool.

6 months overdue for my annual PC Rig clean-up. finally cleaned the whole thing and so far not bad as far as dust accumulation goes. whole system still runs the same from 30C-59C. not too shabby for a 2019 system (3 years old). so no necessary updates/upgrades as far as cooling solution goes. although I experienced my first freeze up a few days ago.

Back
Top Bottom