***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

How do you guys feel about Casey running the MIKE with the 1's? I really feel he won't be the opening day starter, I think it'll be Akeem on the weak, Jamar in the middle and Fokou on the strong, with Casey and Keenan coming in on different packages.

As for the D-line, Victor has looked good so far, along with Ricky and Hunt being surprises.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

listening to nnambi's press conference, i am very impressed..

smart smart dude.. and when he spoke about what jersey number he would wear and speaking with hansen (even though we all know he's prob gone) WHOA

i'm very glad this dude is on our team
he is one of the best character guys not just in football but on the planet literally

Any truth to the rumor that Noel just packed up and left Lehigh because he wasn't getting enough touches?

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Any truth to the rumor that Noel just packed up and left Lehigh because he wasn't getting enough touches?

nerd.gif

i hope not
30t6p3b.gif

DJax to end his holdout!!! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Lets hope that Maclin gets better so we can have our #1 and #2 WR's practicing with the squad.
DeSean Jackson will end his hold out and report to Eagles training camp either Monday or Tuesday, according to a report from 6ABC.

Jackson has not reported to Eagles training camp, and while neither he nor his representatives have said anything about the situation, it's well known that he has wanted a new contract that matches his value as a Pro Bowl wide receiver. Jackson does not have a new contract, 6ABC reported.

The Eagles reported to Lehigh on Wednesday, but players were given until Thursday to report before facing any penalties, because of the quick re-start after the NFL lockout. The team only began padded practices Sunday. Jackson could be fined $30,000 for every day of camp he missed, though the team has not commented on any disciplinary action.

Because of his hold out and the lockout, Jackson has not worked with the team since the Eagles season ended in January. With Jeremy Maclin also out of training camp due to an illness, the Eagles have been missing their top two wide receivers.

Jackson's agent and spokesman did not immediately return messages seeking comment.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Report-DeSean-.html#ixzz1TjblEeUd 
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/82985662.html

that's what I want to hear, I could see if they still had last years rules on holding out but there was no leverage for Desean at all plus he still on that rookie contract. He can't afford to take too many of those fines

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

listening to nnambi's press conference, i am very impressed..

smart smart dude.. and when he spoke about what jersey number he would wear and speaking with hansen (even though we all know he's prob gone) WHOA

i'm very glad this dude is on our team
he is one of the best character guys not just in football but on the planet literally
He can act too.

On another note:

Does anyone kind of not enjoy being the "team to beat" and having the hype follow your team like this? Vince Young made me feel
sick.gif
when he said "dream team"
tired.gif

^ i hear you, andy put himself in a tight spot cause if he doesn't produce it basically be his fault, Nnamdi that dude tho'

Originally Posted by So Slickening

Does anyone kind of not enjoy being the "team to beat" and having the hype follow your team like this? Vince Young made me feel
sick.gif
when he said "dream team"
tired.gif

personally, i always enjoyed it.. whether it was from individual sports (swimming, then track).. to team sports (a little bit of baseball.. but football my last to years when i went stateside for high school)

being an eagles fan, i'm not pleased.. the mcnabb years i would have had a bigger concern.. but with desean, vick and crew i feel a little better  more like i did in my high school days when we knew we would would, it was just up to us to go out an execute and not become complacent..

the best recent example i cant think of is those '01 canes teams.. they were so pissed off about being robbed in '00 that they had the drive.. they went out and got the job done!

we know we have the team.. we know we have the talent.. it's time for no excuses go out and get the job done

As a Knicks' fan, I hate hearing the Eagles being called the "Heat" of the NFL
laugh.gif
By saying that, it's gonna make the Eagles the team to hate by casual fans for 2011 because a lot of non-Heat fans view Miami as villains. Vick already has enough haters w/o having to be considered the leader of the most hated team in the NFL.

But honestly, I believe a lot of people don't want the team to have the pressure of being "the team to beat" because they think if the team doesn't win the Superbowl, they'll end up catching the same criticism and negativity that the Heat faced when losing in the finals after those high expectations. I personally believe the pressure will bring the best out of all these players.

This is football, not basketball. In basketball, when there's a target on your back, your defender is trying to lock you down to prove you're overrated and that they can hang with you. But in football, when there's a target on your back, your defender will knock you the hell out if you're going easy or show-boating. Big difference

eagles fans are so annoying.
how are you guys stacked ? you will prolly win the division , and go to the second round.

You got vick as a QB , that type of QB does not work in the play offs.

dream team ? the team to beat ? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

clowns , you wont win the super bowl.

^we lost because of bum #*% akers, make a few field goals we easily knock off packers in the 1st round, how u syaing we're not the team to beat? We have by far the most explosive offense in the league and with the new addidtions we're definitley something to look out for.

durantula wrote:

^we lost because of bum #*% akers, make a few field goals we easily knock off
packers in the 1st round, how u syaing we're not the team to beat? We have by
far the most explosive offense in the league and with the new addidtions we're
definitley something to look out for.

No worries about Maclin? Sounds like he has a serious illness.

Originally Posted by polorico

how are you guys stacked ? you will prolly win the division , and go to the second round.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Everything you just said is what's being said by casual fans/everyone else in the league BUT the die-hard Eagles fans. "Dream Team" wasn't even said by ANYONE other than Vince Young's nutty #%@, and regarding "team to beat": Google the Philadelphia Eagles and narrow the results to "Past week". The rest of football is a lot more hype than we are in terms of being obnoxious with it. The real fans are concerned with signing D-Jax right now

Get outta here, hater.
As a Knicks' fan, I hate hearing the Eagles being called the "Heat" of the NFL
laugh.gif
By saying that, it's gonna make the Eagles the team to hate by casual fans for 2011 because a lot of non-Heat fans view Miami as villains. Vick already has enough haters w/o having to be considered the leader of the most hated team in the NFL.
Word... idk, I just hate the stigma that comes with big free agent signings. The only exception was when my Phillies started the season with that rotation
sick.gif
that was undeniably stacked.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Explain to me how Vick doesn't work in the playoffs?  does your radio only tune into 2005?

Originally Posted by StickyRicky34

Didn't see this posted:

@espnnfl Source: Eagles expect Jackson to end holdout: The Eagles expect Jackson to end his holdout sometime this w.. http://es.pn/oHjVtc

At $30k a day, he couldn't of held out much longer on his $565,000 salary
laugh.gif
. Not a lot of leverage.

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

395998609.jpg
& if you are which i think you are
30t6p3b.gif
392297397.jpg
392297397.jpg

laugh.gif
. Here come the haters.

I expect to see these clowns coming in here talking $#%@ all year long.

Noel Devine didn't 
laugh.gif

what an idiot, went from potential third rounder in 2010 to quitting camp as undrafted free agent

Eagles' fans are annoying but you're in an Eagles thread just to hate. Oh the irony
grin.gif

And a lot of people are sleeping on the Vince Young signing. He might not be an elite QB but he can definitely hold his own. Kolb couldn't handle the pressure that came with being a starter of an offensive juggernaut like the Eagles, which is why he struggled last season when he started. Young has been a starter most of his career, and Reid has the ability to make Young the type of QB that he is capable of being. Plus, with Vick, there are a lot of plays in the playbook that allow the QB to run the ball. If Vick misses a game or 2, Reid could run the same plays with Vince.

Been away from the computer for the last five days but
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 @ our signings. LETS GOOOOOOOO

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Take the heat off the pack please. you can be the "team to beat"

i REALLY want revenge against you guys, if we see ya'll in the playoffs Cullen going after that @## 
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom