***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

Didn't catch the whole game but the Run defense looked good.
Pass defense...
30t6p3b.gif

But yes, a WIN. Thank God.

Didnt think we could do it. Esp when ny tied it up in the 4th I thought welp game over. I am pleasantly suprised

I will be honest, going into the game I no hope for the game or any expectations of a win. But is was great to get a win, especially against a division rival.

The run defense was awesome tonight and even though they gave up some big plays I thought the pass defense wasn't too bad either. I was glad to see them make a clutch play with that fumble on the Giants last drive, I thought for sure they were going to give up a score.
I was also secretly hoping that VY would get knocked around a little after everything he's done this year. But it was nice to see him play well, even though he had 3 picks he did move us up and down the field good and was able to score when we needed it.

I think we still need to basically win out to win the division and get in the playoff's because there's no chance we're getting a wild card spot

Originally Posted by k3stacks

Didnt think we could do it. Esp when ny tied it up in the 4th I thought welp game over. I am pleasantly suprised

Same thing I thought. I was like the Eagles are going to let this one slip once again. But I came into the game with really low expectations, so when VY threw all those INTs I wasn't so heated. I was just "well, that was bound to happen." But don't get me wrong, I'm happy that we won the game. Our defense really stopped the run and for the most part held the Giant in check.

I expected a win going in to the Giants game. Afterall VY is the reason why we are probably 4-6 and not with a better record. All that talking he did prior to season start. At least he could do is help Eagles with 1 win before he gets the exit from Philly.

didn't expect this.. wish mccoy got that td at the end

we got a pulse.. still need a miracle.. but we play the cowboys again.. and giants have an impossible schedule (@ saints, packers, @ cowboys, ********, @ jets and cowboys)

i dont get how desean taunting AFTER the catch negates the catch itself

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

The Eagles will win the NFC east.

Did you see the remainder of the Cowboys schedule? They might as well be playing BCS teams..There's no way they lose more than 1-2 games the rest of the way..And I'm not saying that bc I think they're good, I'm saying it because their schedule is too easy for them not to. The only way the Giants or Eagles win the division is if we beat them and the Giants beat them at least once, and of course the Eagles would have to win 6 straight which I don't see happening. But I will remain optimistic for the sake of being a fan

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

and man if gano had made that 52 yard field goal

This whole season has been nothing but "what-if's"
tired.gif
What if Maclin holds on to that pass against the Falcons? What if Henry makes those FGs against the 49ers? What if Avant doesn't fumble twice in the 2nd half against the Bills? What if the tipped ball in the 1st half against the Cardinals gets tipped forward for an INT instead of back to Fitzgerald for a TD? What if the team converts those red zone INTs into TDs, or even FGs? Just a very disappointing season of missed opportunities..That's what's gonna hurt more if/when we get that 7th loss and are eliminated from playoff contention. I'd rather we lose by 10+ than to lose by a few points knowing if we capitalized on the opportunities that were laid out for us, we could have been a serious NFC contender
tired.gif
tired.gif

well if dolphins can keep up whatever they're doing and NY can win at least 1 for the boys (and hopefully tampa shows up in that game).. we have a chance

luckily the waters are muddy

I get where a lot of you guys are coming from, but until the eagles are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, i still got hope. Defense was superb tonight, VY came through when it mattered despite his 3 INTs. 3-1 in the division might help us down the road.

you guys are only 2 games back with tiebreakers over both dallas and the giants as of right now.

all of a sudden this cowboys dolphins game doesn't look like a for sure guaranteed cowboys win like it did a few weeks ago

the giants schedule is tough the final 6 games.

if philly beats new england on sunday and that's a huge if, their right back in the mix of things imo.

2 games back with 6 to go, philly is usually a good late season team while dallas and the giants aren't known for their december success. i know the cowboys don't want to have the eagles at home in a few weeks with only a 1 game lead on them.

Opinions on the upcoming Patriots game? Can the Eagles win w/o Vick and DeSean? I'd be more confident if we had both Desean and Maclin, but w/o one of our top 2 receivers (and our biggest deep threat) w/o Vick, it's gonna be rough. Vince proved he can win as a starter but the only game the team had so far w/o Desean was a terrible offensive performance. If Desean ends up playing, it would be huge because the Pats secondary has proven several times this season that they're not great in coverage

There are opportunities to be had against the Pats defense. I think even if Desean doesn't play we have a chance to do some things on offense, we still have Shady and Maclin who can both make plays and I liked what I saw out of Chad Hall last week, plus Avant and Steve Smith I think we have enough weapons offensively to score some points. And VY did a lot better last week than I thought he would, even though he had 3 int's he did some good things and with another week of reps I think he can be effective. But we have been inconsistent all year so I have no idea how our offense is going to play.
The key will be how our defense plays IMO. The blueprint is there on how to disrupt Brady's game, you need to jam the receivers at the line to through off his timing and hit him as much as possible. We have the people to do both those things but as we all know, our personnel doesn't always get used effectively.
I have no prediction on how we are going to do because we are so inconsistent. I can only hope that VY doesn't try to force anything, Shady doesn't get forgotten and we use our defense personnel in ways that they can be successful.

The Giants pass rush gave Brady issues when they played them in Foxboro so if the Eagles can pressure Brady the same way they did to Eli, we have a good chance. But with this defense, you never know who will show up. You either get the team that gave up 17 total points to 2 proficient offenses in our division (Cowboys/Giants) or the defense that was getting run all over early in the season.

Originally Posted by mrarmageddon

All the local writers are tweeting that Nnamdi was carted off the practice field with a knee injury...

Hope its not serious. Hanson said he heard that nam could return to practice tomorrow

just hope dude is OK.. they say it looked worse than it actually was.. some say he could return to practice tomorrow, also heard he's suppose to get an MRI

but we really need him against the pass happy pats

So Nnamdi is Questionable, DRC is Questionable, Vick is Questionable, and Maclin is doubtful. What a time for the team to be banged up
30t6p3b.gif
Trying to stay optimistic though

This is essentially a lose-lose for the coaching staff. If the Eagles win with Vince, fans and media are gonna say the Eagles should have started Vince all along and keep him as the starter for the rest of the year. If the Eagles lose, fans and media are gonna complain that Vick should have been out there even at 70% because he's making the big bucks for a reason.

Sucks to be an eagles fan right now. That was the nail in the coffin for sure. So many changes need to be made for next year. Start with getting rid of Luis Castillo ASAP!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom