Official PC thread.

Finally got around to installing Windows 11 on my custom build from years ago... it was a PITA because I had to enable TPM 2.0 but luckily my motherboard supported it.
:rofl:
my son and I were just having that TPM 2.0 discussion about a week back before I got his new PC rig and discussing installing that. it is a pain. I was recommending him the Windows 10 but he wanted the 11. no matter, he was able to figure it out without a problem.

seriously considering a RX6800/XT or RX6900XT. too bad I wasn't able to go to microcenter last year while I was in Anaheim in August while they were selling for $700. oh well, considering the outrageous price right now, I'll sit it out for a year or just buy something else. a new tv or a monitor.

Yeah I would’ve bought the Evga 12GB 3080 RTX when it dipped below $800 if I had known they were getting out the game and Nvidia was about to fleece consumers.

But foresight is difficult. It’s always I’m going to hold out for a better deal.

Yeah I would’ve bought the Evga 12GB 3080 RTX when it dipped below $800 if I had known they were getting out the game and Nvidia was about to fleece consumers.

But foresight is difficult. It’s always I’m going to hold out for a better deal.
I was so close to purchasing the RX 6900 XT. I just couldn't leave my family by themselves while I drive to microcenter. on the otherhand, having evaluated my current system, it is still pretty solid for a few more years til I'm ready to transition to 2k/4k gaming and moving to AM5. anyways, still I find the price of the midtier previous gen gpus to be expensive considering the impeding release of the midtier RX7000 cards. we'll see this spring.

got this one today. not the latest one but is sure good enough especially getting it for half-price. would have gotten the 2tb but scared of getting scolded.

Attachments

• nvme.jpg
    nvme.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 569
Bestbuy sold out of all Founders Editions 😢

Supposedly, there’s going to be a shortage of Nvidia cards this fiscal quarter.

Yeah I really have no need for it, i'll save my money. Just got a used A4-H20 for half off but it's missing the front io audio cable so I figured it's a good time to get some studio headphones and a setup.

Yeah I really have no need for it, i'll save my money. Just got a used A4-H20 for half off but it's missing the front io audio cable so I figured it's a good time to get some studio headphones and a setup.

Grab an Apple dongle (type c to 3.5mm). Tbh that's probably good enough for most people. If you think you are having volume issues, could scoop a Schiit Magni and use the dongle as a dac. Magni > RCA to 3.5mm > Apple dongle > PC.

Grab an Apple dongle (type c to 3.5mm). Tbh that's probably good enough for most people. If you think you are having volume issues, could scoop a Schiit Magni and use the dongle as a dac. Magni > RCA to 3.5mm > Apple dongle > PC.

a dongle adapter would be the cheapest and best solution. got myself a simple google dongle which worked fine before deciding on buying another one which is more of a dac with better hardware and capability and never looked back. my mobo's dac isn't really the best especially when dealing with monitor headphones and sounds lacking with quality and power. currently, I'm still using the iBasso DC03 dongle which is powering my headphones a lot more than just simply plugging it directly on my mobo's IO.

speaking of earphones, just got this one yesterday and sounds pretty good. I'm preferring them necklace types as the independent ones keep on falling off and getting battered.

Attachments

• 331574816_693382115869822_6535043447551214341_n.jpg
    331574816_693382115869822_6535043447551214341_n.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 393
not sure if it is a game bug but the Last of Us seem to be having some issues especially with Vram lower than 10GB. kinda odd considering the game works so well with console gpus with 8GB of vram at ultra settings. makes me want to go for bigger vram gpus. not sure if mgpu supports the game though. that would have been nice if vram is an issue.

The port is just a mess

Anyway I just got RE4 for PC... cant run it with RTX with out crashing but it still looks good with out it.
you meant ray-tracing enabled? I could live without it. that is why I'm switching to AMD. not sure if I'll be missing some of the rtx features though like Nvidia Studio and Broadcast. but hopefully, Radeon 7xxx have their own features like it as well.

I have a 3060 ti and it feels outdated. I have a 4k monitor now and getting more back into the gaming. Thinking of upgrading to either 4070 ti or a RX 7900 XT. Any opinions?

I have a 3060 ti and it feels outdated. I have a 4k monitor now and getting more back into the gaming. Thinking of upgrading to either 4070 ti or a RX 7900 XT. Any opinions?

either will do. if you are not so much into ray-tracing, the 7900XT is better valued. I still won't buy them though til they drop $200 further.

Back
Top Bottom