***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

Worked out better for us for the Cowboys to win tonight..******** win and the Eagles are 2 games behind 1st place...With the Cowboys win, the Eagles are 1 game back of first with basically the entire season ahead of them..Being 1-2 is definitely no cause for panic.

Seeing the Cowboys and ******** play tonight made me more optimistic about the Eagles..Don't get me wrong, the Eagles have many issues that need to be fixed, but the Cowboys and ******** are extremely flawed as well which makes me think it won't take an incredible season for the Eagles to win the division. Rex Grossman showed that he just had a good first 2 games because he looked bad tonight. Romo played ok but nothing spectacular. Zero TDs which showed how much the Cowboys will miss having Miles Austin in the red zone. ******** defense gave up huge runs to an injured Felix Jones despite the Cowboys being a bad rushing team. And the ******** held the Cowboys to FGs on every red zone drive and still lost, proving their offense isn't too good.

Originally Posted by polorico

2-1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1-2

go troll somewhere for another weak.
You're a Cowboys fan in an Eagles thread and we're trolling?
laugh.gif
Ok guy, enjoy being tied for first place because that's not gonna last very long.
grin.gif

Just like mike vick staying healthy , thats about how long it will last.

awwwwwww i love football season.

Call me when you guys are real eagles fans. Pre mcnabb era hell give me pre 2008 era.

laugh.gif
You're making fun of our QB staying healthy, as a COWBOYS fan? That's the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Sure Vick gets hurt a lot but he's a mobile QB. What is Romo's excuse? Romo missed 3 games in 2008 with a broken finger and missed like 8 games last season with a broken clavicle. Then he punctures his lung and breaks a rib this season.

One of the Eagles' biggest weaknesses is their offensive line but the Cowboys offensive line makes the Eagles' line look like Pro Bowlers. Costa with what, 4 bad snaps in a single game? Pretty pathetic

@ALLsportsINTEL Rich Smith
BREAKING NFL UPDATE - Sources report Eagles & Cardinals have made offers to Seahawks for LB Aaron Curry, Giants, Chiefs, Panthers interested

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

@ALLsportsINTEL Rich Smith
BREAKING NFL UPDATE - Sources report Eagles & Cardinals have made offers to Seahawks for LB Aaron Curry, Giants, Chiefs, Panthers interested

Wasn't there talks that Aaron Curry was gonna lose his starting job? If that's the case, why go after him? Only reason they should go after him is if they have to give up very little to acquire him

^ think he lost his starting spot already.. but wouldn't hurt to try.. tapp worked out for us (very underrated aspect of our D failing in the 4th.. having both tapp and parker injured.. and not being able to rotate those guys in and out)

That's true. I just hope they don't get over aggressive and give up too much to acquire him, like offering Asante for Curry and another player.

The only problem I have with Aaron Curry is that he was drafted as a pass rusher. He doesn't like to play on the strong side and defend the run, which is ultimately what the Eagles would need if they decided to go out and acquire a linebacker. With Babin, Jenkins, and Cole, the Eagles are in good shape in terms of rushing the passer. Also, Aaron Cole isn't a great open field tackler, which is also something of great importance when looking for a LB to add to the squad. Let's see how these trade talks go on. Let's hope he doesn't end up with the Giants bc with Osi, Tuck, and Pierre Paul, adding a quick, physical guy like Curry to that lineup would give the Giants one of the best pass rushing defenses in the league

we should have scooped up Tulloch

Parker, Tapp, and Graham have to get healthy and i want  Castillo to get fired and to be honest McDermott was better with less and Jim would have went off with this defense.

We should get the win against the 49ers

And with our compliments all used up, here are the five players who laid an egg on Sunday.

5. Andy Reid: Remember the short-yardage disasters that pockmarked the final years of the Donovan McNabb era? They reappeared on Sunday. The Eagles ran six offensive plays inside the Giants' three-yard line and didn't punch the ball in. They ran the same nonsense that they used to run with McNabb — the fullback belly play that never gets any separation, the deep handoff, the poorly timed sneak — and threw in a stuff on fourth-and-1 for good measure. The Giants scored on the subsequent drive and took a lead they never relinquished.

link:
http://www.grantland.com/...on-initial-review-week-3

Originally Posted by polorico

Just like mike vick staying healthy , thats about how long it will last.

awwwwwww i love football season.

