Official Pizza Appreciation!

Those slices of cake in the last pic where are they from.
They're from Oasis Cafe on 196-30 Northern Blvd, Flushing, NY 11358. If you're in & around the area I highly recommend you give them a shot. Hands down my favorite bakery. The rainbow cake, 7 layer chocolate & chocolate fudge are my top 3 🤤 but everything else is pretty damn good too.

Finally got around to breaking this out. Better late than never…

First time making any sort of dough or pizza. Started simple with margheritas (The oval was the first attempt :lol:)

All in all went as well as I could’ve expected. Hardest part was stretching out the dough. Too thick of a crust and didn’t get them to 12” like they should’ve been

I think the dough needed a little longer to proof. Did a quick same day dough, proofed for about 7 hours

The heat in those ovens is no joke. Goes from cooked to crust ignited in a second :lol:

5CBE461B-E8D5-44DC-905E-736B8CDF49F1.jpeg
:emoji_fire:

^Looking forward to trying larger NY and pan styles at some point. For now sticking with neapolitans

The main issue I had was getting the right size/thickness. The dough seemed to have good integrity but it was dense and tight. It would really "snap" back to a smaller form when stretched (normal to a certain extent)

Going to try the same dough recipe with an extra 1-2 hour proofing time and see if that helps

Toskana Pizza on Northern Blvd & 248 Little Neck. Regular was great & spinach artichoke was good nothing else. I got to come back here in the daytime & dine-in because the place has a homey vibe to it & open door front & side which would be a nice touch on a warm evening.
20220518_204539.jpg
20220518_212327.jpg

a vegan pie from freakin papa johns is greata than all this mess!!!!!!!

no lie tho, hit up Manhattan last yr and been vegan I dunno 7 or so yeeiz now, but gd if I didnt have to TRY a world famous NY slice and you know what? that dough is so phenomenal, hit up a few spots too for variety. but im done! curiosity satiated.

Man I wish my daughter would just be down to crush a bunch of pizza sometimes.

She’s so basic and picky. I’m like you’re almost 16 eat something besides chicken and tacos. :lol:

1 of my girls is like that. whenever we order pizza she's the first complaining. i tell her all the time, "u get to eat nyc pizza whenever u want, this **** is caviar anywhere else :smokin

John's of Bleecker St
Artichoke Basille's

Bruh my British ex brought me here (she aint even from here and she wanted to bring ME to an NYC pizza shop imagine that) and she was raving its the best NY pizza.

Not even trying to hate, it was so...regular. My local pizza spot was better.

stuntman mike stuntman mike honestly around there you wont find one of the more popular or “good” spots, Artichokes is cool if you like that flavor, Prince St Pizza in Soho is actually really good and worth the hype. Best pepperoni slice ive ever had. Di Fara’s in BK is the absolute best pizza ive ever had but thats hella deep. Scarr’s in the LES is pretty good. Mama’S Too and Bleecker Street Pizza is pretty good. Im of a fan of Emily or Emmy Squared if you want sit down style.

Edit: didnt realize this was so late but hey Scarr’s was on my list :lol:

Back
Top Bottom