Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

Originally Posted by nyrican23

Do you have canon or nikon? The canon forums is photographyonthenet.com
nikon d40... got it 2 weeks ago
laugh.gif
POTN might not be the best place for you then. There's a lot of helpful info but Nikon users are frowned upon
pimp.gif

Yeah I'd change the white balance on all of those pictures, but they're a start.

and breaking news... my D80 was stolen (supposedly). I'm trying to find out information on what happened.
smh.gif
Terrible day for me.

^ Damn Justin, that sucks

Me on the other hand am getting a new toy tomorrow!!! Can't wait! Will post photos when I get it
wink.gif

Thank you Rap Sizzle, Apollo XXXIII and nyrican23 for your responses.

I wanna get a 'nifty fifty'... prob more towards march tho

And to answer your question Rap Sizzle, even tho your a Canon guy.. i have the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens and 55-200mm f/4-5.6 VR. I'd be willing to spendI guess $50ish on a filter.. that's all I have to spend now
laugh.gif
(damn economy). Should I wait and save up for a more expensive better one?

I'mnew to my Nikon. I liked the way this came out but I can't seem to duplicate it. Anyone have tips on how I can get crisp pics in low light situations? isthe "nifty50" the next lens I shouyld be heading toward?

^ Ummm...dude...wanna resize?
laugh.gif

Sharp/crisp and low light don't exactly go together. To get sharp images, you need narrow apertures and with narrow apertures, you need more light. You canstill get pretty sharp photos with wide aperture lenses but those can cost quite a bit. The 50mm f/1.8 prime is a good introductory lens to shoot in low lightthough. Were you shooting in auto?

^ The pic would have been better if the more of the girls body was visible in the frame.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

^ The pic would have been better if the more of the girls body was visible in the frame.
happy.gif
laugh.gif
i was just thinking the same thing

thank you for the links rapsizzle

so get the uv first? i googled it and some site said the only filter that matters is a polarizing one.. i gotta get a for dummies book on all this or take aclass somewhere

^ UV filters offer protection. If you read around, you'll notice that photographers are split when it comes to using protective filters. Some say itdegrades image quality while others like me feel otherwise. One of the reason for getting a high quality filter like the B+W ones I've suggested is becausethe cheaper $7 ones actually do affect your images. You'll actually lose a stop (in simple terms, light is lost through the filter) with cheap ones.

Sorry for flooding the thread with my posts but I can't sleep due to excitement for the receipt of my package tomorrow
laugh.gif

^ MkII?

If not, then it's the $6000 20mm f/0.8[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]L[/color] IS Thatactually comes with a lens hood...
glasses.gif
J/K

3217670352_68eeeba2c2_b.jpg

3216817209_772d1901ac_b.jpg

3217669642_e19363e04e_b.jpg

3217670212_b9ef09c9db_b.jpg

Awesome... I know... C/C not needed.

laugh.gif

Damn Santi...why you gotta post that Rogers Cable remote...makes me miss Toronto
frown.gif

btw, check out Noise Ninja to clear up some of your shots.

i am a little sick of my skylines right now (and i'm sure you guys are too), so i'll move onto some portraits/action shots that you guys could critiquefor me

this is my niece. she was running at me and i caught her when she was about 10-12 feet away.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

^ Ummm...dude...wanna resize?
laugh.gif

Sharp/crisp and low light don't exactly go together. To get sharp images, you need narrow apertures and with narrow apertures, you need more light. You can still get pretty sharp photos with wide aperture lenses but those can cost quite a bit. The 50mm f/1.8 prime is a good introductory lens to shoot in low light though. Were you shooting in auto?

what lens do u recommend for low light other than the 50mm f/1.8?

Some pics from last weekend. My camera kind of sucks so...
grin.gif
I'llprobably head back downtown tomorrow to take some better pics.

122hezt.jpg

Super Lasagna pizza....heaven on Earth

15i7093.jpg

Roof of the Pantheon

169lv05.jpg

Fountain Of Trevi

2hfnyas.jpg

The Pantheon

v83p12.jpg

The Coliseum..kept the original size of the pic to try to capture how massive it is (pause).

9gvbiv.jpg

Caesar was that dude.

Originally Posted by jordanX3

Some pictures I took with my G10 when I was in NY over new years eve.

3216879713_5123732f46_b.jpg

3217740314_c85986dfe1_b.jpg
3217730682_7e084be05a_b.jpg
3217741190_946a90be5d_b.jpg
3217740870_8efa3634ec_b.jpg

what settings are used to achieve that kind of coloration? the pics are dope btw. i was playing with my homegirls G10 over the weekend. it makes me want one!so many options and it takes amazing pics.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Some pics from last weekend. My camera kind of sucks so...
grin.gif
I'll probably head back downtown tomorrow to take some better pics.

122hezt.jpg

Super Lasagna pizza....heaven on Earth
i like this shot, the orange sets off the pizza nicely and the other pizza has a good placement.

if you're still in rome, try using a longer shutter speed at the trevi fountain to create that mist effect. thats what i wanted to do, but didnt have adslr back then.

also, try alice's pizza by vatican city. as you walk out from st. peter's go to the left exit of the square. go down a block or two and make a right onone of the small streets. best thin crust i've had.

Some nice pictures in here -

I need to step up my game ..

This might help - Seriously looking into it!

3218698552_289c0b39dc_o.jpg

3217847335_6b9488701c_o.jpg

I manage to keep the exif in all for you Rap - lol now I'm working on the TIP. I have the shutter lock, i need to find how to change it to the AF!

P.S.

My Parade Access Card - Blurred out the name and organization for security reasons - LOL

3217847701_9c6313f5a0_o.jpg

so i have about 11K shutter actuations on my D50. how much longer till i need to replace my shutter/cam? 50K? sometimes more?

Back
Top Bottom