***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Watching them play, they all look so tense, and not in a "I'm focused to win this game" type way..But more of a "let me not make a mistake and cost us this game" type of way
this scares me..

and on the defense.. we need to mix and match when we use the wide 9.. hell why not just split 1 guy out that wide at a time, instead of both

also i think our basic front should be jenkins-dixon-patterson-cole (since jenkins has the ability to play DE.. and since tapp AND parker are hurt right now)..

babin and cole need to be rotated in and out more.. to keep them fresh

brian rolle should be getting more playing time than mathews..

also i know it's early.. but I pray the graham/allen picks somehow work out (can't be too hard on them, considering they've been hurt.. but things aren't looking good)

EDIT:
hopefully this dream team crap now goes away

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

I really don't like Juan Castillo as DC.

I agree with this.
This was a tough game. Our defense started out great with the 3 and out. The offense came in and drove it down the field and then that INT changed it. The Giants took advantage and scored 2 straight TDs. Our secondary couldn't tackle to save their lives, and Bradshaw just ran through everyone. Shady played his $## off so hats off to him. Can't say the same with our receivers; Vick does have a point with the late hits coming after the play stops but the offensive line NEEDS to protect him better, its as simple as that. So far it has resulted in a concussion and now a broken right hand.

We HAVE to win this next game against the 49ers and Vince Young needs to get his bum $## off the bench and play. I do not want to continue watching Kafka throw wildly leading into INTs. When I was watching the game I thought about how Ben Rothlesburger had that broken foot. I think the Eagles will obviously look more into the injury to determine how bad it is. Good thing its on his non throwing hand so I believe the Eagles might go the same route the Steelers did with Ben. I think they will put Vick's hand in a padded glove and heavily tape that hand up. Might end up looking like a club on his right hand. 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
very disappointed in the game today, it seemed like Shady was the only one to show up and play well

We're not going any where if the o-line keeps this up, Vick's getting hit almost every passing play and the refs definitely missed some late hits on him. But the o-line is just awful, short yardage they don't get any push, Vick is constantly hit and the only reason we had a run game is cause Shady is so elusive. He needs to make 3 or 4 guys miss every time just to gain decent yardage. I don't know what it is about the offense but we aren't getting any of the big plays that we were able to hit last year.

This wide-9 thing is really starting to annoy me, sure it works great on 3rd and long when its a guaranteed passing down, but other than that it just seems that there is so much an offense can do to counter it that we look terrible. We can't stop the run, we can't tackle and our supposedly great CB's looked very average for most of the game.

I hate to say this when its so early in the season, but next week is a must win, not only to prove we're a good football team but also to stay close in the division

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

30t6p3b.gif
very disappointed in the game today, it seemed like Shady was the only one to show up and play well

We're not going any where if the o-line keeps this up, Vick's getting hit almost every passing play and the refs definitely missed some late hits on him. But the o-line is just awful, short yardage they don't get any push, Vick is constantly hit and the only reason we had a run game is cause Shady is so elusive. He needs to make 3 or 4 guys miss every time just to gain decent yardage. I don't know what it is about the offense but we aren't getting any of the big plays that we were able to hit last year.

This wide-9 thing is really starting to annoy me, sure it works great on 3rd and long when its a guaranteed passing down, but other than that it just seems that there is so much an offense can do to counter it that we look terrible. We can't stop the run, we can't tackle and our supposedly great CB's looked very average for most of the game.

I hate to say this when its so early in the season, but next week is a must win, not only to prove we're a good football team but also to stay close in the division

Thats another thing I see different. If I remember correctly, most of our games last year the first play was at least a 30+ yard throw to DJax or Maclin. So far I haven't seen a pass for more than 35+ yards. I also agree with the wide 9; I think we need to mix it up with the defense. The gaps just open up when the teams run against us. Watching T. Cole and Babin, most of the time they have their heads real low to the ground looking at the ball. They don't see what is going on in the backfield and what the backs are doing on offense. And when they do run the ball Cole and Babin run to the pocket, and before they even see the RB, hes already at least 5 yards going the other way. That makes them run the other way around. 

We went 1-5 in the Redzone today. That's unacceptable, man. Our play calling down there is terrible.

We ran the ball well, and our passing game was decent to say the least. But in the redzone when we were less than a yard away from a TD, and in 4th & 1, we became too predictable. We didn't run one play action pass or screens to the flats. I think if we utilized play action when our run game is successful, it will held move the ball through the air. Reid continued to purely run plays without even disguising it. 
eyes.gif

This team sucked in the Red Zone last season and sucks even more in the Red Zone now. Last season a lot of the time when the team scored a TD it was off of a 20+ yard pass play. Very rarely did any of the receivers catch a TD once the team got to the Red Zone. Way too many 1st half Red Zone turnovers so far...Fumble in the Red Zone against the Rams in week 1..Fumble in Week 2 in the Red Zone, ran back for a TD..INT in the Red Zone today...Basically 3 points minimum being given away each time. And a lot of the times, the turnovers lead to points for the other team

^ man.. i didn't realize the injuries we had (aside from the vick one obviously)

no clue on maclin, other than they said it was his hamstring.. and riley cooper had a concussion.. and i guess evan mathis is ok

Take it for what its worth but......
2zqrl14.png

3-4 weeks without Vick. That can take us right to the bye week. There is no way I have confidence in Kafka leading this team for those 3-4 weeks. I'd rather have VY taking the snaps. But I don't know right now; this news just stinks.

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

Take it for what its worth but......
2zqrl14.png

3-4 weeks without Vick. That can take us right to the bye week. There is no way I have confidence in Kafka leading this team for those 3-4 weeks. I'd rather have VY taking the snaps. But I don't know right now; this news just stinks.

The team is 2nd in the league in rushing, and very few of those yards were acquired by Vick (huge 1st game, not many rushing yards over the next 2)..If the Eagles take advantage of McCoy's solid running as of late, they can squeeze out some wins with Vick out as long as the defense holds us down.

Realistically speaking, the Eagles can beat the 49ers w/o Vick...If Young plays, he is capable of managing the game w/o forcing passes like Kafka did today.

Next week- 49ers, can beat them

Week 5-Buffalo..Huge comeback against the Patriots but the Patriots have a wack running game and they were getting spanked in the first half before Brady tried making passes he had no business trying to make...This is a 50/50 game. Eagles can either win a close game or lose a close game.

Week 6-********- I know they're 2-0 (possibly 3-0 after tomorrow night) but they are very beatable. Far from an elite team such as the Packers so I think they can be beaten if the defense plays better and McCoy keeps doing work on the ground.

Week 7-is the BYE week

Let's say worst case scenario, Eagles beat the 49ers but lose the next 2..They'll be 2-4 (very easily can be 3-3 by the BYE week even w/o Vick)which sucks but I don't see the division leader having a great record. If the ******** are still in first by this point, they'll probably be on pace for a 10-6 or 9-7 season. Eagles can easily go 8-2 or 7-3 with a healthy Vick and win the divison at 10-6 or 11-5.After the BYE we play the Cowboys (beatable)..Chicago (50/50 game but hypothetically say it's an L)...Arizona (very beatable)..Giants (beatable, and Philly will be hyped to play after breaking Vick's hand)..Pats (tough game, hypothetically say it's an L)..Seattle (extremely beatable)...Miami (currently 0-3)..and then Jets/Cowboys/******** to close the season...Jets will be a tough game but they can be beaten..Cowboys n ******** are divisional games so winning those games would give the team a huge boost.

Sorry for the long post..Just wanted to give my .02 cents..The Eagles have always been a 2nd half team, even with McNabb as QB..There were many years where the team started 2-3 and made the playoffs

^ lose tomorrow night and you're in the same position as us buddy

season is far from over.. we just need to get things figured out quick.. maybe this is just an andy reid thing..

in 2000.. we started 1-2 and finished 11-5
in 2001.. we started 2-2 and finished 11-5
in 2002.. we started 3-2 and finished 12-4
in 2003.. we started 0-2 and finished 12-4 (we had our 3rd loss by week 6)
in 2008.. we started 2-3 and finished 9-6-1 (was the year we faced arizona in the NFC championship)

we just need to hold the fort until vick is back.. and hopefully our Oline can finally gel (remember their first real game action was the rams game) and our defense can figure things out

Vick has that Lebron factor now ... Complaining like a woman on her period ... Hope you all lose every game from here on out ...

It's all on Vince Young right now, dude needs to man up (and so does Andy) and get his @$% on the field. I don't wanna see Kafka anywhere near the field, VY has won a lot of games in the league and I'm sure he can with this team

Keep Vick on the sideline until the bye week, our schedule isn't murderers row just yet. We can eek out a few wins with Vince Young as long as our defense improves

Originally Posted by polorico

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
biggest moron on here
anyway; I put the blame 110% on Andy Reid and his press conference was great as always, such a fat arrogant POS

I'm confident Young can lead us to a 3-2 record in the next couple games but knowing Reid; we will have poor man's Matt Cassel in there

Originally Posted by StillIn729

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
biggest moron on here
anyway; I put the blame 110% on Andy Reid and his press conference was great as always, such a fat arrogant POS

I'm confident Young can lead us to a 3-2 record in the next couple games but knowing Reid; we will have poor man's Matt Cassel in there
This is what I'm afraid of. Reid sticking to his guns and keeping Kafka in the game and using his "experience" excuse. Get VY out in the practice field taking snaps with the first string. I do NOT want Kafka sniffing the field.

I think the problem with Kafka this week was they tried to have him make the same throws that Vick would make, which he clearly can't do. Against Atlanta they started him off with shorter throws and then when he got settled they let him throw deeper and he was successful. This week they had him throw 30 yards downfield on his first throw, I think if you ask any backup to do that it won't work out.

I agree that VY should get the snaps this week and start but I don't think Kafka is as bad as you guys say he is. But on a VY note, he really screwed us with his "dream team" comment. Sure we would have SuperBowl hopes regardless of what he said but calling us the dream team just put a target on our back when we didn't need it
30t6p3b.gif

I think the problem with Kafka this week was they tried to have him make the same throws that Vick would make, which he clearly can't do. Against Atlanta they started him off with shorter throws and then when he got settled they let him throw deeper and he was successful. This week they had him throw 30 yards downfield on his first throw, I think if you ask any backup to do that it won't work out.

I agree that VY should get the snaps this week and start but I don't think Kafka is as bad as you guys say he is. But on a VY note, he really screwed us with his "dream team" comment. Sure we would have SuperBowl hopes regardless of what he said but calling us the dream team just put a target on our back when we didn't need it
30t6p3b.gif
Couldn't have said it better myself. Ever since he said "dream team" we are now looked at as the Miami Heat of the NFL. We didn't need that tag placed on us, and an example of this working against us is in this very thread. Some guy a few responses above called Vick, LeBron James. Totally unnecessary, but with this "dream team" tag placed on us, VY certainly welcomed these comparisons. 
indifferent.gif

Another thing, Juan Castillo should be in the hot seat with Reid. I'm still puzzled of how a man that has never coached a defense was given the responsibility as DC. I will never fully figure that out. Jim Washburn's group is doing what they have to do; the front 4 is doing what they have to do. But from the LB spot back all the way to the secondary, there is no tackling. Once the RBs get past the front 4, obviously, the LBs and the rest of the secondary is responsible for stopping the run. So far they aren't able to do that, RBs and even WRs are having a field day when they get into the teeth of the defense. I'm getting sick and tired of seeing these guys bumping instead of tackling. They can't even wrap up and tackle, something so fundamental. 

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

30t6p3b.gif
Couldn't have said it better myself. Ever since he said "dream team" we are now looked at as the Miami Heat of the NFL. We didn't need that tag placed on us, and an example of this working against us is in this very thread. Some guy a few responses above called Vick, LeBron James. Totally unnecessary, but with this "dream team" tag placed on us, VY certainly welcomed these comparisons. 
indifferent.gif

Another thing, Juan Castillo should be in the hot seat with Reid. I'm still puzzled of how a man that has never coached a defense was given the responsibility as DC. I will never fully figure that out. Jim Washburn's group is doing what they have to do; the front 4 is doing what they have to do. But from the LB spot back all the way to the secondary, there is no tackling. Once the RBs get past the front 4, obviously, the LBs and the rest of the secondary is responsible for stopping the run. So far they aren't able to do that, RBs and even WRs are having a field day when they get into the teeth of the defense. I'm getting sick and tired of seeing these guys bumping instead of tackling. They can't even wrap up and tackle, something so fundamental. 
I can assure you that he is the D coord. b/c the "gold standard" franchise that we are figured they could go out and get ANYONE they wanted and when they realized they could not they panicked and now we are stuck to deal with it.  Shouldn't have fired McDermott if you had no plan.
As far as VY goes; that single comment has made our losses that much worse b/c everyone wants to see us fail.  If that comment had no have been made our losses wouldn't be magnified to the degree they have been.

That being said, I am still VERY confident the Eagles will win this division and finish 11-5. 

Andy Reid just said during the press conference that Vick's hand isn't broken, just a contusion and a lot of swelling. Thank goodness, still don't want him to play this week though

cowboys are re building , you guys were crowned the paper champions by your own fans , and by some people in the media.

simple as that.

Just wanted to make a comment to eagles fans about what vick said.....completely agree with him

I am not an eagles fan at all...obviously....but vick gets hit more then any other qb in the nfl and gets absolutely no calls

If this was a ******* qb getting this beat up i would be up in arms about it.  He gets hit helmet to helmet late and gets no call. 

that is all....go skins

cowboys are re building , you guys were crowned the paper champions by your own fans , and by some people in the media.

simple as that.
2hrk5tv.gif

I still think Vick needs to sit this week; let Young play, if they can't beat the 49ers with Young than it says a lot about this team.

Back
Top Bottom