Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

quick I have mad work that I haven't posted, because PP is not my forte and it takes a long time .. I will say by next year I'm going to start lookingaround (locally) for location shoots .. doing more elaborate shoots and magazine worthy stuff .. right now all I'm doing is buying time and in themeanwhile getting my lighting techniques good .. I'm also testing with various MUA and Hair Stylist to see what's good .. once I start hitting thislocations its mostly going to be High Fashion with Avant Garde hair or very cover girl like ..

But yeah thats my intent not exactly whats going to happen .. I know my lighting in studio is getting better and better and I been getting more attention byPhotogs around my area as well as designer .. lol

I remember asking a designer to work with me and he blew me off when I started and yesterday I hit him up again with a shoot I did for another designer andlord and behold he is creating something new for me .. lol .. actually he is creating something similar to what DJ bana posted .. the feather over garment ..so lets see how it turns out ...

I'm still on my grind and lately I been very unpleased with studio is getting boring real fast ...

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

quick I have mad work that I haven't posted, because PP is not my forte and it takes a long time .. I will say by next year I'm going to start looking around (locally) for location shoots .. doing more elaborate shoots and magazine worthy stuff .. right now all I'm doing is buying time and in the meanwhile getting my lighting techniques good .. I'm also testing with various MUA and Hair Stylist to see what's good .. once I start hitting this locations its mostly going to be High Fashion with Avant Garde hair or very cover girl like ..

But yeah thats my intent not exactly whats going to happen .. I know my lighting in studio is getting better and better and I been getting more attention by Photogs around my area as well as designer .. lol

I remember asking a designer to work with me and he blew me off when I started and yesterday I hit him up again with a shoot I did for another designer and lord and behold he is creating something new for me .. lol .. actually he is creating something similar to what DJ bana posted .. the feather over garment .. so lets see how it turns out ...

I'm still on my grind and lately I been very unpleased with studio is getting boring real fast ...

cant wait to see the results
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DJ bana

cant wait to see the results
pimp.gif
What you need to do is stop messing around and hook it up down there girl ... You have an eye and you have unlimeted resource .. you seem to knowa lot of good people and dont mind setting @@$# out doors as well .. So I dont know what's holding you man ... I might have to take a trip down there toshoot with you one day .. Im sure my picture in my eyes will not look as good as the one you posted - the mood the feel everything was perfect ....

Quick, Good stuff my man.
smokin.gif

I know my shots are no where near publishing level, but I always wondered how to go about... getting published, or even charging for pictures.

Seems like such a complicated process.

dope shots quick
and rikan, i like your model pics.

i have a question, should i get the sigma 10mm fisheye or a 13" MBP. my macbook is starting to overheat all the time. but i really want the sigma fisheye.

Originally Posted by FlyingEMU05

dope shots quick

i have a question, should i get the sigma 10mm fisheye or a 13" MBP. my macbook is starting to overheat all the time. but i really want the sigma fisheye.
That's a tough one. Find out what's wrong with your mac.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

dope shots quick

That's a tough one. Find out what's wrong with your mac.

true. but my mac is way out of warranty already and would probably cost a good amount to fix. i'll keep thinking about it.

bana, dope second pic. i like the grain on these retro type pictures.

^^^^^Just get one and then get the other. Either way, you kind of need both so just start on one and then save for the other. I honestly would get a computerover a camera but that is just me. I don't think I can just have a camera and not unload pics onto a computer to edit it but I can sure live with just acomputer and not a camera.

Union Square people are always "odd"

3924040407_e88e019461.jpg
3924827930_4bb63dea94.jpg
3924834506_47cd72c619.jpg

3924074381_f39d81ae97.jpg
3924076591_a8db9d7358.jpg
3924874532_f30b3c0bf0.jpg

ANN TAYLOR At union Sq

3924097053_a8eca99586.jpg
3924099513_1eda5bca04.jpg

btw what do you guys use to tag your pictures? and whats your opinion on frames?

bought this today
303fgx1.jpg

did this one with the new lens
2db3t5f.jpg

these are a little older and with the kit lens nothing special but i still like them
10cvjlw.jpg

s1lpbb.jpg

nice lens pickup. mine has been mounted on my camera since i bought it.
im shooting pictures and playing with my camera since i bought the lens 5 hours ago.i really like to use it in lowlight..

i just found an old camera bag of my dad and there was a filter inside it says " HOYA 52mm PL JAPAN "you can turn the front part can anybody tell mewhat this filter is for
and why you can turn the front part ?

3917675410_3f844d8a74_b.jpg

eek.gif

HOW DID YOU LIGHT THIS!!!!?

Oh and how are yall lighting yall's outdoor shots with only an external mounted flash ? where is it pointing and what diffuser + settings are yall on ? Iwas pointing mine upward + left and tilted...using 1/20 rear sync and f4 on

Originally Posted by AF187

nice lens pickup. mine has been mounted on my camera since i bought it.
im shooting pictures and playing with my camera since i bought the lens 5 hours ago.i really like to use it in lowlight..

i just found an old camera bag of my dad and there was a filter inside it says " HOYA 52mm PL JAPAN "you can turn the front part can anybody tell me what this filter is for
and why you can turn the front part ?
that's a polarizing filter. it's just like polarized sunglasses. they block light that's not coming in parallel. when light bouncesoff objects and comes back to your lens, it's usually coming in from all directions. glare will come in at a certain angle. by rotating the filter, youcan cut the glare depending on what degree you rotate the filter. you can try it on a sunny day by rotating it while looking through the viewfinder.

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

eek.gif

HOW DID YOU LIGHT THIS!!!!?

Oh and how are yall lighting yall's outdoor shots with only an external mounted flash ? where is it pointing and what diffuser + settings are yall on ? I was pointing mine upward + left and tilted...using 1/20 rear sync and f4 on
step 1: unmount your external flash from the camera

you shouldn't be tilting the flash head unless you're trying to bounce the light off of a surface. outdoors, there's hardly any times to bounceflash when it's mounted on your camera. there's a lot more to outdoor lighting to describe in a few settings or techniques. really, you already havethe sun and the sky as two major light sources, and you have to consider how they both contribute to the ambient light of your composition. you can read up abit on strobist.com and planetneil for the basics.

the shots that rikan took look like at least a 3 light setup. something like:
- large, diffuse source camera right as key (main).
- medium, diffused source (or reflector) slightly to camera left and raised a bit
- vertical strip light from slightly behind and to the model's right
- possible hair light, high and behind model
- possible background light

He was very close ..

On light (Main) to camera left with large softbox (serve for both face and some hair highlights)
On light (Fill) to camera right with large softbox
On light (Rim/Hair) to models right with a large strip box (serve for the highlight on her face and hair)

No background light the spill from the Main light and the fill light provided for some BG light - the BG was actually black the spill made it grey ..

P.S. There's no set way to light a subj is all to the photographer and its interpretation ..

Back
Top Bottom