Call me when you guys are real eagles fans. Pre mcnabb era hell give me pre 2008 era.
congrats on beating the Skins on all FG's.  I think you should be more worried than Eagles fans.
2zow195.gif

No reason Vick should have to play on Sunday..Even if he wants to play, I would tell him to rest up. If anything, I would let Vick suit up but just chill on the sideline. Then if Young doesn't play well in the first half and the Eagles offense doesn't look too good, just let Vick play the second half.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

No reason Vick should have to play on Sunday..Even if he wants to play, I would tell him to rest up. If anything, I would let Vick suit up but just chill on the sideline. Then if Young doesn't play well in the first half and the Eagles offense doesn't look too good, just let Vick play the second half.

Cosign

Originally Posted by RetroSan

wait Vick fumbled 7 times? i've only seen like 4-5

I was thinking the same thing but I think they counted that bad hand off in the Red Zone against the Falcons as a fumble on Vick. According to his stats, it says 6 fumbles were on rushing plays...But I don't recall him fumbling on 6 run plays so idk where they came from.

Lol hate is strong for the eagles in the WIR thread. & evidently the giants are clear cut best team in NFC East
eyes.gif

^I just finished reading through some of that thread and it seems like people care more about hating on the Eagles than they do about rooting for their own team
laugh.gif

It's fine though..This team made the most changes in the off-season so to expect them to sync well off the bat was a reach. I was one of the people that expected the team to get off to a hot start, but in hindsight that was a mistake. However, I'm very optimistic that before we know it, the Eagles will be back on track to be contenders this post season.

All this team really needs to get the respect they deserve is a huge win against a team that most people consider to be Superbowl contenders. Luckily for us, the Eagles have a few of those games on schedule. If the Eagles hand the Bills their first L (IF they're 4-0 when we play them) then that will show people this team is for real and just started off flat. And then if the Eagles figure out a way to beat the Patriots in November, that will also shut up some critics. They need to bring their A game when playing great teams and if they do, I don't see why they can't win the division like most of us expected.

Originally Posted by k3stacks

Lol hate is strong for the eagles in the WIR thread. & evidently the giants are clear cut best team in NFC East
eyes.gif

they can get back to us during week 17

Yeah..Giants fans hoping Vick gets injured during the game and all that..and we're the only bad fans. lulz

Man we could totally destroy the Packers or somebody, and dudes will STILL try to throw salt, just cause it's a Philly sports team.
laugh.gif
Man I remember when dudes on here got EXTRA salty when the Phillies won the world series in 08.

It's all good though. We'll see what happens as the season goes on.

And I can't wait till the game against the Cowboys.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

It's fine though..This team made the most changes in the off-season so to expect them to sync well off the bat was a reach. I was one of the people that expected the team to get off to a hot start, but in hindsight that was a mistake. However, I'm very optimistic that before we know it, the Eagles will be back on track to be contenders this post season.

This.  I honestly feel like we have too much talent to be mediocre this season.  We just have to pull it all together.

^ Reid is the worst drafting coach

Jarrett is a 2nd round pick; let him play he can't be any worse than the slop out there now. Nate Allen clearly is not fully recovered from the knee injury and probably won't be until next year. Brian Rolle might not be Ray Lewis but can he really be a down grade from Casey Matthews? I feel terrible for Casey Matthews; he should not be put in this position.

Anything short of a Superbowl appearance should have Andy Reid gone next year IMO.

^ yea i think we should throw jarrett and coleman out there at the safeties spots

then we should go jumbo on the line for the base DLine (they could let cole line up wide in this package.. or if babin is in on the rotation, let him do it.. not both DEs):
Jenkins (who can still rush the passer from the DE spot)-patterson-dixon-cole

then we go to this group on passing downs (this is when we should use the wide 9.. or just let cole and/or babin, whomever is in on the rotation line up wide):
babin-jenkins-patterson-cole

then just rotate the rest of the DEs and DTs in and out to keep them fresh

and considering how bad our safeties have been in coverage, let's get away from using zone coverage soo much.. let nnamdi get up and press.. and simplify things for the safeties and LBs

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

^ yea i think we should throw jarrett and coleman out there at the safeties spots

then we should go jumbo on the line for the base DLine (they could let cole line up wide in this package.. or if babin is in on the rotation, let him do it.. not both DEs):
Jenkins (who can still rush the passer from the DE spot)-patterson-dixon-cole

then we go to this group on passing downs (this is when we should use the wide 9.. or just let cole and/or babin, whomever is in on the rotation line up wide):
babin-jenkins-patterson-cole

then just rotate the rest of the DEs and DTs in and out to keep them fresh

and considering how bad our safeties have been in coverage, let's get away from using zone coverage soo much.. let nnamdi get up and press.. and simplify things for the safeties and LBs

Andy Reid is one of the best adjustment coaches between games so I feel the Birds will right the ship but if things are going bad in game then forget about it.  

Back
Top Bottom