***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

http://www.theredzone.org...ng-meetings/Default.aspx

another reason reid needs to go:

In an interview with Michael Irvin of NFL Network, DeSean Jackson said he showed up about 20 minutes late for an 8:30 a.m. special-teams meeting Saturday because his alarm clock didn't go off. Initially, receivers coach David Culley told DeSean that he probably wouldn't start as punishment. But that evolved into Reid telling DeSean that he should think about things and he was suspended for Sunday's game.

Jackson did take full responsibility as a man for being late and admitted it had happened once before since he's been with the Eagles, but it wasn't a chronic issue. DeSean also said he'd seen other players miss or be late for meetings and they still played the following Sunday.

but special teams tho
indifferent.gif

interest in Bill Cowher?

I think we have enough skill players at just about every position, and the linebackers are too young to have a verdict on them yet.

I say use all the picks on OL and DL, both are getting old and inconsistent.

And pay that man DeSean damn! He is a home run threat receiving and on returns, you gotta keep a player like that! Cut Steve Smith and Riley Cooper tho.

^ i think we just need someone who can man the middle when it comes to our LBs..

they have been thrust in an unfair position this season having to play in the 'wide 9' system that allows Olineman a free pass at them (also doesn't help having an inexperienced coach running things).. and i dont know many LBs who can take on Olinemen and win that battle (see ray lewis' down years before they reloaded the tallent on the Dline in front of him)

and i think all 3 of these guys i've mentioned before (buffict, te'o and kuechly) have a chance to be special as 4-3 MLBs in the league.. and considering the way the league values MLBs we should be able to steal 1 in the late 1st or early 2nd

so that should give us a chance to draft an impact DE or DT with our first pick

but on our Oline.. you have to remember we have 2 young guys that are coming on (watkins and kelce).. herremans has played well at RT.. and peters has played well when healthy.. and mathis has been solid (who i think we should resign for cheap)

if we can just keep guys healthy and have them play together for a bit and gain some experience with one another.. we're good on the Oline and only need backups

Originally Posted by CJ616

How are you guys feeling about the Giants game on Sunday?
Just win. I expect to go into the 4th with a lead and need to see the team KEEP that lead. 
I'm hoping. 
ohwell.gif

^ if we can beat the giants, then they would have 4 losses.. and then giants lose 3 of the following (possible): @ saints, packers, @ cowboys, ********, @ jets and cowboys

and we can beat cowboys when we play them again PLUS they lose another game (thus us having the tie breaker.. because we won both games)

and obviously we would have to win out (improbable).. we could still make the playoffs (again improbable)

i would rather the giants win the division and make the playoffs if it came down to them or dallas

since i highly doubt we can win out.. i only care about winning 3 of our remaining games: pats, jets and cowboys

^ i figured we would go hard after his replacement in next year's draft (is there an andrew luckish dude coming out next year?!)..

cause his deal is really a 2-3 year deal when you look at the guaranteed money (inclusive of this year)

but it wouldnt surprise me if we pulled the trigger on someone like matt barkley if we were in a position to get him

RoobCSN Reuben Frank
Eagles were 16-2 under Sean McDermott when leading going into the fourth quarter. He was fired. They're 3-5 under Juan Castillo.

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

I feel VY is gonna have a big game is he starts and getS that W

Screencap this
I agree because for some reason Andy Reid will gameplan to a back up which will be run,run,run but when the starter is in there he can't get away from the pass. 

I feel like we will have a close game........until the 4th qtr. 
End result. We take the L 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

I feel like we will have a close game........until the 4th qtr. 
End result. We take the L 
ohwell.gif
same thing I feel, we really need all hands on deck to beat this team luckily Nate Allen is gonna be back but Maclin and Vick are shaky
grin.gif

I wouldn't be upset with losing the majority of our games; I just want Andy Reid out of here...I CANNOT take it anymore

I need a B team to root for until the Eagles replace Andy Reid

Eagles can beat the Giants if we play to our potential. We swept them last year.

Eagles have been losing to themselves lately. We can beat anyone in this league if everyone is on the same page. But that hasn't been the case.

Giants 30 Eagles 24

I'm not gonna get my hopes up again hoping they make the playoffs because I know I'll just be let down...The only reason we even have a .00001% part of our hearts left that think they can pull off a miracle run is the fact that they have all these big name players..But those names don't mean anything when you play uninspired and soft every time you hit the field..When your defensive coach is putting an inexperienced corner on a top 3 WR, and your head coach is making offensive play calls that are so predictable that a former player can call them out ahead of time, I can't sit there and think "Well maybe if the Eagles do this, and the Cowboys do that.." If we're mathematically in this in Week 14-15, I'll get my hopes back up..But at this moment, I'm not gonna convince myself that a 3-6 team will make a playoff run.

I don't feel sorry for anybody on that team except for McCoy..Dude goes out there week in and week out and gives 110%..He doesn't care about stats or any of that..He just wants to win..You got DeSean crying about a contract and half assing it every game while McCoy is a much better player and hasn't said a word about his garbage contract despite the fact he's a top 5 RB..He barely gets the ball in crunch time and hasn't complained even once about it..If they don't pay this guy well, I'm gonna be really mad

Vick didn't practice again today meaning Vince Young most likely gets the start, and I'm fine with that..That means 2 things...#1, this dude will actually have to play a game after all that Dream Team stuff he put on this team all season which put a crap load of pressure on them...And #2, McCoy will get the ball a lot more, which is a blessing because I'm getting sick of seeing the QB throw the ball on 3rd and 1..Plus, with the Giants pass rush, I'd have to sit there worried Vick doesn't break his arm or something..If Vince Young breaks every bone in his body against the Giants, I wouldn't be mad

Back
Top Bottom