Official PITTSBURGH STEELERS 2011-2012 SEASON THREAD vol. THE BOUNCE BACK SEASON

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Yeah I read today too. and with Harrison out, Timmons moves to his position. Likely Slyvester will more playing time.

With the o-line tho it's all mental. They're gettin beat by simple stuff
I'm not too worried about Debo (Harrison) missing time because we have othe guys that will step up. I like Jason Worilds.

I don't think the o-line issues are mental. Except for Gilbert whose a rookie, I think the problems are lack of ability. Those dudes can't play at this level. Also, I don't think Kemoeatu is fully healthy either (not a big fan of him anyway).

Colbert & Khan have to really step it up & draft some beefy corn fed o-lineman ASAP. Aside from Pouncey & Gilbert, they haven't drafted a lot of o-linemen & we're really paying for it now. God I hope we get Flozell back provided he can still play. I would like having a salty vet on that o-line that's kind of nasty & mean.

Heard Max Starks showed up in Pittsburgh in shape & ready to play. Hope it works out because we need help on that o-line desperately. Came across this video via SI.com's Hot Clicks section of Polumalu scarring folks at Madame Tussauds wax museum. Thought it was amusing...

Well, today is a reckoning of sorts isn't it? Let's see if we can get a win home against a decent Titan team. Here we go Steelers, here we go (waiving my Terrible Towel)...

Looks like Isaac Redman is going to start for an injured Mendenhall. Nothing to do with his controversy but I never really liked him (even back at Illinois). Always thought Redman looked decent in preseason (which doesn't really amount to much), so looking forward to seeing what he can do against a good team today. Playing some Redman's Time 4 Some Action for Isaac's start today... Let's go Steelers!!!

Clark and his personal foul penalties are starting to become real annoying

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Clark and his personal foul penalties are starting to become real annoying
Yea, I'm with you there... I get the feeling he think's he is better than he actually is.

Nice, 21-3 in the second Q & Redman taking advantage of the playing time. Hope Gilbert Brown is ok...

You guys are a true NFL roller coaster.

laugh.gif
@ THE Titans

Originally Posted by RKO2004

You guys are a true NFL roller coaster.

laugh.gif
@ THE Titans
It sure would seem that way, but it's still going to be a long game. Munchak has been doing a nice job of making adjustments at halftime this season so the second half should be interesting...

Yea but we're up 21-3 so it's cool. Watch for Munchak & the Titans making adjustments in the second half. Looks like we're holding down this thread dmxfury!!!

Good win at home against a decent team. Next week's game should be a win at home & then we got Zona at thier place which is winable. Season is still young so the quest for 7 continues...

I never liked the Steelers picking up Mendenhall in the draft. I remember watching many a Big Ten games with him. He fumbled too much & he could never bounce outside to rip a run. Strictly between the tackle RB & with the way our o-line looks this season, it's no wonder he's struggling. I would never ever give RBs & LBs a ton of dough. They're a dime a dozen to me. You can always get a decent one in the draft or in free angency especially when teams make cuts to expensive vets.Here's an interesting article from Ed Bouchette at the Pitts Post-Gazette here. Sounds like Pouncey is ok (phew).

Unless you can get an outstanding back (AP or CJ type) most RBs are the same to me as well. Look at Denver a few years ago, if a hole is there someone will run through it, if not, unless you are one in a few, you won't get much yardage. Rashard is not going to be a long term player

Phew. It was kinda close in the second half but we got that W. The Jags always play the Steelers tough. Should've been able to plow through the Jags today but I'll take this W. Damn, can we loose any more o-lineman? Hope Legursky is ok. Not a good sign when your carted off. Now gotta go to Zona & get another...

Wonder if Ben took a hit or something and had an undisclosed injury/stinger. If not very eerie how well he played 1st half then terrible 2nd half

Didnt like the gameplan in the second half. It pretty much allowed the Jags back in the game. But they do play the Steelers everytime

Damn, didn't know Polumalu went out in the 4th quarter. Story here from ProFootballTalk.com. Hope he's ok. Imma co-sign with krazy88s, not a big fan of the game plan for the second half. I really don't like Areans. Having said that, you get limited in what you'd like to do if you can't protect your QB or open holes for your RB. A wins a win though...

Or maybe his foot acted up. I was real upset with the roughing punter penalty. No reason to go after a block and allowed them to have some life. Hope Troy is fine

Nice write up here regarding La-La-Lamarr. Seemed like he & Timmons were certa quiet during the first couple of weeks. Although Zona is kind looking week this year, this will be a godo chance to get a W on the road. Let's see how our DBs do with Fitzy.

This game could've been over in the first half. Ben left a lot of points on the board with those deep throws he kept missing. It can be fixed, though.

That being said, this team is so inconsistant right now. From the coaching to the playing. Arians called a GREAT game last week, I'm not sure why it's so hard for him to keep that up. I don't know if it's him or the lack of execution, but it needs to fixed (I say this every year, though, so...). This offense has way too much talent and potential to play like they did in the second half of this game. It's very frustrating.

The defense looked good, not great, but they played well enough. Troy (as usual) is the standout, hopefully that head injury isnt too bad. Troy and Harrison out would be a disaster. Really.

Oh, and it's good to know Woodley is still alive. I know he usually gets off to a slow start, but before these last two games I couldn't even tell if he was on the field or not...

Back
Top Bottom