Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Blaze I don use any filters only uv's and that's for protective purposes....I just practice with different layers on cs3
Usually after I've adjusted composition, crop and minor exposure on LR, I then take it to CS3 where I follow the following steps for this type of edit.
-duplicate layer
-50% overlay
-merge layers
-duplicate layer
-40% destaurate
-merge layers
-duplicate layer
-10-20% gradient layer, for this set I used the yellow/orange gradient
-merge layer
-last step is duplicate layer and add a 30% noise filter for the grainy effect.

Play around with it.
happy.gif

Ohh and no books just forums like POTN and ISS
ksteezy - that is some awesome information, MUCH appreciated. By now I actually know everything you're referring to. I will be checking outthose forums too and trying those steps out on CS3. Thanks for dropping knowledge, looking forward to more of your photos!

RavageENT - i own two bodies, a 40d and a 5dmkII and a couple of short range lenses, i dont do any major photoshopping, just minor tone adjustments andcrop....ohh and it has cost me a ****loadddd of money bro....definately an expensive hobby...lol

Originally Posted by ksteezy

RavageENT - i own two bodies, a 40d and a 5dmkII and a couple of short range lenses, i dont do any major photoshopping, just minor tone adjustments and crop....ohh and it has cost me a ****loadddd of money bro....definately an expensive hobby...lol

you can say that last part again

Finally found a camera bag I liked. Clean design, and doesn't scream "camera bag" It's all customizable inside also, kind of a pain in the%%$ trying to get all those velcro foam pieces where I wanted. Now for some more gear to fill it up...
embarassed.gif

4162375270_8de855a2ca.jpg

4162375684_2877a967df.jpg
4161616523_33d696e580.jpg

Alright, serious question here for both Nikon and Canon shooters. It's long-winded, but bear with me.

My original plan was to upgrade from the D40x to the Canon 7D. However, after reading a TON of reviews, people are complaining that the IQ hasn't improved,and apparently Sigma lenses aren't 100% compatible with it. I only care about the latter part because after the 24-70 f/2.8, I'm looking into the Sigma10mm f/2.8 fisheye.

I didn't originally plan on going FF because the breakthroughs in recent sensors has brought high ISO performance a long way as far as low-lightphotography is concerned. I've been doing some price comparisons, and for an extra $500 or so I could get the 5DmkII with just a standard kit lens for nowand the nifty fifty.

SO...5DmkII for a little more money and a little more time, or 7D with L glass sometime in December or January?

Bana, airjordanjack, where you at? I know you're both Canon lovers.

Anyways, ksteezy-- what's the lighting look like for that one with the medical mask? And what kind of PP did you do? Also, that baby is hella cute.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Finally found a camera bag I liked. Clean design, and doesn't scream "camera bag" It's all customizable inside also, kind of a pain in the %%$ trying to get all those velcro foam pieces where I wanted. Now for some more gear to fill it up...
embarassed.gif
If it's like a Slingshot rather than an over-the-shoulder bag, then info ASAP.
nerd.gif

anyone have any stop motion they wanna share?

i have a stop motion project due and i need some ideas

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Finally found a camera bag I liked. Clean design, and doesn't scream "camera bag" It's all customizable inside also, kind of a pain in the %%$ trying to get all those velcro foam pieces where I wanted. Now for some more gear to fill it up...
embarassed.gif
If it's like a Slingshot rather than an over-the-shoulder bag, then info ASAP.
nerd.gif
It is a sling. I'm not sure if by "over-the-shoulder" bag you mean 2 straps. This one has 1 strap but you still gotta throw it"over-the-shoulder" soo...
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

18-2140-IMG7L.jpeg

http://products.lowepro.c...-Sling-180-AW,2140,4.htm

180 though? You must be pooping gold bricks or have a pretty well paying job
laugh.gif

Looked at the details. Congratulations though, it's everything I want
frown.gif

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Alright, serious question here for both Nikon and Canon shooters. It's long-winded, but bear with me.

My original plan was to upgrade from the D40x to the Canon 7D. However, after reading a TON of reviews, people are complaining that the IQ hasn't improved, and apparently Sigma lenses aren't 100% compatible with it. I only care about the latter part because after the 24-70 f/2.8, I'm looking into the Sigma 10mm f/2.8 fisheye.

I didn't originally plan on going FF because the breakthroughs in recent sensors has brought high ISO performance a long way as far as low-light photography is concerned. I've been doing some price comparisons, and for an extra $500 or so I could get the 5DmkII with just a standard kit lens for now and the nifty fifty.

SO...5DmkII for a little more money and a little more time, or 7D with L glass sometime in December or January?

Bana, airjordanjack, where you at? I know you're both Canon lovers.

Anyways, ksteezy-- what's the lighting look like for that one with the medical mask? And what kind of PP did you do? Also, that baby is hella cute.

If your plan is to go with the sigma 10mm, then dont go FF, simply because this lense is not compatible wih any FF camera, look into the canon 15mm, they areabout the same price and on a FF camera its pretty much exactly as a 10mm on a 1.6X crop. as far as witch to choose between the 7d or the 5dmkII, my advice isbiased as i own the 5dmkII and ive never shot or been interested in the 7d....so my advice is the 5dmkII....lol
as far as the lighting on that mask shot, it was simple, i had a 580exII triggered remotely with PW's to the left of the camera, set on ett-l, shootingwith the sun directly behind me (subject). BTW this was shot with the siggy10mm + 40d combo, I LOVE IT.
settings for that shot.
Camera: Canon EOS 40D
Exposure: 1/5000 sec
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 10 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Anywho a couple or more, some sneaker photography for a change.
4167467697_0efe5383b1_b.jpg

my fiancee on our firescape..lol
3469396085_90bc39ed5d_b.jpg

^
eek.gif
pimp.gif
the shoe pic will be my wallpaper for a while...
laugh.gif

Anyway, some from this weekend.
4161714578_c02050e2c9_o.jpg

4160959591_b6fd68777b_o.jpg

4161716086_b5c4bb523c_o.jpg

After a cloudy day. I'm too lazy to edit out the power lines and trees...
ohwell.gif

4162668180_c317d4fef5_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom