Official Pizza Appreciation!

As a person that been in NY 27 years in my life. 10 in the military. New York has nothing on Chicago and Detroit. They different. Bruh I was in Detroit, first of all mad abandon homes. Dudes outside front of the house no shirt, with a shotgun. **** look like The Wire. I just know I’m never going back. Chicago you get killed just going to get a deep dish pizza.

I'm from Chicago. It gets wild out here during summers. But most times it depends on how you conduct yourself. People rarely walk up and just randomly check people out of nowhere. This used to happen a lot more in the 90's, not so much anymore. There's usually an underlying respect and understanding between everyone that anybody can get got. But if you put yourself in a position where you get out of pocket, then you're green lit for everybody.

I'll be in NY this summer. I'll be taking the subway most the time. Should be interesting to see the differences.

Publics transit is always super wild.

Same **** in any city. Train/bus in Chicago or vegas is no different than Minneapolis or Bay Area.

Just depends on where you are in the city.
Damn, I didn't know Minneapolis was crazy too. You almost never hear anything about their public transit system in the news. The cops there though- diff story. I've also read Vegas has some of the most racist cops in the U.S. I've never been there but few people have told me the this.

As a person that been in NY 27 years in my life. 10 in the military. New York has nothing on Chicago and Detroit. They different. Bruh I was in Detroit, first of all mad abandon homes. Dudes outside front of the house no shirt, with a shotgun. **** look like The Wire. I just know I’m never going back. Chicago you get killed just going to get a deep dish pizza.
Detroit & Philly def on a different level, agreed. I want to go to Detroit for their pan style pizza. Sad that Chicago is such a beautiful city(been there like 5 times & still can't get enough of it) like truly ChiTown holds it's own & can go toe to toe with any American city but it gets overshadowed with the crime that happens-sad.

Nyc has turned into mayhem thanks to that idiot DeBlasio. I feel like although Guliani was corrupt af he was the only one who got **** done in this city. Mans ran the city with an ironfist & cleaned up the streets. From '08-present day it's been trash here. Just a month ago in my neighborhood 4 young men opened fire in broad daylight(arguement was over a chick & a phone) & few innocent bystanders were shot 1 of whom age 14 is now permanently paralyzed since the bullet is stuck in her neck. Ish is heartbreaking man to see our city go to hell.

I'm from Chicago. It gets wild out here during summers. But most times it depends on how you conduct yourself. People rarely walk up and just randomly check people out of nowhere. This used to happen a lot more in the 90's, not so much anymore. There's usually an underlying respect and understanding between everyone that anybody can get got. But if you put yourself in a position where you get out of pocket, then you're green lit for everybody.

I'll be in NY this summer. I'll be taking the subway most the time. Should be interesting to see the differences.
I've always felt safe walking the streets of Chicago. There is always a heavy police presence downtown. If you don't act a fool & don't go looking for trouble you'll be ok just about anywhere.

Not to scare you but just friendly advice when you come here & are in the subway keep your head on a swivel.

Minneapolis has its good and sketch areas just like anywhere.

The city is changing though and not for the better. The wealth gap is getting out of control and the condos took over.

I used to lived in this spot called Steven’s square. Kind of hood but i liked it for the most part. All the corner stores/ places to eat are gone. All the people are now transplants and most the og’s can’t afford it.

Homelessness is out of control too.

Born and raised in Manhattan. Whats going on now, reminds me of the early 90s and the craziness that went on. Only thing I havent seen yet are the hookers walking around. Lol

I dont blame anyone if they dont want to take public transportation.

Worst city I’ve been to is flint and east stl.

Looked like bombs hit whole blocks. Chicago gets blown out of proportion. You have nothing to worry about downtown.

D91F89BA-6CF5-4EFD-8F10-3EDC4461D093.jpeg

0281FC04-69AC-4938-AA2B-5EBADDA72848.jpeg

07692D58-F146-4FCD-8D3C-4E2372D9386D.jpeg

063B298A-E72E-403F-AB07-E7D2AD8D0802.jpeg

0299C637-3021-4BE5-BD36-5F20807BADE8.jpeg

69ED18AC-FC85-45FA-AA5F-579B3BC982EB.jpeg

Worst city I’ve been to is flint and east stl.

Looked like bombs hit whole blocks. Chicago gets blown out of proportion. You have nothing to worry about downtown.
Downtown is generally safe during the day, but you can't sleep on it. Especially at night. Downtown at night is not the same as downtown during the day. Most crimes in Chicago go down outside of downtown. But downtown gets a fair share of situations on the news every night too.

On State Street...

When y'all are at Prince St, go for the spicy vodka square, order it with extra cheese too, thank me later.

Also, Lucali is a must go, and somehow, their calzone is insanely better than the pizza

:lol:

This place is doing a LOT man. :lol:

Look at what their are doing with their pizzas.

places that make "big" food don't appeal to me at all. looks like a gimmick to cover up the lack of quality.

Place I went to last night (Bonci) had some amazing Roman slices. Apparently it's owned by Gabriele Bonci. He only has 2 spots, one in Rome & Chicago. I remember watching this episode. Never made the connection. Roman Squares have incredible crisps

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom