Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

This "tint" I see often in alot of photos...is this the result of post upload editing or some sort of filter?

1i1gsj.jpg

fbck0.jpg

3813966969_dfec145ae2.jpg

3810621464_d976741155.jpg

Originally Posted by Im Not You

This "tint" I see often in alot of photos...is this the result of post upload editing or some sort of filter?

1i1gsj.jpg

fbck0.jpg

3813966969_dfec145ae2.jpg

3810621464_d976741155.jpg

I would like to know as well. I tried on PS but never knew how to emulate it properly.

Finally got myself a Canon G10.
So far so good.
I still need to learn how to use it the best way possible as of yet.
215.jpg

Any tips, suggestions for a newbie?

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

I would like to know as well. I tried on PS but never knew how to emulate it properly.
I tried PS as well. Seems like it would something fairly simple to do tho

Originally Posted by jay kickz till i die

^bana, i've heard good reviews of the 135L but some say it's a little too long to handheld. although i've never used it personally, it's just what i've heard. the 85L on the other hand is one of the most amazing lenses i've ever used. amazingly sharp wide open and a lot of fun to use. i'd def. check it out if i were you.

blah!
oh man, my friend has the 85 and ive used it numerous times. i love it! but its super heavy and better off used for portraits, as the focus isdelicate.
im looking for something with a bit further focal length and a big aperture, for night photos.

Originally Posted by DJ bana

^bana, i've heard good reviews of the 135L but some say it's a little too long to handheld. although i've never used it personally, it's just what i've heard. the 85L on the other hand is one of the most amazing lenses i've ever used. amazingly sharp wide open and a lot of fun to use. i'd def. check it out if i were you.

blah!
oh man, my friend has the 85 and ive used it numerous times. i love it! but its super heavy and better off used for portraits, as the focus is delicate.
im looking for something with a bit further focal length and a big aperture, for night photos.

you beat me to it .. the 85L is a great portrait lens however wide open the razor thing bokeh and the delicate focus can make some situations disastrous ..

the 135L is a great lens however is real long, but if you are not going to get on peoples face or you are going to be at a distance from what you are trying tocapture .. go for it .. I love mines but I don't take it out often .. just a hand full of times

I would try some of these photoshop actions to get the feel of the pictures above.

The actions run a series of preset commands.
http://larafairie.deviantart.com/art/Lara-Jade-Actions-Free-Sample-62588130
Lara_Jade_Actions__Free_Sample_by_larafairie.jpg

http://saturn-rings.deviantart.com/art/Photoshop-Action-22-97768044
Photoshop_Action_22_by_saturn_rings.png

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

Originally Posted by DJ bana

blah!
oh man, my friend has the 85 and ive used it numerous times. i love it! but its super heavy and better off used for portraits, as the focus is delicate.

you beat me to it .. the 85L is a great portrait lens however wide open the razor thing bokeh and the delicate focus can make some situations disastrous ..

the 135L is a great lens however is real long, but if you are not going to get on peoples face or you are going to be at a distance from what you are trying to capture .. go for it .. I love mines but I don't take it out often .. just a hand full of times

sell it to me! =]
and yes.. i want this lens for long distance shooting (so i can take pics of people.... hahaha yes, im creepy).

Okay folks.

After more than 10 years of point and shoot cameras (Mavica FD5, Canon Powershot S45, S70 and G9), I'm finally gonna make the jump to DSLR cameras.

I'm looking to purchase a Canon T1i (body only) for my US trip next week.

Which affordable all around lens should I buy?

Is the Tamron 18-200mm any good? How is it compared to Canon's 18-200mm IS lens?

I'm on a limited budget and Canon lenses are too pricey for me.

Should I just stick with the kit 18-55mm lens?

Originally Posted by xXOkAYplaYerXx

I would try some of these photoshop actions to get the feel of the pictures above.

The actions run a series of preset commands.
http://larafairie.deviantart.com/art/Lara-Jade-Actions-Free-Sample-62588130
Lara_Jade_Actions__Free_Sample_by_larafairie.jpg

http://saturn-rings.deviantart.com/art/Photoshop-Action-22-97768044
Photoshop_Action_22_by_saturn_rings.png
good info. thanks

Originally Posted by CashmereThought96

Messing around with lights at a family BBQ mom gave out glow sticks to the kids pretty cool effect

yea kinda cool. I really enjoy long exposures for some reason.
Next time maybe you could use a tripod or something stable so that it would keep the background setting sharp? It looks like you did it hand held?

Originally Posted by lauk4kicks

Originally Posted by CashmereThought96

Messing around with lights at a family BBQ mom gave out glow sticks to the kids pretty cool effect

Next time maybe you could use a tripod or something stable so that it would keep the background setting sharp? It looks like you did it hand held?
I was just about to say the same thing. Just set it on something stable if you don't have a tripod. it will make the pics a lot better.

Originally Posted by airjordanjack

lauk4kicks wrote:

CashmereThought96 wrote:

Messing around with lights at a family BBQ mom gave out glow
sticks to the kids pretty cool effect

I was just about to say the same thing. Just set it on something stable if you don't have a tripod. it will make the pics a lot better.

Yea i think im gonna pick up a pretty cheap tripod tommrow and do sometest shots i enjoy long exposures too i need a dam remote for my d40 since i do alot of self shots etc

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Okay folks.

After more than 10 years of point and shoot cameras (Mavica FD5, Canon Powershot S45, S70 and G9), I'm finally gonna make the jump to DSLR cameras.

I'm looking to purchase a Canon T1i (body only) for my US trip next week.

Which affordable all around lens should I buy?

Is the Tamron 18-200mm any good? How is it compared to Canon's 18-200mm IS lens?

I'm on a limited budget and Canon lenses are too pricey for me.

Should I just stick with the kit 18-55mm lens?
personally, im not a fan of tamron lenses. if i were you, id save up the extra dough and cop the canon, or maybe a sigma?
idk what it is but every time i use a tamron i find that my images have not been sharp, especially when stopped all the way open.

the kit lens is always great, but it seems youre looking for a decent zoom.. and theres a HUGE difference between 55mm and 200. would u maybe be interested ina prime lens? i love prime lenses, so ill always mention that as an option.

also, consider buying a USED canon lens. i buy all of my lenses (canon, sigma, L lenses) used through eBay or Keh. Used lenses are usually a 1/3rd of the pricecheaper and in awesome condition.

but, props on choosing a t1, great great camera for a first SLR.

also, id recommend buying a the 50mm 1.8. its under 100 bucks and will make your videos look really professional because of the DOF. people always freak outwhen i take videos at 1.8 or 1.4.. "WHOA YOUR CAMERA IS SO COOL".. but really its the lens!

Back
Top Bottom